ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wilds

Maybe this week they can audition players for next year. Play some of the true frosh and instruct them to fake a high ankle sprain in the 4th. Give Larenz Bryant a chance at RB. It's his natural position.

Maybe there's a reason Spurrier didn't give him the ball so many times during the KY game Didn't want him to get inijured:cool:
I said before the season, that the RB core was often injured and inexperienced, but was disputed. To my knowledge, Wilds has missed time every single year he's been at South Carolina.

I said before the season, that the RB core was often injured and inexperienced, but was disputed. To my knowledge, Wilds has missed time every single year he's been at South Carolina.
It's ironic that the RB who took Lattimore's spot after his 1st ACL tear against Miss St in '11, was always fighting injuries himself. Obviously Wilds didn't have injuries as severe as Marcus, but he had a lot of injuries that didn't shut him down for the year or threaten his career. Yes, Wilds is certainly injury prone, but he always comes back.

It's ironic that the RB who took Lattimore's spot after his 1st ACL tear against Miss St in '11, was always fighting injuries himself. Obviously Wilds didn't have injuries as severe as Marcus, but he had a lot of injuries that didn't shut him down for the year or threaten his career. Yes, Wilds is certainly injury prone, but he always comes back.

And I hate, hate, hate it for the kid! He's bided his time behind Latti, and MD28, and waited for his opportunity to be #1 without complaining much. He's been a great Gamecock, and I hope this has been his last nick-up, and hope he finishes the season STRONG!!

Some of the running back injuries stem from Spurrier's no imagination straight ahead running plays that almost always get stonewalled. Either the I formation or some misdirection could help the situation.

I also find it interesting that Wilds and Lattimore have a similar running style. A style where they seem to avoid a lot of direct hits. Smooth runners whose feet seem to barely touch the ground, avoiding heavy, violent impact with the turf. On the other hand, the twisting, turning and driving with their legs to get those extra yards at the LOS, could be the culprit. It's just the risk you take as a college RB. But I really enjoyed watching Lattimore and Wilds run the ball.

Some of the running back injuries stem from Spurrier's no imagination straight ahead running plays that almost always get stonewalled. Either the I formation or some misdirection could help the situation.
You have got that right. I wonder if Spurrier ever considered a formation where the RB didn't have to stop his forward motion before he actually hit the hole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT