ADVERTISEMENT

Buzz Williams said this about Frank Martin

Shucks I just noticed that is a link back to GC....lol.
Anyway that's some powerful stuff.

I’m not shocked at him saying that. I believe Frank Martin is a good guy and he’s respected in the Basketball community and among his players. Still that doesn’t make him a good Basketball coach at the University of South Carolina. I know we’ve won a couple big games here lately, and Franks reshuffled the lineup and we seem to be clicking. But does that change anything? Should I get behind Frank Martin “now, because he had a good week? I’m not rolling with that I’ve seen enough, and Frank Martin’s game is played out if you ask me, and I’m sure they’re other posters on here who feel the same way I do. Frank Martin needs to go and he can take his 42 percent SEC win total with him.

You know a guy's seat should be scorching hot when he has to receive testimonials every other week about how good a guy he is. I know our winning percentage and I know the behavior that I have seen. Nothing will get me on board until both of those things change. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am ready for a new coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: danh011
I’m not shocked at him saying that. I believe Frank Martin is a good guy and he’s respected in the Basketball community and among his players. Still that doesn’t make him a good Basketball coach at the University of South Carolina. I know we’ve won a couple big games here lately, and Franks reshuffled the lineup and we seem to be clicking. But does that change anything? Should I get behind Frank Martin “now, because he had a good week? I’m not rolling with that I’ve seen enough, and Frank Martin’s game is played out if you ask me, and I’m sure they’re other posters on here who feel the same way I do. Frank Martin needs to go and he can take his 42 percent SEC win total with him.
Coach Martin conference winning percentage in his first three years at South Carolina was 27%. From the 2015-16 season until this day his conference winning percentage is 56%. I think the 42% conference winning percentage that you posted may be a fact but in my opinion is misleading considering what Coach Martin inherited when arriving to South Carolina.

Looking at Coach McGuire's numbers since the exit from the ACC, South Carolina posted a 1-10 record against Marquette, 2-7 record against Norte Dame and 0-4 record versus Kentucky and missed the NCAA tournament six of his last seasons at South Carolina. My point is not to diminish Coach McGuire accomplishments at South Carolina, but to point out that one of the best coaches in basketball could not maintain success here and South Carolina can be a tough job.

We have finished 6 times in the top 4 of the SEC in almost 30yrs of being in the SEC. Frank has 3 of those 6 in the last 4 seasons. He's definitely not perfect but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. We just need a few breaks and somehow make the tourney this year.

Coach Martin conference winning percentage in his first three years at South Carolina was 27%. From the 2015-16 season until this day his conference winning percentage is 56%. I think the 42% conference winning percentage that you posted may be a fact but in my opinion is misleading considering what Coach Martin inherited when arriving to South Carolina.

Looking at Coach McGuire's numbers since the exit from the ACC, South Carolina posted a 1-10 record against Marquette, 2-7 record against Norte Dame and 0-4 record versus Kentucky and missed the NCAA tournament six of his last seasons at South Carolina. My point is not to diminish Coach McGuire accomplishments at South Carolina, but to point out that one of the best coaches in basketball could not maintain success here and South Carolina can be a tough job.
McGuire's program was at its peak at the time we left the ACC, an event that led to the downturn. This Frank is operating in the same competitive environment that he started out in.

Yeah. You can’t win at a school in South Carolina lmao lmao lmao
-Dabo Swinney

Yeah. You can’t win at a school in South Carolina lmao lmao lmao
-Dabo Swinney
Two baseball NCAA championships.

One women's basketball NCAA title and multiple SEC conference and tournament championships.

Coach Spurrier 33-6 rekord in a three year span and beating clemson five consecutive years along with a SEC Eastern division title.

One final four appearance for the men's basketball team.

last three years the women's soccer program has accomplished a Women's college cup appearance and just one goal away advancing to another Women's college cup to go along with a regular season and one SEC tournament championship.

Last two seasons the softball team has played in the super regionals and fell short of making it back to back super reginals

I would be foolish to think you can not win at South Carolina. The point I was trying to make is that Coach McGuire had some "mediocrity" results too and when it comes to men's basketball it is hard to sustain success.

Reactions: 0007cock

Good point. I'm happy about these two wins. Really, we should be 3-1 and tied for second in the league. But the emergence of Couisnard is about the best thing that's happened to us since 2017.

Actually ... we should be 12-5 right now.

Let the season play out.

One women's basketball NCAA title and multiple SEC conference and tournament championships.

Coach Spurrier 33-6 rekord in a three year span and beating clemson five consecutive years along with a SEC Eastern division title.

last three years the women's soccer program has accomplished a Women's college cup appearance and just one goal away advancing to another Women's college cup to go along with a regular season and one SEC tournament championship.

Last two seasons the softball team has played in the super regionals and fell short of making it back to back super reginals

I would be foolish to think you can not win at South Carolina. The point I was trying to make is that Coach McGuire had some "mediocrity" results too and when it comes to men's basketball it is hard to sustain success.
You forgot golf, tennis and beach volleyball.

Hard but not impossible. Even places like which state have been relevant. Florida didn’t win a conference football championship till spurrier. Just because you never did it is no excuse

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT