ADVERTISEMENT

Can`t go to school, can`t go the movies, can`t eat out or go to the gym - but we can play football??

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
I love football, always have. But how can we have people telling us, for months, not to touch each other, shake hands, etc. How can we say it`s ok to get out there and tackle others, get all beat up, cut up, etc. - all part of the game, of course. Basketball too, for that matter. So they have all of the "necessary precautions" in place to do those things safely? Well, if that`t true then they should open up all of the above things fully, just utilize the same precautions. Seems the narrative changes depending on certain people`s or groups wishes/narratives. Could the bottom line be money? No way! The Power 5 conferences, NFL, NBA, MLB would be above risking the health and safety of individuals for money would they? Something tells me to crank up the "Money Talks" by AC/DC. As much as I want to see football, I think all of the sports should be cancelled and try again next year. That`s what all of the concert tours have done, conventions, etc., for the most part. 2020 should just be scratched and we should start over 1/1/21.

My gym is open and so are the restaurants here, as far as I know, the schools are planning to open too. The movie theaters are closed from what I hear (we don’t have one in town) so I guess your accuracy rate is 25%, making your argument pretty weak.

I love football, always have. But how can we have people telling us, for months, not to touch each other, shake hands, etc. How can we say it`s ok to get out there and tackle others, get all beat up, cut up, etc. - all part of the game, of course. Basketball too, for that matter. So they have all of the "necessary precautions" in place to do those things safely? Well, if that`t true then they should open up all of the above things fully, just utilize the same precautions. Seems the narrative changes depending on certain people`s or groups wishes/narratives. Could the bottom line be money? No way! The Power 5 conferences, NFL, NBA, MLB would be above risking the health and safety of individuals for money would they? Something tells me to crank up the "Money Talks" by AC/DC. As much as I want to see football, I think all of the sports should be cancelled and try again next year. That`s what all of the concert tours have done, conventions, etc., for the most part. 2020 should just be scratched and we should start over 1/1/21.
Aren't the theaters and gyms now open in S.C.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT