ADVERTISEMENT

Can Beamer coach?

Cool video... I miss the Spurrier days when we could go to practices! I used to go to as many as I could and write long reports on them here and at GGC... Those were the days! It just helped fans build an understanding of the program in a more intimate way- we got to see the players and coaches interact- like this- and you felt like you knew them. You could learn a lot about football just being there to see it all go down and hearing what the position coaches said to their players!

Reactions: TheReelEss
Honest question - If we get Beamer, which schools did we beat out? Because we know for sure other P5 schools were interested in Napier.
Again- this is the only job open. We are not beating anyone out for any candidate.

Who else is interested in Beamer according to rumos? Va Tech. The other school that may come open with intimate knowledge of his coaching abilities.

All of the above is true, I guess when you sears have for articles/lists etc, Beamer doesn’t have a lot run. I know a lot of people around here think a lot of him but what about elsewhere?
Five years ago Lincoln Riley was rumored to have “it” Do people outside of Columbia say the same thing about Beamer?

All of the above is true, I guess when you sears have for articles/lists etc, Beamer doesn’t have a lot run. I know a lot of people around here think a lot of him but what about elsewhere?
Five years ago Lincoln Riley was rumored to have “it” Do people outside of Columbia say the same thing about Beamer?
Yes- Riley does. Our former players who played for him do. Former coaches and admin that worked with him do as well. Will that translate to wins here? Who knows!

Again- this is the only job open. We are not beating anyone out for any candidate.

Who else is interested in Beamer according to rumos? Va Tech. The other school that may come open with intimate knowledge of his coaching abilities.
How about last year. Or the year before?

How about last year. Or the year before?
Rumors are he turned down more than one “other 5” like conf USA/Sunbelt level jobs because he was holding out for a bigger job... Obviously nobody is going to come out and publish a job offer that was unaccepted so anything along these lines is a rumor only... Just like the talk of our offers to Herman and Smart last time around...

There’s no way to know if he’s turned down jobs.
Correct- Rumors are he turned down more than one “other 5” like conf USA/Sunbelt level jobs because he was holding out for a bigger job... Obviously nobody is going to come out and publish a job offer that was unaccepted so anything along these lines is a rumor only... Just like the talk of our offers to Herman and Smart last time around...

And that is the crazy thing about this. Nobody knows. He has never been a head coach. And as we have seen many times, there are a lot of good assistants out there who were miserable failures at being a HC. But, it seems many are worried that we might lose a portion of the worst recruiting class in the league so we must hire someone that is available before the early signing date.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
And that is the crazy thing about this. Nobody knows. He has never been a head coach. And as we have seen many times, there are a lot of good assistants out there who were miserable failures at being a HC. But, it seems many are worried that we might lose a portion of the worst recruiting class in the league so we must hire someone that is available before the early signing date.
I agree with this last part We shouldn’t we worried about the timing. If one recruiting class is mediocre so be it. It likely will be anyway. Plus with the freedom of transfers it’s easier to fill holes.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
There have been plenty of examples of successful head coaches moving up to a higher level and failing too.. that is why people are worried we may be competing against schools like Texas, Va Tech and a few others this year if they fire their current head coaches who are not doing well enough in their jobs despite past successful HC/ coordinator experience. It is a risk no matter who we hire.

True, and frustrating. So both sides can just call out the other side as BS.
You have people saying we can't attract a more proven coach while at the same time telling us that a career position coach who has never been an OC, DC, or HC had other offers he just didn't accept them because he thinks our job is the best HC job in the country.

The BS doesn't get any thicker than that.

You have people saying we can't attract a more proven coach while at the same time telling us that a career position coach who has never been an OC, DC, or HC had other offers he just didn't accept them because he thinks our job is the best HC job in the country.

The BS doesn't get any thicker than that.
Talk about BS- literally nobody has said any of those things!

AND can he coach the coaches (something that a Head Coach must do)? The fact is that no one knows the answer to that as there is nothing to look at to answer that.

While the list is short, we aren't the only school with an opening at HC. We weren't even the first to have an opening.

If only they actually wanted him.
The scary part is that Virginia Tech has seen Beamer up close and personal. Their Athletic Director, Whit Babcock, was their AD when Shane Beamer coached there. With all the grief that Fuentes is getting, if Shane Beamer was Head Coaching material, Beamer would be packing fora move to Blacksburg TODAY.

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
People will say we're the only school with an opening while ignoring that he's never had interest in all the other years he has been a coach, not even as an OC or DC.

The propaganda on this site for Beamer is breathtaking. It is based on nothing but a hope and a prayer. The fact is we can do better...Napier or Freeze namely.

The propaganda on this site for Beamer is breathtaking. It is based on nothing but a hope and a prayer. The fact is we can do better...Napier or Freeze namely.
Well, yes. Assuming it is Beamer, I'll do like I did with Muschamp, whom I did not want to see hired here.I will try to convince myself he will get the job done here. What else can you do? Thankfully, it's just a game, a sport.

Honest question - If we get Beamer, which schools did we beat out? Because we know for sure other P5 schools were interested in Napier.

Being interested in and hiring are two different things. I posted a couple weeks ago I have seen Napier get out coached by Chadwell down the stretch this year in his home game vs Coastal. Unquestionably their most important conference opponent is Appalachian State and his record in 3+ years vs App State is 0 and 5....not a very robust record in his big games.

Napier better jump at a Power 5 offer if he can....but I can almost guarantee if we don't hire him this year, he will be back in Cajun Country next year. People with a Napier agenda would lead us to believe he is being hotly pursued by big schools....not the case. Not impressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT