ADVERTISEMENT

Can't we agree that it was Skippy who choked at the end????

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
He had the win in his back pocket and played prevent defense with 44 seconds left and allowed us to march down the field and kick a FG to win it....

Sure glad Mike McGee broke his promises; if there was one to break....

Reactions: cocky4
I was not a fan of the Spurriers but even less of the Holtz clan. I hope this loss haunts him and that a pox is leveled on his career from today forward.

Given our success kicking, not a bad gamble. If not for the fantastic play by Edwards, probably a different story this morning. Trash Holtz all you want his team was well prepared and played that way.

How many times have we seen victory in the last minute under Holtz (Lou or Skippy) and watch it being pissed away at the end????

Holtz may have had a great game plan like he did against TAMmy, but I think Roper had more to do with that game plan than Holtz...

Not sure "marched" is what we did. On 2 separate occasions Bentley avoided being sack and was literally the sole reason we kept the drive alive. Then he hits Edwards in triple coverage. Holtz was getting pressure rushing 4, and did on that drive, as well. It was a critical win, just don't thk we picked them apart down the field the last drive. We had a QB scramble for like 25, and flung a ball deep down the field, where Skip's "prevent defense" had 3 guys in place and the better athlete made the play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT