ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari just went Ape s#@t on the refs

Not watching but I will bet Sirmons is officiating. Long time mutual disrespect. Sirmons tossed Cal here in CLA in the first 5 minutes for nothing

Just watched not Sirmons, Jordan called the first T and walked away. Cal’s Staff did nothing, where is Brent Venables hold back guy when you need him? Then Jordan walked back to Cal just daring him.
Bad decisions by Cal, his staff and refs

Last edited:
Reactions: Expro19
Not watching but I will bet Sirmons is officiating. Long time mutual disrespect. Sirmons tossed Cal here in CLA in the first 5 minutes for nothing

Just watched not Sirmons, Jordan called the first T and walked away. Cal’s Staff did nothing, where is Brent Venables hold back guy when you need him? Then Jordan walked back to Cal just daring him.
Disagree; I think it was intentional. I think Calipari had told the staff to stay back if he decided to throw down. And it worked. I am fully ok with Martin or any other coach getting t’ed up by the dorks instead of just letting them prance around and breathlessly dash to the scorers table to tattle-err report the latest violation screw job.

The truth is that refs ruin basketball for me. There are too many fouls that are 100% subjective. A foul can be called on every play on either side of the ball and it makes each fan base go away from the game thinking “man those refs sucked” because nothing is clear cut, right or wrong! Every fan on either side thinks the foul was on the other team on every charge or blocking call for instance. Look at that charge from Lawson to close out the game last week... I think it was argued about in multiple threads here after the game. Nobody can agree on these fouls... Ticky tack hand checks- BS. Waste of time... obviously there are flagrants, tripping... some fouls on shots are clear (some are NOT).. Overall they need to substantially reduce the fouls called and set clear guidelines for what is and is not allowed because what it has devolved to now in pro and college basketball- AND FB- is ruining the game. At least FB can claim it is a player safety thing. Nobody tunes into games to watch the guys in the striped shirts.

I disagree. Anytime he has lost to us, he has been at his most sportsmanlike. I don't like the way he builds a program, but I like his demeanor towards opponents.

I wasn’t referring to his post game comments. I agree with you there. I was pointing to the fact that it’s rare he coaches more than 1/4 of the game in Columbia. It’s well documented.

I thought the ref was the worst of the bunch. He gives the first tech, walks away, then comes back to the situation to give the second tech. Completely avoidable. But nothing happens to poor officials.

I’d like to see them start interviewing the refs after the games when there’s controversy. Let’s hear them defend themselves.

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT