ADVERTISEMENT

BMac vs Bobo

I certainly would take advice from Steve Spurrier. What would you have said if Tanner had ignored Spurriers advice?
I wouldn’t of had a problem if had ignored Spurrier’s advice, because Spurrier’s last couple years here He made a few bad choices. And he wasn’t in a rush to change them. So I wouldn’t had a problem with it at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: RoosterBooster1
I wouldn’t of had a problem if had ignored Spurrier’s advice, because Spurrier’s last couple years here He made a few of them. And he wasn’t in a rush to change them. So I wouldn’t had a problem with it at all!
Maybe we should hire you as AD then.

Reactions: shagginrooster
To my experience, it takes more than that to get a coach fired. I read that in his last year at Florida, they didn't even sell out their student ticket allotment.
It really only takes the opinion of a few people. The board, President, and the AD.

Outside of firing for cause, that's not the way it usually happens. You could literally hear the boos and chants of "Fire Muschamp!" during their games -- especially after he lost to us in 2014.
That’s not a very scientific way of deciding if most fans are for or against it.

I love Spurrier to death- but bad staff replacements and promotions were his downfall. And tanner basically let HIM influence his decision on the next H/C!?!?
Please fire Tanner ASAP. The man is more ineffective as an Ad then our offense has been since 2015. We don’t have to totally write Tanner off, let him be a community relations guy, or the the cocky mascot but not the a/d.

Last edited:
So a guy with power 5 coaching experience, endorsed by Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, and Mack Brown shouldn’t get a look?
Nick Saban nor Mack Brown endorsed the hiring of Will Muschamp to South Carolina. Excuse me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember that happening!

Nick Saban nor Mack Brown endorsed the hiring of Will Muschamp to South Carolina. Excuse me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember that happening!
I actually meant Gus Malzahn- not Saban. and he was coach in waiting under Brown. I’m just deducing their opinions of the guy.

Reactions: Brace1
That’s not a very scientific way of deciding if most fans are for or against it.
Jeremy Foley was one of the best ADs in the SEC. He specifically said he heard what Florida fans wanted when he fired Muschamp.
Well, there's really not a scientific way of hiring any coach. It's based on any number of factors. Firing them (without cause) almost always comes down to wins and losses. Foley addresses Muschamp's firing in his press conference.

If Tanner would have hired Lincolin Riley would he have left for OU when that job opened up?

Muschamp is the first proven entity at OC that Champ has hired, so that gives hope.

giphy.gif

We USED to hate Mclendon. Now he is gone so we hate Bobo. It's the Carolina way to hate every coach and player and every ex coach and player. It's what our specialty is.

U nailed it. I love how the agenda people try to act like they are asking a serious question while giving you their answer. The OP likely hates WM, therefore he’s made up his mind to hate Bobo too before he’s called one play. God for bid the first play from scrimmage is a pass play and incomplete.

U nailed it. I love how the agenda people try to act like they are asking a serious question while giving you their answer. The OP likely hates WM, therefore he’s made up his mind to hate Bobo too before he’s called one play. God for bid the first play from scrimmage is a pass play and incomplete.
We just went 4-8 and hired our 3rd OC in 5 years. Fans being skeptical does not equate to hate.

Not many, and I wouldn’t take advice from fans of a team in my conference. Would you do that as an AD? And Spurrier let his emotions get the better of him by pushing Muschamp. He likes Champ personally and felt he deserved another shot, to bad we were the mark for that other shot. Spurrier hung onto bad coaches for years because he started catching feelings in his old age, that didn’t used to be Steve Spurrier
Making swift coaching changes got Dabo to the top

So a guy with power 5 coaching experience, endorsed by Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, and Mack Brown shouldn’t get a look?
So we should have considered bringing Sparky Woods back? He’s also a Mack Brown guy and had more success in a worse situation as a P5 head coach.

We just went 4-8 and hired our 3rd OC in 5 years. Fans being skeptical does not equate to hate.

I am happy we hired a real coordinator for a change. Bobo is walking into an average receiving corp with average RBs. His stud is out for the year. Play calling won’t matter if our O and D lines dont produce. I am hoping our receivers prove me wrong as well as our RBs.

But I will say.......sure is nice to actually talk about football for a change.

Reactions: paladin181
Charlie Weis has multiple Super Bowls as OC
THANK YOU. I feel like I'm the only one who remembers Charlie Weiss coached OC for Champ at UF, and the offense was still a jumbled mess. The man is an offensive genius, and he couldn't instill an offensive plan that would work in Champ's system. If a coach with Weiss' experience and pedigree couldn't do it, why do we expect the offense to be dynamic and strong under Mike Bobo?

I am happy we hired a real coordinator for a change. Bobo is walking into an average receiving corp with average RBs. His stud is out for the year. Play calling won’t matter if our O and D lines dont produce. I am hoping our receivers prove me wrong as well as our RBs.

But I will say.......sure is nice to actually talk about football for a change.
"Average receiving corp"? But, but Bmac was a GREAT recruiter according to WM. This proves that he was not and was way below average as an OC. Hope Bobo can straighten this mess out.

"Average receiving corp"? But, but Bmac was a GREAT recruiter according to WM. This proves that he was not and was way below average as an OC. Hope Bobo can straighten this mess out.
BMAC (and none of our coaches) didn’t just recruit WR’s. He signed guys like the Wonnum brothers, Hilinski, Jaycee Horn and many others. You can’t just look at the position group and say that coach isn’t recruiting well. They don’t recruit by position.

BMac was easily one of our 3 best recruiters along with TRob and Bentley. Pretty much every good player we have signed the last 5 years is because of one of those 3 guys.

We USED to hate Mclendon. Now he is gone so we hate Bobo. It's the Carolina way to hate every coach and player and every ex coach and player. It's what our specialty is.

I think we want to win. The problem is not the OC it is the HC. How he has managed to be hired and to stick around for so long is a testimony to Ray’s incompetence.

Kentucky
Missouri
Tennessee (because it’s at home)
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss
TAMU (again a home game and after a bye week)
Finally, a game we have no business winning... (this year we have both Georgia and Auburn at home or at Florida as very slim but possible upsets)

ATm is loaded for bear this year. We have NEVER beaten them....never. UT has passed SC now in talent, though I have hope for that game. Ky at commonwealth?, they have better coaches and equal talent, call it 50/50 at best being a road game. Last thought, maybe Ole Miss is down in talent, to a point where we have a sig advantage. Maybe. But Kiffin on game day vs. Muschamp seems a lean towards kiffin (and I abhor Kiffin). I think Vegas has SC at 3.5 wins, I tend to think we are better than that, I see 5-5 most likely. Lloyd would have likely been the difference in 1-2 games IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT