ADVERTISEMENT

Bust Recruits

IH8FATBRAD

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2006
Are a product of bs hype, and the way these pin head analysts with no experience are given so much power by the WWW. I have seen it first hand. Parents lobbying for their kids. Picking out the best hudl highlights. .....It's absurd. I have seen kids with Power 5 talent go to FCS schools, and over hyped FCS kids go Power 5. Mom and Dad can make a difference. Trust me. Read between the lines if you must.

Are a product of bs hype, and the way these pin head analysts with no experience are given so much power by the WWW. I have seen it first hand. Parents lobbying for their kids. Picking out the best hudl highlights. .....It's absurd. I have seen kids with Power 5 talent go to FCS schools, and over hyped FCS kids go Power 5. Mom and Dad can make a difference. Trust me. Read between the lines if you must.

Yes. A lot don't get the pub because they can't go to all these camps. you are right mama can even try to influence the coaches with tweets

That is why you have to take rankings with a grain of salt. Watch the visits and the offers if you want to know just how good a recruit is. 3* and a 3 or 4 big boys offers (think AJ Turner) are much much better than 4* and nobody really wants them in the end (think Stephen Davis Jr)

Reactions: heavycock
That is why you have to take rankings with a grain of salt. Watch the visits and the offers if you want to know just how good a recruit is. 3* and a 3 or 4 big boys offers (think AJ Turner) are much much better than 4* and nobody really wants them in the end (think Stephen Davis Jr)
Offers will often change a ranking as well. Kid is a 3* from Wisconsin with offers from Alabama, Texas and USC? Obviously we underestimated his ability. Must be a 4 star.

These kids all have handlers, may be a parent, may be a 7 on 7 coach or someone else who push for these kids stars. A kids rankings is also based on what he does at all the camps, some of these guys may be camp warriors, great shuttle times, great 40 times and their feet look like pistons on the ladder drills, but can't play football worth a lick, but tearing up those drills get them 4*s. The best defensive player we have had in the last 20 years was a 2* with 1 NAIA offer, ended up being an AA, first round draft pick,multi year all pro and will enter his 13 season this fall. The analysis seem to fall in love with what a kid can do in a camp setting and ignore what he can actually do on a football field. Yes they are right lots of times, but they miss on lots of kids too, we had a 5* who looked the part, but he couldn't play football at all, was extremely stilff, but looked great getting off the bus.

But these rankings aren't the kids fault, of course they like being known as one of the nation's elite, but they aren't doing the rankings.

Alaina Coates
giphy.gif

The further you stray outside your recruiting foot print the less you really know about potential recruit's such as Nosovitch, Williams and McILwain

These kids all have handlers, may be a parent, may be a 7 on 7 coach or someone else who push for these kids stars. A kids rankings is also based on what he does at all the camps, some of these guys may be camp warriors, great shuttle times, great 40 times and their feet look like pistons on the ladder drills, but can't play football worth a lick, but tearing up those drills get them 4*s. The best defensive player we have had in the last 20 years was a 2* with 1 NAIA offer, ended up being an AA, first round draft pick,multi year all pro and will enter his 13 season this fall. The analysis seem to fall in love with what a kid can do in a camp setting and ignore what he can actually do on a football field. Yes they are right lots of times, but they miss on lots of kids too, we had a 5* who looked the part, but he couldn't play football at all, was extremely stilff, but looked great getting off the bus.

But these rankings aren't the kids fault, of course they like being known as one of the nation's elite, but they aren't doing the rankings.
Well, the best defensive player WE have had in the last 20 years was a 5* recruit #1 ranked in the country... oh and was drafted #1 overall and made the Pro- Bowl this year...

Reactions: jonesz21

Who is the D player you are referring to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT