ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen entering draft in case NCAA doesn't clear him to play

Welp. He gone. I dont see the NCAA clearing him before the draft.

There goes the One and Done scenario, Hell only Gamecocks can have a None and Gone Scenario...
Kentucky almost had the same scenario last year with Hamidou Diallo. He pulled the trigger to come back and play at the last second though. Difference being, he didn't have any eligibility issues.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Kentucky almost had the same scenario last year with Hamidou Diallo. He pulled the trigger to come back and play at the last second though. Difference being, he didn't have any eligibility issues.
my guess, based on how the NCAA feels about South Carolina, he will not be cleared. at least no time soon

Omg. Will anyone be left on the roster to field a team? This is crazy I know that putting your name in does not mean you are gone. But Silva and Bowen will be a tough blow to take. Damn revolving door. We need Frank to get kids that can take his coaching style. Too may weak kids out there it seems.

Not to mention that if Rah sneezes too loudly, he'll probably be suspended. I'm *really* hoping we will have those three on the team next year, but I'm not holding my breath. Dang.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Not to mention that if Rah sneezes too loudly, he'll probably be suspended. I'm *really* hoping we will have those three on the team next year, but I'm not holding my breath. Dang.

Geez it didn't really hit me.

1) I was thinking Silva was just getting an eval, and unless he was decently high in the draft, he'd come back. But then they have a development league now right?

2) Bowen, makes sense for him to declare. I imagine the NCAA won't bother making a ruling, and he'll do the rational thing and enter the draft no matter what. From the NCAA's view that's a win, because by doing nothing they don't have to justify or defend anything. And it's not like they care about our program like they would a Kentucky or North Carolina.

3) Good point about Felder. Would anyone be surprised if he did screw up again?

So if none of those guys is available next year, just how bad could it get?

I guess Bowen may have served his purpose by practicing against our true SC players. Martin commented it was nice having 10 D1 players just to practice. I was sceptical when he signed, and I don’t think he will ever play for us. I hope I am wrong.

Ya'll worry too much. Don't ya'll know FFF made the tournament once in six seasons here? And that 2022-2023 season is not far off! Clearly, a lifetime contract is in order.

It’s like a vacation day. You start talking about it and mentioning it to the boss you may take it off and you end up taking that day 99.9% of the time.

I never thought he would play for us. But at least he helped us in the recruiting rankings...which is all that most on here care about anyway.

I'm coming around to the view that Silva returns but Bowen never plays here, mainly because someone I trust, a person who is known to all of you, thinks that's the way it will work out.

I'm coming around to the view that Silva returns but Bowen never plays here, mainly because someone I trust, a person who is known to all of you, thinks that's the way it will work out.

did anyone ever think he was going to play at SC?

did anyone ever think he was going to play at SC?
Evidently some people on the board did because some are still talking about it as a possibility. I didn't see the point of bringing him here if there was absolutely no chance he would play. I couldn't understand our staff doing that. But having read the story of all the machinations that went on during his previous recruitment, I don't see how he could play at any Division One college.

Reactions: rogue cock
Evidently some people on the board did because some are still talking about it as a possibility. I didn't see the point of bringing him here if there was absolutely no chance he would play. I couldn't understand our staff doing that. But having read the story of all the machinations that went on during his previous recruitment, I don't see how he could play at any Division One college.

Bye Felicia! He is gone.

Geez it didn't really hit me.

1) I was thinking Silva was just getting an eval, and unless he was decently high in the draft, he'd come back. But then they have a development league now right?

2) Bowen, makes sense for him to declare. I imagine the NCAA won't bother making a ruling, and he'll do the rational thing and enter the draft no matter what. From the NCAA's view that's a win, because by doing nothing they don't have to justify or defend anything. And it's not like they care about our program like they would a Kentucky or North Carolina.

3) Good point about Felder. Would anyone be surprised if he did screw up again?

So if none of those guys is available next year, just how bad could it get?

I’m thinking your 2nd point is a perfect analysis of the Bowen situation. Damn it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT