ADVERTISEMENT

Bring the Bag Men in this wknd

You post crap like this all the time. But do you really want us to cheat at recruiting?

And don't give me "Everybody else does it." Heck, my mother had a stock answer to this line of reasoning. Something about a friend jumping into a fire.
Haha
We probably already have a bagman.

And yes, almost everyone does it to a degree

Reactions: Jpcooper
You must be a great person in real life
Yes sir, great but not cool like you.

You seriously can't be so ignorant as to believe cheating doesn't happen in EVERY sport no matter the age group. Hell, I saw a coach in 12 year old baseball stealing signals lmao. I am amazed at how naive folks are. Oh and nice guys suck. Timid little creatures who buy stock in Jergens lotion.

Also, the assumptions that Clemson has to be cheating is also embarrassing.

Have some respect for yourselves.
I'm going to let you in on a secret, well not really, all schools cheat. The only question is to what extent and who actually knows.

I'm going to let you in on a secret, well not really, all schools cheat. The only question is to what extent and who actually knows.
You're saying Liberty University cheats too ! Even Navy and Army have underhanded proceedings? I have lost all trust in humanity upon hearing that. When Babdis and Uncle Sam are crooked there is nothing left other than complete and utter darkness.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You're saying Liberty University cheats too ! Even Navy and Army have underhanded proceedings? I have lost all trust in humanity upon hearing that. When Babdis and Uncle Sam are crooked there is nothing left other than complete and utter darkness.
Sadly, yes. LOL Embrace the darkness and do what you can.

At some level absolutely. I was at AF Academy. Not as a cadet but worked there. I can promise you they had football players who had no business being there academically

My only take on the cheating posts is when talking about specific recruits please do it after the recruit signs the dotted line with the other team, all the speculation about XT his truck and Clemson does not help our staff who is continuing to try and recruit him.

17 yr kids sometimes want to see what people are saying about them and do read our posts and tweets and whatever, it can impact and finalize their decision to go another direction.

XT is gone. I can't possibly believe that any of our coaches are actively wasting time on him. How many players who verbally committed to Clemson have decommitted then signed with SC ... ever? What anyone posts here means nothing to any of these players.

Reactions: mbsurfside
XT is gone. I can't possibly believe that any of our coaches are actively wasting time on him. How many players who verbally committed to Clemson have decommitted then signed with SC ... ever? What anyone posts here means nothing to any of these players.
DeVonte Holloman. Stephon Gilmore was leaning CU but Ellis Johnson turned him and he convinced Holloman to come to Cola with him.
Just sayin...
If our staff is still recruiting the kid it is because they feel they can flip him. If they didn't they wouldn't waste their time.

Clowney, Gilmore, Jeffery, Lattimore...

All SC products. We can probably compete for in-state 5-star players because we have the lure of them being able to play close to their families. 6-7 teams that pull in (4) 5-star out-of-state players in their very next recruiting class should raise the eye brows of the NCAA, but it doesn't for some teams. I cannot recall a single year where SC produced (4) 5-star players in one year, so we are never going to be able to recruit at that level unless we play by the same rules they play by. It's like always driving the speed limit on the interstate because that is the rule, and everyone else who breaks the rule leaves you in the dust. That is what has happened in our state. Clemson has always shown what they are willing to do to get ahead, and they do it. They may compete honestly in all other sports , but they have put all of their eggs in the football basket that feeds all others. I am not advocating that we blatantly cheat, but there is a time, just like on the highway, when it is adviseable to break the speed limit to keep from getting run over.

DeVonte Holloman. Stephon Gilmore was leaning CU but Ellis Johnson turned him and he convinced Holloman to come to Cola with him.
Just sayin...
If our staff is still recruiting the kid it is because they feel they can flip him. If they didn't they wouldn't waste their time.

Those players never verbally committed to Clemson. Again I ask, how many players that have verbally committed to Clemson, then flipped to SC? NONE! No need to waste time on XT!

Those players never verbally committed to Clemson. Again I ask, how many players that have verbally committed to Clemson, then flipped to SC? NONE! No need to waste time on XT!

The only 5-star player I can recall that committed to Clemson then decommitted and went elsewhere was Robert Nkemdiche who ultimately went to Ole Miss in his home state to join his brother who was already on the team.

All SC products. We can probably compete for in-state 5-star players because we have the lure of them being able to play close to their families. 6-7 teams that pull in (4) 5-star out-of-state players in their very next recruiting class should raise the eye brows of the NCAA, but it doesn't for some teams. I cannot recall a single year where SC produced (4) 5-star players in one year, so we are never going to be able to recruit at that level unless we play by the same rules they play by. It's like always driving the speed limit on the interstate because that is the rule, and everyone else who breaks the rule leaves you in the dust. That is what has happened in our state. Clemson has always shown what they are willing to do to get ahead, and they do it. They may compete honestly in all other sports , but they have put all of their eggs in the football basket that feeds all others. I am not advocating that we blatantly cheat, but there is a time, just like on the highway, when it is adviseable to break the speed limit to keep from getting run over.
The bagman is not anyone tied to the University, the are boosters. The coaches do not even know money given, from who the money goes to

Ever heard of Baylor University? You know that good Christian school.

The only 5-star player I can recall that committed to Clemson then decommitted and went elsewhere was Robert Nkemdiche who ultimately went to Ole Miss in his home state to join his brother who was already on the team.

His home state is Georgia.

He was from Ga but his brother was there. Dalvin Cook was committed to Clemson. May have been a 4 star but probably a 5 talent wise

His home state is Georgia.

You are correct. I knew that, but let that slip by me. His mom was ticked at Dabo for accepting a commitment from her son when she had barely had any contact with Dabo. She was also out of the country fairly regularly between home and Africa if I recall. Can't recall why. Anyway, he had a connection with Ole Miss.

All I'm saying in regards to our coaching staff's supposed continuing recruitment of XT is that, I cannot recall any 5-star who verbally committed to Clemson then decommitted and ultimately signed with SC ... or vica-versa.

Right to join his brother......right after the check cleared.

The only ones i can think of are 4 star Devon Holloman who decommitted from Clemson and ended up a Gamecock and Mark Fields in 2014 who was a Gamecock commitment and became a Clemson commitment.

At the same time, XT is a five star prospect, and arguably the top prospect in the nation, and came down to South Carolina and Clemson and choose Clemson. I have no issue that the staff spending a few minutes a week to make a call to remind him we are still here. I would be upset if they didn't, 5 star prospects who strongly considered SC after 9 wins in 2 years is not rampant right now, its still a ways until signing day,

i don't think he flips, but alot of things happen in a season that are not predictable, maybe Saban has health issue and retires and Dabo goes to Alabama, maybe Clemson struggles, maybe they don't struggle and Hunter Johnson becomes a star and XT's beloved QB Lawrence decommits, maybe some major recruiting infractions are discovered at Clemson. Maybe more key assistant coaches get hired away to the NFL. Maybe its discovered Dabo is calling prostitutes from his University phone like Freeze and resigns.

You are # 2 choice for the top defensive player in the nation, yes you call each week and spend a few minutes and touch base.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT