ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Clemson prediction for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson will be fine on the Oline and receiving corp but it will be interesting to see how effective the running/screen game is and which TE steps up. Converting 3rd downs will be interesting

It all depends on QB for both teams. Clemson needs to have either Johnson, Cooper, or Brice be a clear cut starter early. If that happens, whoever is playing will be plenty experienced by the end of November. South Carolina needs to keep Bentley alive, somehow. Hopefully, for his sake, your offensive line is much improved next year. Having said that, Clemson SHOULD win with even average QB production in 2017. South Carolina is still 2-3 strong years of recruiting away from an across the board talent standpoint.

Somebody name one team that will have better receiving corps than SC next year...
23226d1429728310t-mage-update-3-2-350x700px-ll-82bfff63_not-sure-dog.jpeg

Reactions: TigerOnTheRidge
All Clemson needed to win it last year was to score 8 points. It wasn't the offensive firepower that won the game. It was the defensive pressure. Offensive firepower made it a rout rather than just a win.

They will have tha same front seven minus Carlos Watkins. We will be running for our lives. 2018 will be a different story.

Tough to say at this point.. Interested to see what the losses of Watson, Gallman, Williams, Boulware, etc. will mean for them. Interested to see how much we improve in the trenches. They are still in another stratosphere as far as talent and speed are concerned though.

If it were being played tomorrow I'd guess...
Clemson 42
Carolina 20

However I do think there is a decent chance we take 2 steps forward and they take 2 steps back. If that happens, we could make it interesting.

Reactions: BigTomE
Tough to say at this point.. Interested to see what the losses of Watson, Gallman, Williams, Boulware, etc. will mean for them. Interested to see how much we improve in the trenches. They are still in another stratosphere as far as talent and speed are concerned though.

If it were being played tomorrow I'd guess...
Clemson 42
Carolina 20

However I do think there is a decent chance we take 2 steps forward and they take 2 steps back. If that happens, we could make it interesting.
I think Clemson's offense takes a step back, but defense will be better I.M.O.

Reactions: BlindTiger and jon#
Somebody name one team that will have better receiving corps than SC next year...
Ummm....Clemson? They still have Cain, Renfrow, and just added 5* Tee Higgins. Just being real.

Sorry, but Debo better than Cain. I'll take our number 2-3 WR's over theirs as well. And SC will have the better pass catching TE. Not being a homer, just stating the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT