ADVERTISEMENT

Board Restructure

More of the same old, same old, apparently. Continued BOT and political meddling to ensure that our athletic endeavors stay on track as they have always been, for personal agendas. Forever To Thee.........

I don't live in South Carolina, but I've heard they plan to bring it back up in January when it will have plenty of time to clear procedural and obstructionist hurdles.

I bet this isn’t moving forward because those (whoever they are) who would oversee a restructure had no plan or idea of what to do. Sounds like a mess.

Last edited:
It may have been a good idea to introduce it now in hopes it gains traction for the next time it can be brought up again.

No idea.

The overall bill didn't pass but one of the committees refused to advance the names of 4-6 board members for consideration of new terms. So I don't know where that stands as they had to advance their names.

If Eddie Floyd continues on the board (his 40th year) I can only assume he has evidence of serious national security secrets that he's vowed to tell if he's not on the board. What a useless heap he is at this point on the board.

Reactions: 67gamecock
I have a call in to my state senator to ask about this.

The bill did fail.

Dick Harpootlian was pushing it hard but it was blocked.

The board members that were blocked from being reconsidered again will likely not be able to serve through the end of the next legislative session even if they are lame ducks

The pathetic thing about those members is even after getting what is essentially a "NO CONFIDENCE" vote by a majority of legislators- not one of them have chosen to resign voluntarily.

That proves without a doubt that part of the board is 100% self serving. They are pathetic and if I am lucky enough to run into one of them face to face, I will tell them that face to face.

I have a call in to my state senator to ask about this.

The bill did fail.

Dick Harpootlian was pushing it hard but it was blocked.

The board members that were blocked from being reconsidered again will likely not be able to serve through the end of the next legislative session even if they are lame ducks

The pathetic thing about those members is even after getting what is essentially a "NO CONFIDENCE" vote by a majority of legislators- not one of them have chosen to resign voluntarily.

That proves without a doubt that part of the board is 100% self serving. They are pathetic and if I am lucky enough to run into one of them face to face, I will tell them that face to face.
IDK but given that, it kinda sounds like there must be perks to being on the board. And if perks are the reasons their own self interest come before the university, the perks need to be addressed. If they are in it for the wine and dine, there has to be a way to put a stop it.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
IDK but given that, it kinda sounds like there must be perks to being on the board. And if perks are the reasons their own self interest come before the university, the perks need to be addressed. If they are in it for the wine and dine, there has to be a way to put a stop it.

Be nice if someone reported if Board Members get free football tickets.

If so, that should be cut off. Being on the board is service- not something to benefit from.

In my county, our council chair donates his yearly salary to a scholarship for deserving high school students. He doesn't really talk about it.

Be nice if someone reported if Board Members get free football tickets.

If so, that should be cut off. Being on the board is service- not something to benefit from.

In my county, our council chair donates his yearly salary to a scholarship for deserving high school students. He doesn't really talk about it.
That reminds me of how the High School umpires association award several $500.00 scholarships every year. Most of them donate the gas stipends they get when they travel to games. Kinda puts them in a different light doesnt it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT