ADVERTISEMENT

Burch, Evans, Cowan, Grimes, et al....

Don't forget to pay your tithes to New Spring.
I have been a Gamecock, possibly longer than you been living. Just retired, but having been involved in Coaching and Administration for 40+ years in SC, I know more about the state and cities we lived in than I ever knew in the past. Of course, with internet and everything is now streamed live, time to watch is the only obstacle.
Thank you for saying something. I searched that church plus clemson and got all kinds of returns. I am fixing to learn about this.
Spurs Up!

Agree . Losing Burch and XT when they both are basically in your backyard is not good . I’ve said numerous times that Champ must have ELITE talent to win here . He’s a good guy , hard worker , says the right things , He’s just not that great of a game day coach and probably never will be . His best days at Florida was when he had 5 or six NFL first rounders wrecking people on the defense . He has raised the talent level tremendously but his classes are about the same as Spurrier . I don’t wanna hear the old “The current staff evaluates better” blah blah blah . Muschamp has had and will have as many misses as Spurrier or any staff . If you want to recruit top 10 classes you start by knocking off top 10 teams by out coaching or out hustling them . Why would Burch go to a 6-6 or worse team when he can go to Schools that compete for titles every year and be on TV nationally every weekend ?? It is what it is . Winning cures everything . Beating Florida in the Swamp or knocking off a good TAMU team last year would have made big waves . He’s done good things here but Muschamps two signatures wins were beating a UT team that was imploding and beating a Michigan team that clearly didn’t wanna be there ( who were also dominating us until they fell apart in the 2nd half). He’s Gotta win some games he shouldn’t win this year . Bottomline
it has always been more about the jimmies and joes and not the x's and o's for any coach. dabo couldnt coach but he kept recruiting and finding the right coordinators and luckily for them he wasnt fired after 4 yrs...thankfully, tanner is smarter than most of the fans on here and wont be bullied into doing the wrong thing....

Brown will not lock the border...He is doing better than Fedora but we still have a nice haul from NC. We will get our share. If Clemson decides to recruit more regionally than nationally, lots of those kids that UNC has committed would likely be Tiger recruits. I'm really surprised Clemson did not offer Rooks (NC State) or Muhammad(Texas A&M) since they are hurting for WR recruits.

The top recruit in NC, Trent Simpson was dying for a Clemson offer and did not get it. I do give him credit though, going to an SEC school to play football makes more since. It will be interesting this next cycle since there are about 15 highly ranked football players in NC.

It will be interesting to see if Mack Brown can out recruit Dabo Swinney for Payton Page. My $$$ is on Dabo for Page....I think we will do well in NC next cycle due to the large number of recruits in metro Charlotte. The OT from Murphy in Western NC will be a Tennessee lock. Same school that produced Carl Pickens, star at WR for the VOLS....
Simpson's a stud. His problem is that Auburn is where LBs go to disappear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT