ADVERTISEMENT

Brady Hoke: "It's time to go south for a little bit, but not South Bend."

It sounds like he is going to take a year off and spend time with the family. But maybe next year we can get him.

So John Hoke is going to be the $750,000 a year defensive back's coach? Brady Hoke would certainly command a salary similar to Muschamp, who makes between 1.6 to 1.8 million a year. Also, Ward makes $650,000 a year.

Hard to believe Ray Tanner would go on that type of spending spree. It would be nice, but I just don't see it.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:
It sounds like he is going to take a year off and spend time with the family. But maybe next year we can get him.
Hmmmm . . . to borrow a phrase from USC orientation a la 1963 re: the study of history at Carolina:

'A knowledge of the past will enable us to understand/deal better with . . . the future.'
wink.r191677.gif

Why not go after high paid coaches? Look at the ton of money we saved on recruiting. "sarcasm" here.

Brady Hoke is still set to receive 3 Million over the next two years as part of his contract with Michigan.

However, he is required by his contract to seek meaningful employment. If he finds a job as an Head Coach, an Assistant Head Coach of an NFL team, or an Analyst it will reduce his 3 million.

He could take a job as an assistant or similar much lower job than head coach and retain his pay from Michigan.

so what you are saying is "it's possible" ,,, Great

Brady Hoke is not a coach I would want on staff. He couldn't be bothered to even wear a headset while on the sidelines at UM, he looked the part of a deer in headlights most games. His lone bright side is that he is one hell of a recruiter, but even that has drawbacks with him. He didn't develop players well at all while at Michigan. He did little to nothing to improved upon the players he recruited. He had a roster of 45 4, star recruits on his team and couldn't beat teams with 1/3rd of the talent. He is great at getting perceived talent, but literally all he can do is get it. He can't develop talent and that is a major red flag in my book. Not worth the cash he would command IMO

Originally posted by DetroitCock:
Brady Hoke is not a coach I would want on staff. He couldn't be bothered to even wear a headset while on the sidelines at UM, he looked the part of a deer in headlights most games. His lone bright side is that he is one hell of a recruiter, but even that has drawbacks with him. He didn't develop players well at all while at Michigan. He did little to nothing to improved upon the players he recruited. He had a roster of 45 4, star recruits on his team and couldn't beat teams with 1/3rd of the talent. He is great at getting perceived talent, but literally all he can do is get it. He can't develop talent and that is a major red flag in my book. Not worth the cash he would command IMO
I'd take his as a defensive line coach in a millisecond.

Originally posted by DetroitCock:
Hey, let him get them on campus and then Steve & John coach them up...sounds like a plan...I like it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT