ADVERTISEMENT

Burch

Raging Cock

May 7, 2019
I know he’s been quiet about his plans. Any word from his Bama visit? The longer it takes him to commit, the less I like our chances. With Bama, Clemson and UGA in the mix... it’s going to be a battle.

I think it will get interesting when he can start visiting Clemson again, but I like our chances. Pretty sure it’s us or Clemson though.

Reactions: ezcock
And, when exactly will that be?

Today marked the start of a dead period when coaches can't make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on- or off-campus or permit official/unofficial visits. That period runs until July 25. Coaches can still send letters and communicate by telephone and digitally with recruits, and players can still contact coaches to give their commitments and see where they stand after recent commitments.

There's then a one week quiet period during which coaches may make in-person recruiting contacts only on the college campus. The coach is still not allowed to watch athletes compete in-person, visit their school, talk to them at their home—or talk to them anywhere outside of the college campus.

This is followed by another dead period that lasts the entire month of August.

As for when Burch does or doesn't start visiting Clemson again, I guess we'll see, but I am glad that he's spent as much time at USC and with our players and recruits as he has. And, he'll still be seeing Boogie and Jackson regularly....

Today marked the start of a dead period when coaches can't make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on- or off-campus or permit official/unofficial visits. That period runs until July 25. Coaches can still send letters and communicate by telephone and digitally with recruits, and players can still contact coaches to give their commitments and see where they stand after recent commitments.

There's then a one week quiet period during which coaches may make in-person recruiting contacts only on the college campus.

This is followed by another dead period that lasts the entire month of August.

As for when Burch does or doesn't start visiting Clemson again, I guess we'll see, but I am glad that he's spent as much time at USC and with our players and recruits as he has. And, he'll still be seeing Boogie and Jackson regularly....
I am well aware of the rules regarding recruiting and the dead period. For some reason, I really don't think the poster to whom I was asking was referring to the time after the dead period. Some on here have falsely stated that Clemson placed a self-imposed ban on Burch's recruitment.

I am well aware of the rules regarding recruiting and the dead period. For some reason, I really don't think the poster to whom I was asking was referring to the time after the dead period. Some on here have falsely stated that Clemson placed a self-imposed ban on Burch's recruitment.

Not a critique of you - not everyone knows the timing and restrictions for the next couple months, and I think they're relevant to Burch. While Huntley has said that he's pretty low key about recruiting Burch, you can bet that Burch is going to hear from a lot of Gamecock fans over the next 2 months. We're going to have to be patient, but I'm encouraged that so many of his visits (even short ones) prior to the dead and quiet periods have been to us. At the same time, those other visits get a little farther in the rearview mirror.

What's stopping him from visiting Clemons?
there have been rumors on this board that there is a self-imposed sanction, on the part of Clemson, in contacting him because of improper contact. don't know that that is actually true. doesn't make sense to me, but I have only read cursory comments about this. I am assuming this is what people are referring to.

there have been rumors on this board that there is a self-imposed sanction, on the part of Clemson, in contacting him because of improper contact. don't know that that is actually true. doesn't make sense to me, but I have only read cursory comments about this. I am assuming this is what people are referring to.
Clemson is basically full on d-line. He is staying home. He is tight with the muschamp Family. Picked up the nugget below on another board. Take it for what’s it worth.

Rumor is he is waiting to see how USC does this year but barring a total let down he is staying in Columbia

Reactions: SptgCock77
Clemson is basically full on d-line. He is staying home. He is tight with the muschamp Family. Picked up the nugget below on another board. Take it for what’s it worth.

Rumor is he is waiting to see how USC does this year but barring a total let down he is staying in Columbia

Seems legit

He would get a lot more playing time at Carolina for sure. Coupled with the level of competition in the SEC, it might be better for him in the long run, especially in the eyes of NFL scouts.

He would get a lot more playing time at Carolina for sure. Coupled with the level of competition in the SEC, it might be better for him in the long run, especially in the eyes of NFL scouts.
I hate the ACC too, but this argument does not hold water anymore. Didn't they have three d-linemen go in the first round this year? They have too much to evaluate that gives them the evidence they need to make those draft choices now.

People look at the ACC as a disadvantage. If you want to dominate and rack up stats against week opponents, the inferior league is actually an advantage. The ACC puts kids in the NFL second only to the SEC.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I hate the ACC too, but this argument does not hold water anymore. Didn't they have three d-linemen go in the first round this year? They have too much to evaluate that gives them the evidence they need to make those draft choices now.
Still waiting to see how their DL do now that the players that were coached by Brooks and Hobby. The new guy doesn't have nearly the experience they had.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. He would be in a rotation at Clemson for sure, but we are not where they are yet with respect to manpower. He would get a lot more playing time at Carolina.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. He would be in a rotation at Clemson for sure, but we are not where they are yet with respect to manpower. He would get a lot more playing time at Carolina.
Burch is in for the all in cookout at Clemson. The coin continues to flip ......

If Burch decides to go to Clemson, the silver lining for the Gamecocks is we’d be pretty close to finished after Burch. The only others we are actively recruiting are Justin Flowe, LB, California and 3 WRs (we have room for 2 WR). On the other hand, if he decides South Carolina, great pickup for you guys.

He was always a long shot for us. Just because he hadn't publicly eliminated us doesn't mean he was actually considering us.

If Burch decides to go to Clemson, the silver lining for the Gamecocks is we’d be pretty close to finished after Burch. The only others we are actively recruiting are Justin Flowe, LB, California and 3 WRs (we have room for 2 WR). On the other hand, if he decides South Carolina, great pickup for you guys.
We are active with Grime , Evans, and Cowan, so missing on Burch will be terrible, but I would hope he goes anywhere but Clemsux. He has never visited Clemsux but 2 times and has not been there in 8 mts so maybe someone know something I don't know about this situation, but it seems to me he would have more contact with the place he was going to be for 3 yrs or so. Maybe if we don;t get him, maybe he goes to Alabama, anywhere but CowTown

I’m not as confident. Seems like he could have committed while not being able to visit Clemson. I thought he may when Lloyd did. Those two recruiting for us could have improved the class. If he was a gamecock, he would be committed. Every day that passes, I like our chances less.

Many many high profile guys have not committed anywhere yet
It’s only July

Reactions: jeff2001
That’s about where we are every year, back at home?

There's still a long way to go, and we're in it with a number of highly rated recruits. A lot depends on Burch, of course, but I'm going to guess #15 when all is said and done. I'll be happy if we at least address some of our most pressing needs (DL, RB, LB) with high ceiling prospects.

Reactions: rogue cock
There's still a long way to go, and we're in it with a number of highly rated recruits. A lot depends on Burch, of course, but I'm going to guess #15 when all is said and done. I'll be happy if we at least address some of our most pressing needs (DL, RB, LB) with high ceiling prospects.
RB for sure

Reactions: rogue cock
If we get Myles Murphy tuesday we will be almost back at the same spot guaranteed depending on what else happens with other teams between now and then.

By "us," he means Clemson.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT