ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News: UVA vs VT Postponed

This is getting ridiculous... Soon, we'll start seeing Game postponed or canceled due to flu, herpes, menstrual cycle, etc... You name it...

Just play the games and if you're sick, then don't play... Just because a star player or two can't play because of COVID 19 is getting ridiculous...

Life moves on... COVID or no COVID...

4dyi65.gif

Iowa State got the stands right. Putting cheerleaders and band distanced in the stands. Creates a little spirit. Like it.

Its a throwaway season at this rate, but it's going to lead to some rare outcomes and perhaps add pressure on some coaches, fair or unfair. The Cyclones are a lot like us. Even when you are good, it's a challenge. For the Cajuns, respect.

You're talking about a demographic that is producing almost no Covid hospitalizations. My concern would be numbers, not severity.
I was not talking about demographics, not severity, or numbers. I posted a news item (concerning a game postponement) along with a concern that this may not be an isolated postponement.
It was conjecture on your part to insinuate I was referring to hospitalizations.

Last edited:
I was not talking about demographics, not severity, or numbers. I posted a new item (concerning a game postponement) along with a concern that this may no be an isolated postponement.
It was conjecture on your part to insinuate I was referring to hospitalizations.
I wasn't even thinking of you when I said it. I was thinking about the relatively remote chance, fortunately, of serious illness among these athletes.

Well how many players have the virus?

The question should be how many players died???

We used to count flu deaths in stead of flu cases... Now we count the COVID19 cases and not COVID 19...

How many players over the years didn't play because of the flu and how many games were postponed because of the flu???

Reactions: Patriot321
So all ACC Schools will play except the two Virginia schools. Western Virginia needs to merge with West Virginia. Problem solved.

Sid Thornwell didn't have a great final four because of the flu

A good many players were either playing with him or against him. Did they fare OK physically?

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell says he is feeling much better and practiced with his team Friday as the Gamecocks prepared for their Final Four matchup with Gonzaga.

Thornwell, South Carolina's leading scorer at 21.6 points per game, missed Thursday's practice with flu-like symptoms.

"I had a fever and a headache, but I'm fine now," Thornwell said Friday. "I'm good."

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell says he is feeling much better and practiced with his team Friday as the Gamecocks prepared for their Final Four matchup with Gonzaga.

Thornwell, South Carolina's leading scorer at 21.6 points per game, missed Thursday's practice with flu-like symptoms.

"I had a fever and a headache, but I'm fine now," Thornwell said Friday. "I'm good."

So he got to feeling better. My question was about teammates or opponents and I suppose those records were never compiled. By the way, it's questionable how "good" he was.

You're talking about a demographic that is producing almost no Covid hospitalizations. My concern would be numbers, not severity.
My concern is it sets up perfect for Clemson to win it all and the Heisman. If that is the result, I Hope season gets cancelled

Their split has to do with the Civil War so I doubt there will be a reunion anytime soon.
I have a lot of friends who live in VA counties along the Shenandoah Valley and many in that area were very supportive of the idea of an annexation of their counties by WV back in January. None of them remember the Civil War and I bet the vote would be much closer than many think. Of course, that is not the prevailing opinion in Charlottesville and Blacksburg.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I have a lot of friends who live in VA counties along the Shenandoah Valley and many in that area were very supportive of the idea of an annexation of their counties by WV back in January. None of them remember the Civil War and I bet the vote would be much closer than many think. Of course, that is not the prevailing opinion in Charlottesville and Blacksburg.

Any idea why your friends who live in VA counties along the Shenandoah Valley support switching states? Please don't tell me it's an ACC - Big XII thing.

Any idea why your friends who live in VA counties along the Shenandoah Valley support switching states? Please don't tell me it's an ACC - Big XII thing.
Probably access to meth and the lower standard education system.

ADVERTISEMENT