ADVERTISEMENT

Byrd getting lots of PT

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
Damiere is playing well with NE now- good for him! Got a ton of snaps week 1 but no catches. This week- buncha targets, made some nice plays, returning punts too... whoda thunk Byrd would be in the NFL longer than Ace Sanders? Surprising TBH- both were great here but Ace was a star!

How freaking good did both Cam and Russell look . Nobody in the NFL wanted Cam and he looks like his old MVP self . Amazing game
As much as I dislike $cam Newton, I don’t deny his abilities. He was suffering at Carolina behind that atrocious OL. NE can keep him upright more and he will do well.

Damiere is playing well with NE now- good for him! Got a ton of snaps week 1 but no catches. This week- buncha targets, made some nice plays, returning punts too... whoda thunk Byrd would be in the NFL longer than Ace Sanders? Surprising TBH- both were great here but Ace was a star!
Ace pulled himself out of the NFL. That said, Byrd has persevered! Very happy for him.

As much as I dislike $cam Newton, I don’t deny his abilities. He was suffering at Carolina behind that atrocious OL. NE can keep him upright more and he will do well.

Agreed . Not a big Cam fan either but I feel like the Panthers did him very dirty . They never fixed the OL or got him any playmakers and basically ran him into the ground. Very happy to see Cam being successful in NE and Carolina in the basement of the league . Karma

Same on all counts! And as the guy you quoted said wow- he looks good this year! He has to have one of the strongest arms in the NFL right now- he was throwing absolute bullets last night!

Reactions: 92Pony and Brace1
What I have seen of Cam is that he looks to be in the best shape of his career. I think he was too comfortable as a panther. I say this not as a Cam fan. He is too braggadocios for me. Only reason I watch NE is for Gilmore (and now Byrd). Stephon = Absolute stud!!!

What I have seen of Cam is that he looks to be in the best shape of his career. I think he was too comfortable as a panther. I say this not as a Cam fan. He is too braggadocios for me. Only reason I watch NE is for Gilmore (and now Byrd). Stephon = Absolute stud!!!

Me too . Tell ya what , Stephon had his hands full with DK Metcalf last night . That kid may be one of the best WR’s in the NFL in a few years . Fantastic game . Russell is just playing on another level right now . He’s probably gonna win the MVP this year

Reactions: SCexpat38
I think highly of Byrd and he played well, but the Patriots never seem to provide much to their QBs

As few weapons as the Patriots have, they actually give Cam a little more than he is used too. Cam led the Panthers to the Super Bowl with Jerrico Cotchery, Devin Funchess and Ted Ginn as his wideouts. Panthers had Olsen at TE, but that was it. They had a patched together OL and an old Jonathan Stewart at RB. Julian Edelman looked as good with Cam as he ever had with Tom Brady. They have good backs and OL so I think Cam will do very well. Hoody just needs to get that defense fixed and I am sure he will.

Byrd bails out Connor. This should have been a TD (Bryd had blown by everyone) but was almost a disastrous pick. One of Connor's few bad throws.

That was our night for sure!

Me too . Tell ya what , Stephon had his hands full with DK Metcalf last night . That kid may be one of the best WR’s in the NFL in a few years . Fantastic game . Russell is just playing on another level right now . He’s probably gonna win the MVP this year
Watching Metcalf and Gilmore go at each other reminded me of old school football. It was refreshing to see that no flag was thrown over the sideline squirmish.
Wilson has looked really, really good! Fun game to watch.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Here’s a list of QB’s that signed for more money this year than Cam
Andy Dalton, Chase Daniel , Blaine Gabbert , Marcus Mariota , Tyrod Taylor , Aj Mccaron , WOW !!! Bill B pulls off a highway robbery again

Watching Metcalf and Gilmore go at each other reminded me of old school football. It was refreshing to see that no flag was thrown over the sideline squirmish.
Wilson has looked really, really good! Fun game to watch.
The Golden Age of the Patriots is over. I can say that from a distance.

Yeah maybe- except they are in a division where the only other team with a pulse is BUFFALO. LMAO! It is no surprise NE is always in the playoffs... If Cam stays healthy they will make it again this year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Not a Pats fan but a Gamecocks fan. Really not a fan of NFL. Love watching Gamecocks play. I am watching some of the Raiders game tonight. Tuned in time to see 2 good plays by Bryan Edwards.

Just saying they have gone past their zenith.

Agree king but don’t be surprised if they find away to sneak back into contention . I think a healthy Cam gives them a better shot than than the current version of Brady , Bill B just finds a way . An injury to Mahomes or Lamar and the patriots are right back in the mix

ADVERTISEMENT