ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone give cliff notes on basketball game?

Art__Vandelay

Apr 24, 2017
Upper West Side
Didn’t get a chance to watch much of the game. Followed along and saw Silva was off to a hot start but didn’t seem to do much in second half. Gravett seemed to do the opposite. How bout the young guys? Scoring looks pretty evenly distributed

Seems like a solid win over a good mid major

Didn’t get a chance to watch much of the game. Followed along and saw Silva was off to a hot start but didn’t seem to do much in second half. Gravett seemed to do the opposite. How bout the young guys? Scoring looks pretty evenly distributed

Defense and timely 3's were the key to the game. Minaya played pretty good D on a pro prospect. Booker, while not considered a young player since he's a grad transfer, provided some on-court leadership. Beatty is athletic & can score. Holden looked athletic as well, while Meyers appeared out of control with the ball at times.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I was actually impressed overall. Minaya is a good defender. Booker can shoot it. Silva is Silva. Beatty will be a player. We actually look more athletic to me than last year. Just not as seasoned. I think this team has potential.

Western Mich's point guard played a lot like JJ Frazier from UGA.. Very slippery and head 100% about where the ball was... I think he ended up with like 6 or 7 steals he would catch the young team off guard and just take the ball while watching F. Martin or setting up the offense.. He gave them fits..
UWM played very well gunning to play along side USC. Their depth ended up fouling out late un the game..
left right left right left right... sit down!!

Gravett took his time with his shots and ended like 3/3 in 3s.. Booker looks like Tony Parker.. Silva is getting better every year.. Only had 1 foul late in the 2nd.. Kotsar seemed to have trouble dribbling.. Haase is gonna be helping Kotsar.. Shooting overall wasnt terrible

Concerned over how many steals the Broncos had last night. I am happy with the steady play of Silva, Kotsar and Haase. Gravett and Booker looked good with shooting. South Carolina does have quite a few options from the bench. Should be able to gauge more on South Carolina when they play Temple in the next few weeks.

I was watching the Panthers game, but I did flip over at one point and right on cue we had a fast break and missed the layup.

Wonder why Doumbia didn't play but like a minute or so in mop up time? Wasn't he supposed to be the most heralded recruit from this most recent class?

Cliff notes.... We won...:D

I have not watched the replay yet, but from FM's post game and what others have mentioned...we have multiple people who can shoot (Booker, Beatty, Gravett, Haase, and Holden). FM made comments about Gravette being in foul trouble in the first half and challenging him to be better at leading the team offensively and defensively in the second half. He scored 13 points.

He also talked about the careless turnovers where WM players just took the ball out of our players hands and having to correct that. He also said that we were lax in our cutting mainly due to the first game and how it didn't take a lot to overwhelm the first opponent.

He stated that he didn't focus Alot on practicing offense because he was more concerned about defense....with them returning their whole starting five. He was happy about the team running the offense "on the fly" with little practice time.

Mentioned that Minaya has the potential to be very good with his length and how Haase has pickup the concepts rather quickly.

I'll know more when I watch the replay.

My take on the game. Very very similar to the games last year. Smothering defense that really ends up wearing out an opponent late in the game. Better shooters on the perimeter. Gravett much improved shooting from last year. Haasse very similar game to Kotsar, could be a good rebounder. Silva, very composed and didn't need to get into high gear last night. Minaya looks very athletic and was all over the court pretty much the whole game. Also, although he did some damage, the guard for WM will be a first round NBA guy, and we kept him from making too much of an impact on the outcome of the game. I am confident FM will continue to develop these guys, and I feel like they are weel ahead of last years team at this time.

We look like a team that could have 6 or 7 actual contributors... no doubt that Dozier and Thornwell will be missed but I think we are going to be better than the talking heads think. 20-22 wins IMO.

Sorry I don't know Cliff

Lots of guys we've never heard of played pretty well. That team we played is pretty good. Kotsar hit a few tough shots. Silva is warming up for a Beast Mode year. And Gravett hit all of his 3 Point attempts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT