ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Lawing on WISTV live just said

TBfgUrq.png

I’d be fine with him being here. I do worry about coaches in the twilight of their career just coasting into retirement. Would he have the same fire and intensity we need? Also, who would Muschamp fire to make room for him?

I believe he burned some bridges around our AD? He was a good recruiter and a better coach though. I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back, but I have no say so in the process...

He turned Melvin Ingram into a pro prospect by motivating a great athlete that the light hadn't come on at one point during his career here. Told him he could be a NFL player or just some wasted talent.

I believe he burned some bridges around our AD? He was a good recruiter and a better coach though. I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back, but I have no say so in the process...

He turned Melvin Ingram into a pro prospect by motivating a great athlete that the light hadn't come on at one point during his career here. Told him he could be a NFL player or just some wasted talent.
Ray is about to get a new boss. I doubt he'd have time to worry about what Lawing was doing or any burned bridges when he's got to impress his new boss that's coming next year.

Reactions: CockIN73
Danm!!!!get his ass a contract will (make room). If will passes that up then im afraid we are doomed to mediocrity. I'm being a little dramatic, I just want coaches who love this place. Something went down with OBC, Ellis and Lawing. It was kind like the Beatles breaking up, it was just never the same when they broke up the band.

Reactions: 92Pony

He was the best Dline coach we have ever had, period. And our Dline went down after he left.

I've said it before (recently); Get. The. Man. On-board! When someone comes calling for Lance - or when he starts sniffin around other schools - and leaves (like was a possibility last year), boom. Lawing slides right back into the DL coach spot.SmokinSmile

Reactions: jonesz21
I’d be fine with him being here. I do worry about coaches in the twilight of their career just coasting into retirement. Would he have the same fire and intensity we need? Also, who would Muschamp fire to make room for him?
Serious answer. LB coach. Our DL coach has a great reputation as a LB coach and seems to be more suited for the position based on his history.

Plus Lawing was Muschamp's DL coach at UF.

Just heard Lawing on Sportstalk...sounds like he may have taken up drinking.

Haven't heard that. Why does LT want out? Granted he's a better LB coach than a DL coach, but that can be arranged.
Don't know if it's what bloodyspur is referencing or not, but remember after last season there was some alleged flirtation by LT with other suitors. He of course ended up staying put, but......

Reactions: rogue cock
He was the best Dline coach we have ever had, period. And our Dline went down after he left.
so why isnt he working? if he was as good as yall claim he would be working somewhere right now, guaranteed....time to move on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT