ADVERTISEMENT

Cant figure out if there's a lot of very recent Gamecock fans on this site, or just people who love to be negative in general???

Don’t worry about it. I know you can’t prove that it has any impact or show any evidence of it actually existing.
Right, because this forum operates on an alternate reality where you can say the most negative thing possible without any repercussions. Keep drinking that tainted koolaid.

Right, because this forum operates on an alternate reality where you can say the most negative thing possible without any repercussions. Keep drinking that tainted koolaid.
1. It’s a free country. I’ve asked this before. Why shouldn’t people be able to complain on a college football message board?
2. Don’t you think that if negative comments on this board had any detrimental effect on recruiting, the moderators would stop them? You’re a ‘trust the coaches’ guy, don’t you trust GCC?

I'll go ahead and put you out of your misery. Your exact words were "TN only had one pass in the second half." That is WRONG WRONG WRONG. You also said "Not hard to defend the pass when the opponent doesn't throw it, is it?" Again WRONG WRONG WRONG. They tried to throw it, they just weren't successful. Defense was much better in the second half.

Three actual "passes", since you wanted to split hairs. Not ONE.
  • 1st & 10 at TENN 14​

(12:07 - 3rd) Hendon Hooker pass complete to Velus Jones Jr. for a loss of 1 yard to the Tenn 13
  • 1st & 10 at TENN 25​

(12:12 - 4th) Hendon Hooker pass complete to Cedric Tillman for 9 yds to the Tenn 34
  • 3rd & 14 at TENN 36​

(10:10 - 4th) Hendon Hooker pass incomplete to Jacob Warren

Also 3 pass plays that ended in sacks.

• 2nd & 11 at TENN 13​

(11:51 - 3rd) Hendon Hooker sacked by Carlins Platel for a loss of 6 yards to the Tenn 7
  • 3rd & 6 at TENN 44​

(5:04 - 3rd) Hendon Hooker sacked by Jaylan Foster for a loss of 4 yards to the Tenn 40
  • 1st & 10 at TENN 40​

(11:35 - 4th) Hendon Hooker sacked by Aaron Sterling for a loss of 5 yards to the Tenn 35
You sir are a bold face liar who just makes shit up. The official record by the athletic dept shows that TN took possession with 12:16 in the 3rd Qrt. First play was a screen pass for loss of a yard (hint:clock doesn't stop). 2nd play was a sack for loss of 6 (again clock doesn't stop) 3rd play was a run for 8 yards. 4th play was a punt. According to you all those plays took place in 9 seconds and then TN threw a pass with at the 12:07 mark WHEN WE HAD THE BALL. All of those are physical impossibilities. You are a fraud and a liar.

My bad, meant to say parents of recruits. Was thinking of fans making comments that parents called out.

I think you meant to say parents of players. Those are the instances that I have seen mentioned, and of course, don't speak to affecting recruiting.

Posters were claiming negative comments didn’t hurt. They either hurt, help or have no impact. Helping is the OPPOSITE of hurting. It’s not really that difficult of a concept. Well for some it is…

This is true, but no one has said negative comments help recruiting. So it was an odd combo to be brought up to be argued.

People said it had no impact. Implication was there

I don't think you used "implication" correctly. Not a single person said or implied negative posts help recruiting. The entire premise is that they have no impact, good or bad.

I really hope you know this and are just dragging out the debate for fun.

You sir are a bold face liar who just makes shit up. The official record by the athletic dept shows that TN took possession with 12:16 in the 3rd Qrt. First play was a screen pass for loss of a yard (hint:clock doesn't stop). 2nd play was a sack for loss of 6 (again clock doesn't stop) 3rd play was a run for 8 yards. 4th play was a punt. According to you all those plays took place in 9 seconds and then TN threw a pass with at the 12:07 mark WHEN WE HAD THE BALL. All of those are physical impossibilities. You are a fraud and a liar.
LOL. We DID NOT have the ball at the 12:07 mark in the 3rd quarter. Go to 1:11:00 in this video, Mr film expert. Tell me who has the ball.

I'll make it even easier, since you don't seem too capable. TN CLEARLY still had the ball at 12:07. NOT US. They threw a pass at 12:16 and the play ended around 12:07, when ESPN listed it. That was the first down play. Not sure what the hell you are even talking about "at the 12:07 mark WHEN WE HAD THE BALL". That is wrong, just like everything else you post. That was the end of the 1st down pass play. One of multiple pass plays in the second half, not ONE like you also incorrectly claimed. You literally get NOTHING correct.

Na8n_3.gif

Last edited:
I don't think you used "implication" correctly. Not a single person said or implied negative posts help recruiting. The entire premise is that they have no impact, good or bad.

I really hope you know this and are just dragging out the debate for fun.
Not implying I said it helped. Implying they said it had NO impact.

Not implying I said it helped. Implying they said it had NO impact.

Okay, this seems odd. They didn't imply it had no impact, they flat out said it. That's not "implying" at all.

And your response was to ask for instances that it helped recruiting. Which doesn't really make sense if you're now saying they implied/stated it had no impact.

You are really going around in circles on this one. And normally I love jumping in to this sort of thing, but i have to tell you this tangent is not working for you.

I'll make it simple.

Overwhelmingly insane unbalanced negativity will never help. If it does anything, it will hurt, and we have had a coach state that it does hurt. Positivity may or may not help, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt. Unless you are one of the butthurt nutjobs that want to fire coaches halfway into their first season of taking over a dumpster fire program that won 2 games last year because you don't feel like they win by enough.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I'll make it simple.

Overwhelmingly insane unbalanced negativity will never help. If it does anything, it will hurt, and we have had a coach state that it does hurt. Positivity may or may not help, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt. Unless you are one of the butthurt nutjobs that want to fire coaches halfway into their first season of taking over a dumpster fire program that won 2 games last year because you don't feel like they win by enough.

Hope this helps.

Not really. It states your opinion simply and accurately, but nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times.

Also, the coaches quote seems less convincing when multiple people (you included) are positive the topic was message boards only to later say it might have been twitter or vaguely "the internet".

Here’s the silver lining . The older generation of fans like myself that sat thru bad year after bad year and still forked out for tickets aren’t attending as much . We’re old and would rather drink beer on the couch and watch our flatscreens in the AC . The newer generations of fans grew up watching moderate success under Lou and Great success under SOS . The good news …. Those fans expect results and expect better than us old timers who just chalk it up to “Hell it’s Carolina football” When those fans quit attending games and quit throwing money into the gravy train things will change for the better. I think it’s a good thing .
Ohhhhhh, when I was in school our coach for the first two years was Marvin Bass. in my sophomore season he got beat by two teams who had the nations longest losing streaks till they played us.

our fans were singing “Hit the road Bass, your ass is grass. And don’t you come back no more, no more.”

just memories of a senile old man.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I think the right HBC is like these idiots will hire anyone, no experience needed. I’m gonna consider padding my retirement if Shane doesn’t work out….

Reactions: SOSUSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT