ADVERTISEMENT

Braves pitching

Bubbaglide

Sep 1, 2006
On the road again
Once again the starters sucked tonight. The light hitting Orioles have 10 runs in the 3rd to lead 10-0. If they have any arms at the other location they need to go get them. Tookie isn't the answer. Can't throw strikes. If he throws it over the plate, they hit it over the fence.

We all hate that Soroka was injured in such a horrible and silly way.
It sucks about Foltynewicz, Newcomb, etc.
And screw Felix Hernandez for abandoning our team.

But...amazingly...we will STILL be reasonably OK IF Hamels can step up, Fried can return to the form he has shown all season and in 2019, and Ian Anderson keeps channeling his inner John Smoltz.

Next year is the year that some of these youngsters will become men. And what a season it will be.

Once again the starters sucked tonight. The light hitting Orioles have 10 runs in the 3rd to lead 10-0. If they have any arms at the other location they need to go get them. Tookie isn't the answer. Can't throw strikes. If he throws it over the plate, they hit it over the fence.

I’m a Braves fan but let’s be honest about this team. They have one reliable starter and that’s Max Fried. Ian Anderson is a rookie and looks good so far, but once there is more tape on him and hitters adjust time will tell if he’s going to be around for the long haul. I tend to think he is but many pitchers have started out strong just to flame out later. You’re not going far on one starter, a rookie and a washed up veteran with no off days in the playoffs. Hopefully our GM won’t get cold feet this off season and we can make a legitimate run in 2021.

I’m a Braves fan but let’s be honest about this team. They have one reliable starter and that’s Max Fried. Ian Anderson is a rookie and looks good so far, but once there is more tape on him and hitters adjust time will tell if he’s going to be around for the long haul. I tend to think he is but many pitchers have started out strong just to flame out later. You’re not going far on one starter, a rookie and a washed up veteran with no off days in the playoffs. Hopefully our GM won’t get cold feet this off season and we can make a legitimate run in 2021.

I agree with everything you said. It’s quite a shame given how the bats & bullpen are the best in franchise history. Quality starting pitching could’ve led to a championship in this shortened season.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I agree with everything you said. It’s quite a shame given how the bats & bullpen are the best in franchise history. Quality starting pitching could’ve led to a championship in this shortened season.

Yep I agree it’s like the exact opposite plan of the 90s. When Soroka comes back we will have two starters. If Anthropolous does not go get a third either by trade or free agency then we need a new GM. Tired of hearing about the prospects. If Pache and Waters are so valuable, quit letting Ender play. If they’re not, trade them for pitching this off season. A lot of our pitching “prospects” have flamed out and are virtually worthless at this point.

Yep I agree it’s like the exact opposite plan of the 90s. When Soroka comes back we will have two starters. If Anthropolous does not go get a third either by trade or free agency then we need a new GM. Tired of hearing about the prospects. If Pache and Waters are so valuable, quit letting Ender play. If they’re not, trade them for pitching this off season. A lot of our pitching “prospects” have flamed out and are virtually worthless at this point.

We are truly like minded on this subject.

My other thought is let Tyler Flowers go. He isn't good defensively and will let at least one ball get by him that he should have blocked. Least night he dropped a very good throw that would have prevented a run. Travis is a much better catcher. Bring the kids up (Jackson ?) And let him back Travis up. Flowers is a rally killer. Use Flowers salary to go out and get a good starter who isn't past his prime. Most of baseball was surprised that Alex made no attempt to get a starter. Fried, soroka and Anderson could be the next Glavine, Hudson and Smoltz. Freddy for MVP

My other thought is let Tyler Flowers go. He isn't good defensively and will let at least one ball get by him that he should have blocked. Least night he dropped a very good throw that would have prevented a run. Travis is a much better catcher. Bring the kids up (Jackson ?) And let him back Travis up. Flowers is a rally killer. Use Flowers salary to go out and get a good starter who isn't past his prime. Most of baseball was surprised that Alex made no attempt to get a starter. Fried, soroka and Anderson could be the next Glavine, Hudson and Smoltz. Freddy for MVP

So true. Why we dumped money into Flowers and let Suzuki walk is beyond me. The only silver lining was seeing him win a World Series....but I hated it was with the Walgreens Nats.

Jackson or Contreras would be an upgrade from Flowers. AA’s only move was to put a flier in for Milone was horrible. I will say with a short season and short playoff I’m willing to give him a pass on not making a move at the trade deadline. Not getting one for next season is another story though.

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT