ADVERTISEMENT

BRANDON MCILWAIN TRANSFERRING

The backup QBs better get a lot of work in this spring.

Not surprising and I don't blame him . He will start and produce where ever he ends up . Say what you want about his in game production ; we put him in a terrible position with all the injuries at skill positions and he played hard every game and handled the Jake situation like a true pro . Would not be surprised if he goes somewhere else and develops into a fantastic QB . Sucks to see him go , if Jake goes down we are screwed . However, hard to ask a kid with his talent and ability ride the pine his entire career . Great Kid who has shown nothing but class since he's been here . Hope he goes somewhere else and kills it .

Not surprising and I don't blame him . He will start and produce where ever he ends up . Say what you want about his in game production ; we put him in a terrible position with all the injuries at skill positions and he played hard every game and handled the Jake situation like a true pro . Would not be surprised if he goes somewhere else and develops into a fantastic QB . Sucks to see him go , if Jake goes down we are screwed . However, hard to ask a kid with his talent and ability ride the pine his entire career . Great Kid who has shown nothing but class since he's been here . Hope he goes somewhere else and kills it .

I think baseball is where he will make his mark, and where he will be drafted again and where he will get his future earnings, I'm really disappointed he was not in the lineup given some of our offensive difficulties and the positive MLB scouting reports seemed like a no brainer let him play and develop and get better and better at baseball.

He has to make some strides as a college QB, not having the WR's and our line did not help matters, but he is not a finished product as a QB.

It's a shock for a lot of these young men. They dominated in High School in dual sports and suddenly in College it's a different ballgame. Some adapt put in work and get better. Some are convinced it's the Schools or coaches fault. Unfortunately it usually ends up being they weren't that good to start with and spend 4 years trying to capture the alpha dog status they had in High School at different places with the same results.

Yeah, I kind wish we didn't go "all in" on Jake at the end of the season. It didn't translate into wins against Florida, Clemson or USF. In retrospect, it may have been better to make it more of a competition. Jake was never a threat to transfer for obvious reasons. Had it been more of a competition perhaps BMac would have stuck around.

Oh well. Water under the bridge now, I guess. Wish him the best of luck. He's an impressive young man.

Yeah, I kind wish we didn't go "all in" on Jake at the end of the season. It didn't translate into wins against Florida, Clemson or USF. In retrospect, it may have been better to make it more of a competition. Jake was never a threat to transfer for obvious reasons. Had it been more of a competition perhaps BMac would have stuck around.

Oh well. Water under the bridge now, I guess. Wish him the best of luck. He's an impressive young man.

Huh?
You play to win the game.. you play your best QB

Agree some what but clemson has qb's lined up riding pine too.

We really messed up not getting a qb in this class. Yes I know we signed Urich but most close to his game feel he may end up a tight end before all is said and done

Why does God keep telling all these kids to transfer, man!?!?
Haha. It seems that God is always telling the Clemson players to come back for their senior year, at least according to Rev. Dabo.

Seriously, I wish him the best. This isn't exactly surprising. I hope he is sincere in seeking God's will for his life. I know in my life he has closed some doors for me that left me devastated at the time. But in each case, other doors opened soon thereafter that were better opportunities than anything I could have planned for myself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT