ADVERTISEMENT

Can't beat Furman, Presbyterian, and other garbage teams, BUT

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
We can win 1 of 3 vs Clempson, Arkansas, Florida, and blow LSU out of the park tonight. Seems like a team and coaching leadership and motivation issue.

Maybe we can't hit slow (crafty) pitching because our pitchers are being trained to throw 90+ and that's what we see in practice. Just a thought.

There are a ton of factors that affect whether a player hits well, coupled with putting a lineup together that can produce runs. Feet, stance, hips, shoulders, hands, head, eyes, stride, balance, follow through, finish, timing, etc, are all factors that can affect whether a hitter is successful. Putting hitters in the right order to help, set the tone, put pressure on a defense, and have the right hitters up when the opportunity to push across runs is there. All while keeping in mind, are we facing a lefty or righty, and how will the lineup affect my defense. Those are part of what makes baseball such a great sport.
Ultimately I think the most important factor for a hitter is confidence, and good pitching can reak havoc on a hitter’s confidence. Against Arkansas, for example, there were a ton of fly balls. Arkansas pitching kept the hitters off balance by mixing speeds while throwing strikes, and keeping the hitters guessing . Back to back performances like that can really make a hitter second guess themselves and lose confidence in their swing.
I guess the point I’m trying to make is, none of us know whether this team is so inconsistent at the plate because of mechanics, approach, poor coaching, or whether it is just going to take time for them to adjust the new coach’s hitting style, and Kingston will have em stroking the ball consistently soon. The sample size is too small right now. Last night was definitely a step in the right direction. Now we need to keep it rolling!

You can't change the mentality of kids in half a season. It takes time to get them to understand it's not can't...it's didn't. It's not "I can't bunt", it's "I didn't bunt." It's not "I can't put the ball in play", it's "I didn't put the ball in play."

Once they understand that they can do everything, then they will try like hell TO do everything, and they start having fun again...and a team that believes they can do anything, and is having fun, is the most dangerous team of all.

Reactions: rogue cock
Maybe we could acquiesce and acknowledge that we may have a decent pitching coach?

Also, I think we will get a hint of how well Kingston recruits this year and next. We will essentially replace our entire team next year. By default, every position player we sign will be a starter. With that in hand, we should have been able to land some good players. On the other hand, we will likely struggle again next year with little leadership, Although Cortes is a soph, he is eligible for draft if I recall. Maybe 7 position players gone?

Either way, hypotheticals aside, we will learn a lot when the players report in the fall. So far, based on current play and recruiting rankings, we are behind a good number of teams we compete with. But with that said, our highly rated classes under Holbrook did not turn out very well. Have to wait and see.

Good win last night.

Haven't kept up with it this year but the last 2-3 years before 2017-18
a lot of big time programs lost games to lesser opponents. Happened frequently. Again don't know about this year.

SEC Network Ben McDonald said the only thing this team lacks is confidence, plus getting some players back healthy they're a different team! LSU is a good fastball hitting team, Logan's changeup was on last night, baseball is a funny game, but it helps to have a plan!

There are several junior college teams in Florida that can give anybody in the SEC a run for the money. We have recruited a lot of these guys in the past. I am sure South Carolina and Georgia can say the same.

There are several junior college teams in Florida that can give anybody in the SEC a run for the money. We have recruited a lot of these guys in the past. I am sure South Carolina and Georgia can say the same.
At one time Spartanburg Methodist could have beaten anyone. They had one helluva program in the 70s and 80s.

We can win 1 of 3 vs Clempson, Arkansas, Florida, and blow LSU out of the park tonight. Seems like a team and coaching leadership and motivation issue.

It's baseball...

I believe we lost to PC in 2011 2-1 and lost to Francis Marion in 2012...

We're doing fine, if the season ended now, we would be seeded 7th.

http://www.secsports.com/clubhouse/baseball

We're not that bad, but at the same time we're not that great...

We're an average college baseball team... And that's good for a first year coach...

Reactions: rogue cock
Hey OP, want to buy a rock that keeps lions away? I've had it in my front yard my whole life and never seen a lion! One surely has to cause the other right?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT