ADVERTISEMENT

BRANDON MCILWAIN TRANSFERRING

Was there a reason why Brandon didn't play more in baseball????

I thought coming into the season, we would see him in the line up....

Was he hitting the ball too much in practice and Chad just couldn't have a good hitter in the line up???

Reactions: Gradstudent
this was only a matter of when, not if as soon as his mother went on social media claiming her son was on the bench because of the coaches son played the same possition despite the fact her son was clearly no where near ready to play and the coaches son was light years ahead of him.

This right here.

The fact remains that when he got here and was competing for spots against guys who are just as good, and quite honestly some are better than he, and those who could give 100% of their time to baseball, he has not panned out as the scouts thought he would. Will he at a smaller school? I hope so. But we are too stacked for someone who's splitting time between 2 sports to crack our starting 9, especially in the OF.
Bingo

Good luck to BM. He has class and talent.

He plays outfield. The best hitters on the Gamecocks, maybe other than Cullen and he hasn't yet proved it, are outfielders. He isn't beating out Destino or Hopkins. Danny Blair had a great camp and has wheels. Carlos Cortes is maybe the best hitter on the team. I just didn't see him getting a lot of ABs this season.

Baseball is a tough game. It's even more difficult when you have to split time between football and baseball.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT