ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina baseball head coaching candidates

ummm, I don't know, one would have to ask brad. He was pushed out of coaching at Clemson but stayed as a consultant or whatever that made up role is..come to think of it SOS stayed on a while after quiting also, so it's not unheard of.
Two completely different scenarios.

Not so sure that Brad moving to an off field role at Clemson wasn't what he needed to do to get his son moving up the staff ladder at Clemson. Brad went to the wall during Dabo's trial period and that was his payback. Brad also knew that his chances of being a head coach again were nil, so it worked out pretty well for him.

He was allowed to stay on to maximize his SC State Retirement Pension. We seem to forget that football coaches with the exorbitant salaries at state supported schools are state employees.

Nobody wants Monte Lee.

Gilmore deserves our attention if Tanner does not want the job.

Sucks, but I think President Pastides needs to get involved immediately.

Todd Interdonato, Wofford. A fiery coach who has won 30 or more games the last four years at a school that has only won 30 or more twice before in their 150 year history. Very few of the kids he wants to recruit can even get into Wofford and he only has 4-5 scholarships to work with.

For the millionth time, Gilmore is not coming here. He and Tanner do not get along.

So you are saying that we have a Director of Athletics who will not hire the 2 best candidates for OUR Baseball program, Coaches Tanner and Gilmore?

If that is the case, fire that bum.

So you are saying that we have a Director of Athletics who will not hire the 2 best candidates for OUR Baseball program, Coaches Tanner and Gilmore?

If that is the case, fire that bum.
You obviously don't know the backstory, or anything else about Tanner. Don't be so "rash."

Josh Holiday HEAD COACH Oklahoma ST

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Holliday

Title Head Coach
Team Oklahoma State
Conference Big 12
Record 168–75
Annual salary 450,000
Biographical details
Alma mater
Oklahoma State
Playing career
1996–1999
Oklahoma State
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2001–2003
Oklahoma State (asst.)
2004 NC State (asst.)
2005–2007 Georgia Tech (asst.)
2007–2009 Arizona State (asst.)
2010–2012 Vanderbilt (asst.)
2013–present Oklahoma State
Head coaching record
Overall
170–77
Tournaments Big 12: 7-8
NCAA: 12–8
Accomplishments and honors
Awards

Big 12 Coach of the Year (2014)
Josh Holliday (born September 14, 1976) is an American college baseball coach and former professional player in Minor League Baseball. Currently the head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys baseball team, he was hired to this position prior to the 2013 season.[1][2] In 2014, Holliday was the Big 12 Conference Baseball Coach of the Year as OSU claimed the conference regular season championship.

Before becoming head coach of the Cowboys, Holliday played college baseball for OSU while attending as a student. The Toronto Blue Jays drafted him in 1999, for whom he played two seasons in the minor leagues. He then returned to his alma mater as an assistant coach and subsequently coached as an assistant for NC State, Georgia Tech, Arizona State and Vanderbilt.

It's frustrating not seeing Ray Tanner's name on that list (unless I missed it while skimming). We already have the best college baseball coach in the country on the university payroll. Our coaching search should _start_ there with the president making danged sure Ray absolutely positively doesn't want to coach the team before we start looking a "next best" guy.

co-sign

I think we're beyond just replacing assistance coaches and if we did that and end up being better next year... it will show Chad isn't a good coach...

What, exactly, do these coaches assist people with?!

You obviously don't know the backstory, or anything else about Tanner. Don't be so "rash."

Backstory.

Good one.

If we have a Director of Athletics who is not putting the good of our Athletic programs FRONT and center, we have the wrong guy.

Let me put in something here as well concerning Gilmore. HE IS TO OLD!!!! He is in his sixties now and we dont want to be going down this road again in 6-7 years when he is ready to hang it up. We need young. Gilmore is great and was a great guy from the bit I got to know him while at Coastal, but he is not coming, we dont want him and its not happening. had he not won the National Title last year, no one would even be mentioning him here at all. I truly feel we have one more year of Holbrook and I think Esposito will be the sacrificial lamb in all this. If I had my choice though, I would want the guy from Louisville but I dont have a real say so I will just hang on and see what happens.

Reactions: 92Pony
Let me put in something here as well concerning Gilmore. HE IS TO OLD!!!! He is in his sixties now and we dont want to be going down this road again in 6-7 years when he is ready to hang it up. We need young. Gilmore is great and was a great guy from the bit I got to know him while at Coastal, but he is not coming, we dont want him and its not happening. had he not won the National Title last year, no one would even be mentioning him here at all. I truly feel we have one more year of Holbrook and I think Esposito will be the sacrificial lamb in all this. If I had my choice though, I would want the guy from Louisville but I dont have a real say so I will just hang on and see what happens.
But what advantage would there be to getting rid of Esposito? It would not be a difference maker.

Josh Holiday HEAD COACH Oklahoma ST

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Holliday

Title Head Coach
Team Oklahoma State
Conference Big 12
Record 168–75
Annual salary 450,000
Biographical details
Alma mater
Oklahoma State
Playing career
1996–1999
Oklahoma State
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2001–2003
Oklahoma State (asst.)
2004 NC State (asst.)
2005–2007 Georgia Tech (asst.)
2007–2009 Arizona State (asst.)
2010–2012 Vanderbilt (asst.)
2013–present Oklahoma State
Head coaching record
Overall
170–77
Tournaments Big 12: 7-8
NCAA: 12–8
Accomplishments and honors
Awards

Big 12 Coach of the Year (2014)
Josh Holliday (born September 14, 1976) is an American college baseball coach and former professional player in Minor League Baseball. Currently the head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys baseball team, he was hired to this position prior to the 2013 season.[1][2] In 2014, Holliday was the Big 12 Conference Baseball Coach of the Year as OSU claimed the conference regular season championship.

Before becoming head coach of the Cowboys, Holliday played college baseball for OSU while attending as a student. The Toronto Blue Jays drafted him in 1999, for whom he played two seasons in the minor leagues. He then returned to his alma mater as an assistant coach and subsequently coached as an assistant for NC State, Georgia Tech, Arizona State and Vanderbilt.
Would love to have him and I still think you have to make a run at him, but he is an alum of OSU and we can't win any kind of bidding war with OSU. With them, money is absolutely no issue.

But what advantage would there be to getting rid of Esposito? It would not be a difference maker.
I dont know if it would make a difference but someone will have to go and I dont see Meyers being the one to go. I just feel there will some type of change to at least slow down the charge of the mad masses and unfortunately for Esposito, I think it will be him. It may be though that he leaves for another job so he does not look like he is fired but I think he will go and Toman comes in. Just my $.02 worth but have been wrong before and may be wrong again.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Would love to have him and I still think you have to make a run at him, but he is an alum of OSU and we can't win any kind of bidding war with OSU. With them, money is absolutely no issue.

I haven't looked lately, but OSU was kind of down earlier this year. Of course I'd still take him over Chad

If a change happens, I would say HELL NO to O`Sullivan or Corbin. Both of those guys are Leggett clones and are jerks like Jackleg. Anybody can recruit at Florida.

Reactions: tl from little hell
I did not realize that Corbin from Vandy has family that either is from Columbia, SC or still lives in Columbia, and that his daughter graduated from USC. With those connections, how many of you would welcome him as head coach at USC? I don't particularly like him, and I don't think he would ever leave Vandy, but he is well-qualified having coached in the SEC, and won a NC. It would have to be easier to recruit at USC than Vandy unless Vandy eases their admission standards for athletes.

Gamecock personnel who have left and gone to Clemson have done better than any Clemson personnel that have come to USC, so having any coach from Clemson employed at USC has always bothered me.

I did not realize that Corbin from Vandy has family that either is from Columbia, SC or still lives in Columbia, and that his daughter graduated from USC. With those connections, how many of you would welcome him as head coach at USC? I don't particularly like him, and I don't think he would ever leave Vandy, but he is well-qualified having coached in the SEC, and won a NC. It would have to be easier to recruit at USC than Vandy unless Vandy eases their admission standards for athletes.

Gamecock personnel who have left and gone to Clemson have done better than any Clemson personnel that have come to USC, so having any coach from Clemson employed at USC has always bothered me.
Did he coach at Presbyterian? Know he was a Clemson assistant. He is a Leggett-clone: always coaches third base and has the facial hair rules.

Ray wanted to be AD.

Well, he got the job.

Time to act like one.

I'm telling you, guys and gals, Tanner thought the AD position was going to be a 'pie job' extraordinaire. However, two things were not factored into his equation - (1) the recruiting and staff meltdown in the football program and (2) he was confident that Chad would keep the trophies rolling in with the baseball team. Set back several years by #1 and just plain wrong on #2.

So, here we sit. hoping football will pick up where SOS's 4-year run left off (I think it will) and wondering what's gonna happen in baseball. Stay tuned.

This is incorrect. His wife is from Michigan. She married into the Blatt family and they had two daughters. They divorced, and she married Corbin. One of his step daughters attended USC.

Reactions: rogue cock
If a change happens, I would say HELL NO to O`Sullivan or Corbin. Both of those guys are Leggett clones and are jerks like Jackleg. Anybody can recruit at Florida.
They may well be jerks, but if they were coaching at USC they would be OUR jerks. I'd gladly take either of them. They are both proven winners.

I wonder if Tim Wallace of Spartanburg Methodist College's name has been mentioned .

A program the caliber of ours, pre-Holbrook, doesn't drop down to the level of a Spartanburg Methodist looking for a coach. Sorry. Just being realistic. A program the caliber of ours, pre-Holbrook, scours the nation to find the right man to lead our baseball program.

We're batting 11th in the SEC, we might need a hitting coach? But a good head coach would know that?

Wish some of you guys would set your sights a little higher when talking about a replacement for Holbrook! Forget the local ties, identify and go after the top candidates nationally, and don't tell me money is an issue.

Wish some of you guys would set your sights a little higher when talking about a replacement for Holbrook! Forget the local ties, identify and go after the top candidates nationally, and don't tell me money is an issue.

THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!

Reactions: Bosscock
It would have to be easier to recruit at USC than Vandy unless Vandy eases their admission standards for athletes.

This statement couldn't be more wrong. Vandy is rooking the system with money they can offer that public schools can't. That's why they are getting kids to turn down millions to go there. Oh yeah, it's also an outstanding education.
Tim Corbin is going nowhere!!

This statement couldn't be more wrong. Vandy is rooking the system with money they can offer that public schools can't. That's why they are getting kids to turn down millions to go there. Oh yeah, it's also an outstanding education.
Tim Corbin is going nowhere!!

This. Corbin & the Commies have it figured out with regards to how to lure top baseball prospects.

ADVERTISEMENT