ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Rod thread.....

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER BRING HIM BACK! I didn't see the GIF, because I have him on ignore, but that guy is the most obnoxious poster on this board. I went out of my way to try and get along with him but still got insulted by him.

To me anyway he would be tied with Free Hawk (for those of you that remember him) for the most obnoxious poster in the history of GCC. As long as we have the great posters we have today things will never get bored. We have the best group of posters as a whole that I can ever remember.

yeah the GIF was insensitive but it’s freedom of speech....1st amendment right. I may not agree, but defend your right to say it.

Hopefully Rod finds his way back soon. It’s been a little dull without his commentary.
You gotta give us a hint what it was about without getting yourself banned

Reactions: 67gamecock
DO NOT EVER EVER EVER BRING HIM BACK! I didn't see the GIF, because I have him on ignore, but that guy is the most obnoxious poster on this board. I went out of my way to try and get along with him but still got insulted by him.

To me anyway he would be tied with Free Hawk (for those of you that remember him) for the most obnoxious poster in the history of GCC. As long as we have the great posters we have today things will never get bored. We have the best group of posters as a whole that I can ever remember.
Wasnt FreeHawk an attorney?

I think he’s funny as hell honestly . Will say I almost flipped out when I saw that Gif . That’s the kind of stuff that gets your ass beat . Still I think he realized he did something insanely stupid and probably regrets it . Still a funny guy .

I’ve had my issues with Rod before and I’ve also “liked” many of his posts. I feel like he’s crossed the line several times with his posts but not to the point of no return. However, the one that is the subject of this discussion was classless beyond belief. I don’t know if he is banned or not, but if he returns, I hope he tones it down a bit. Just my opinion, you may or may not agree.

Something I think we all agree on though, I hate all things orange and Go Cocks!

Yea not sure how I feel about that guy. He seems to use his anonymity behind a keyboard to say what he wants. Doubtful he's that way at work or around friends and family. End of the day it's just an internet message board where nothing really means more than two squirts of piss.

yeah the GIF was insensitive but it’s freedom of speech....1st amendment right. I may not agree, but defend your right to say it.

Hopefully Rod finds his way back soon. It’s been a little dull without his commentary.

1st amendment rights on a site the owners let you visit and they allow you to post? ..i dont think so, it doesnt work like that

1st amendment rights on a site the owners let you visit and they allow you to post? ..i dont think so, it doesnt work like that

To each their own. Again wasn’t tasteful speech but to kick some off for “offensive” speech sets the tone. Again the 9/11 reference wasn’t in good taste, but basically where do you draw the line?

Reactions: Out of Conference

Freedom of Speech isn't even an issue on a privately owned forum. This isn't a government run site.

No freedom of speech issues here. As has already been pointed out, it's a privately owned forum - similar to a privately owned sports franchise - so you don't have the right to say just anything you want.

Having said that, I usually find Rod's posts to be entertaining, even though he can be obnoxious. As for his post on the gif forum, I think it was more a case of a bad choice rather than an intent to offend. I took his post to convey the idea of an unqualified disaster. He should have picked a gif of the Hindenburg, Titanic, or some other disaster that doesn't seem like it happened yesterday. I don't think it was a ban-worthy mistake, if he was, indeed, banned.

I didn't know Rod was banned after he posted that horrible gif of the plane going into the WTC's as a funny post about how our season was going at the mid-point.... There was nothing funny about post. It was disgusting, tasteless, downright despicable post and glad it was taken down...

We all bitch about the team, the coach and also the fans... But Rod crossed the line...

I hope Rod never comes back, period!

Last edited:
Reactions: Heyward1
Some of you guys take Rod way too seriously. (I didn't see the gif, but I don't condone it either, based on the description of it.)
He loves our Gamecocks, hates everything orange, and adds a lot of humor in here, as noted above. As also noted above, I doubt he's as abrasive toward his family and co-workers - his persona on a web board is just that, imo.
That having been said, #freerod

Some of you guys take Rod way too seriously. (I didn't see the gif, but I don't condone it either, based on the description of it.)
He loves our Gamecocks, hates everything orange, and adds a lot of humor in here, as noted above. As also noted above, I doubt he's as abrasive toward his family and co-workers - his persona on a web board is just that, imo.

Trust me.. It was disgusting, tasteless, downright despicable gif of the plane flying into the WTC...

You don't need to see it to know that it was wrong to post it...

Reactions: Heyward1

I'm a diehard Gamecock but love my country more. Using that gif was horrible.

I hope you guys will free Rod. Believe me he loves USC and gets on us Tigers nerves to the max. Even if you ban him here he is one of a few voices on the Sound Off in your corner.

People make mistakes, but it would be a shame if all of you here turn your back on the one dude who is fighting for you on the Sound Off.

I don't have a dog in it really but if you all ban Rod it's your loss. Yes, I do lurk here. No, I don't post here out of respect.

#Free Rod!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT