ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Clemson prediction for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the stats from Bentley are only valid when we played teams with awful defenses.... gotcha.

Where did you get that from? That is not what I said at all. My point is that the first 6 games of the season USC lacked production from the WR's partially due to QB play. 2 passing TD's in the first 6 games, so the coaches made the switch to Bentley. He came in midway through the season with no exoerience, so he was learning on the job. He was literally thrown into the frying pan.
The first half of the season we got very little production in the passing game and the second half of the season we played a true freshman learning on the job.
Clemson didn't have either of those issues. You can't compare the production of WR units without comparing QB's, or you're comparing apples to oranges.

Where did you get that from? That is not what I said at all. My point is that the first 6 games of the season USC lacked production from the WR's partially due to QB play. 2 passing TD's in the first 6 games, so the coaches made the switch to Bentley. He came in midway through the season with no exoerience, so he was learning on the job. He was literally thrown into the frying pan.
The first half of the season we got very little production in the passing game and the second half of the season we played a true freshman learning on the job.
Clemson didn't have either of those issues. You can't compare the production of WR units without comparing QB's, or you're comparing apples to oranges.

Tom, seems like folks have a hard time getting you to understand arguments. Thought it was only me.

Reactions: V1RUS
Tom, seems like folks have a hard time getting you to understand arguments. Thought it was only me.
I'm not arguing, but I really dislike when another poster makes reference to something I didn't say. I never said a word about only counting Bentley's stats vs certain teams. Perhaps you and eyelikechicken should reread my posts?

I stand by everything I've said. If you're going to compare WR units, then you have to compare QB situations. A great QB can make average WR's great, and poor QB play can make good WR's look terrible. Look at Tom Brady, arguably the greatest QB of all time, but he's never played with a HOF type WR on the team. He's made a damn fine career out of making average WR play at a higher level than they've ever played. On the other hand, we can all name at least a half dozen QB's in the NFL that have incredibly talented WR's, but they're not getting the job done.

I'm not arguing, but I really dislike when another poster makes reference to something I didn't say. I never said a word about only counting Bentley's stats vs certain teams. Perhaps you and eyelikechicken should reread my posts?

I stand by everything I've said. If you're going to compare WR units, then you have to compare QB situations. A great QB can make average WR's great, and poor QB play can make good WR's look terrible. Look at Tom Brady, arguably the greatest QB of all time, but he's never played with a HOF type WR on the team. He's made a damn fine career out of making average WR play at a higher level than they've ever played. On the other hand, we can all name at least a half dozen QB's in the NFL that have incredibly talented WR's, but they're not getting the job done.

wow, you still don't get it.

Couple things here, JW is not 5'9", more like 5'7", he won't be able to cover the 6'5" WR, but the guys 6' and under he will smother, he is a dang good player. I feel his best chance to get to the league is a 3rd down back and punt returner, not sure he has the top end speed for a kick returner. But he and his dad are set on him being a DB, its why he chose USC and what they expect him to play. But he is a player and will be an excellent return man in college and a nickle type back. Not sure he will be able to play that lock down CB because teams will just high point the ball to the big WR.

Clemson got all the credit for having a great D, which wasn't exactly true, defense was soft and don't want to take on a big bruising power back. Bama's big back ran through them like they were little girls until he broke his leg, the other back was about 30 lbs lighter and they stopped Bama. Last time we played them by the end of the game they weren't even trying to tackle Gurley or Chubb. But they will grab you by the balls when you are on the ground and rip at your rectum. What's really telling about it was their defensive team spokesman saying the do it all the time, games, practice, lockerroom, shower, riding down the road, its just what they do and apparently enjoy.

Couple things here, JW is not 5'9", more like 5'7", he won't be able to cover the 6'5" WR, but the guys 6' and under he will smother, he is a dang good player. I feel his best chance to get to the league is a 3rd down back and punt returner, not sure he has the top end speed for a kick returner. But he and his dad are set on him being a DB, its why he chose USC and what they expect him to play. But he is a player and will be an excellent return man in college and a nickle type back. Not sure he will be able to play that lock down CB because teams will just high point the ball to the big WR.

Clemson got all the credit for having a great D, which wasn't exactly true, defense was soft and don't want to take on a big bruising power back. Bama's big back ran through them like they were little girls until he broke his leg, the other back was about 30 lbs lighter and they stopped Bama. Last time we played them by the end of the game they weren't even trying to tackle Gurley or Chubb. But they will grab you by the balls when you are on the ground and rip at your rectum. What's really telling about it was their defensive team spokesman saying the do it all the time, games, practice, lockerroom, shower, riding down the road, its just what they do and apparently enjoy.

Ha, funny a dog fan coming over here to pump his chest and use clemson as the example. Soft? They would have beaten you by larger margin than we received. You will never win a natty there and deep in your heart you know it. Keep winning the recruiting championship like you have every year. The results speak for themselves. Two Sec Titles in 35 years with access to any recruit you want. Georgiaing, you stole the mantle from the inbreds with Clemsoning. Good luck with your sawed off Ray Gooooofffff lookalike.

So based on that, how can you say one WR Corp is better or worse than the other? What metric is actually available to use since the variable of the QB throwing the ball is voided out?

I do love a solid backhanded comment from leghumpers. Is there a bigger waste of talent CFB program in the country than georgia? Top 10 class after top 10 class and ZERO to show for it.

That big bruising back who had 2 big runs and was shutdown until that soft defense broke his leg? Dumb.

I don't know what game you were watching, but nether of those teams that took the field that night were "soft."

Thanks again for your smoking hot takes.

I do love a solid backhanded comment from leghumpers. Is there a bigger waste of talent CFB program in the country than georgia? Top 10 class after top 10 class and ZERO to show for it.

That big bruising back who had 2 big runs and was shutdown until that soft defense broke his leg? Dumb.

I don't know what game you were watching, but nether of those teams that took the field that night were "soft."

Careful... your orange is starting to bleed through.

So based on that, how can you say one WR Corp is better or worse than the other? What metric is actually available to use since the variable of the QB throwing the ball is voided out?

This conversation started by JT something another stating that Renfrow is a better WR than anyone on our roster, which I feel is a ridiculous statement. Deebo, Edwards, and Hurst all had better stats than Renfrow even though the QB play at USC was well below average. The USC WR's did more with less talent at QB.
Renfrow's stats were less than Deebo, Edwards, and Hurst even with much better QB play. Renfrow did less with more talent at QB.
How is that so hard to follow?

Reactions: rogue cock
Careful... your orange is starting to bleed through.

Yeah, acknowledging the two teams that played for the Natty aren't soft is definitely orange bleeding through.

This conversation started by JT something another stating that Renfrow is a better WR than anyone on our roster, which I feel is a ridiculous statement. Deebo, Edwards, and Hurst all had better stats than Renfrow even though the QB play at USC was well below average. The USC WR's did more with less talent at QB.
Renfrow's stats were less than Deebo, Edwards, and Hurst even with much better QB play. Renfrow did less with more talent at QB.

I was simply replying to what you were saying. Don't let some tater tot speaking in brash generalities get to you. It's stupid to say some slot receiver is better than our entire WR corp. That's comparing apples and oranges, IMO.

Reactions: BigTomE

I'm not an Alabama fan, or a Georgia fan for that matter, but in fairness Bo Scarbrough had 93 yards on 16 carries in 2 and a half quarters. He averaged 5.81 yards per carry before his 3rd quarter injury.

I'm not an Alabama fan, or a Georgia fan for that matter, but in fairness Bo Scarbrough had 93 yards on 16 carries in 2 and a half quarters. He averaged 5.81 yards per carry before his 3rd quarter injury.
Besides 2 big runs, he was almost a nonfactor. The biggest flaw of Bama was not having a QB who could complete a downfield pass. I think Bentley would have won that game if he was under center for bama.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Besides 2 big runs, he was almost a nonfactor. The biggest flaw of Bama was not having a QB who could complete a downfield pass. I think Bentley would have won that game if he was under center for bama.

Although that scenario is a non issue, what allowed you to come to that conclusion? Was it the effectiveness Bentley had against the Clemson defense a few months ago?

Wasn't backhanded, he was trying to get away from being groped, it sure wasn't because of that candy ass defense Clempson put on the field.

If Clempson wasn't soft, why was Scarbourh running at will against them and Clempson defenders where hoping to grab him from behind, ironic don't you think considering the games Clempson defense liked to play?

You being a Clempson fan, its no surprise you like things from the back. Enjoy it while it last, as always, anytime Clempson has enjoyed any success, probation always follows.

You're cherry picking whichever stats support your argument though. Why are you ignoring the TD statistic, where Renfrow has as many or more receiving TDs than all 4 USC players you listed? You're also ignoring that Renfrow missed 4 games due to injury, and the fact that he was the 6th most targeted receiver on the team. That's 5 other receivers getting more targets. Where do Deebo, Edwards, and Hurst rank in targets? 1, 2, and 3?

Last edited:
Wasn't backhanded, he was trying to get away from being groped, it sure wasn't because of that candy ass defense Clempson put on the field.

If Clempson wasn't soft, why was Scarbourh running at will against them and Clempson defenders where hoping to grab him from behind, ironic don't you think considering the games Clempson defense liked to play?

You being a Clempson fan, its no surprise you like things from the back. Enjoy it while it last, as always, anytime Clempson has enjoyed any success, probation always follows.
Salty Georgia fans are the best kind of Georgia fans. You'll get there one day, fella. I'm sure Kirby is the guy to take you to the promised land.

Tl:dr

Randy Moss

You're cherry picking whichever stats support your argument though. Why are you ignoring the TD statistic, where Renfrow has as many or more receiving TDs than all 4 USC players you listed? You're also ignoring that Renfrow missed 4 games due to injury, and the fact that he was the 6th most targeted receiver on the team. That's 5 other receivers getting more targets. Where do Deebo, Edwards, and Hurst rank in targets? 1, 2, and 3?

Again.... USC had exactly 2 receiving TD'S in the first 6 games due to horrendous QB play. 6 games is half the season. I'm not cherry picking stats, I'm pointing out the obvious. Even with poor QB play 2 of our WR's and our TE had more production than Renfrow.

Now run on over to taternet to report everything being said here. I swear yall act like 12 year old girls in the lunchroom.

17 years in the league and you were able to come up with one elite WR that he's played with, even though it was in the twilight of Ross' career.

Deion branch and Wes welker weren't bad but I was just responding to what you said "he's (Brady) never played with a HOF type receiver." Gronk, while not a receiver, is pretty good at catching the ball too.

You being a Clempson fan, its no surprise you like things from the back. Enjoy it while it last, as always, anytime Clempson has enjoyed
Scarbourh had 18 yards in the 2nd. Half on 4 carrys.doesn't seem like running at will to me.

Again.... USC had exactly 2 receiving TD'S in the first 6 games due to horrendous QB play. 6 games is half the season. I'm not cherry picking stats, I'm pointing out the obvious. Even with poor QB play 2 of our WR's and our TE had more production than Renfrow.

Now run on over to taternet to report everything being said here. I swear yall act like 12 year old girls in the lunchroom.
That's fine. The only thing we're disagreeing on is the definition of "production". You define it as yards and number of catches, and are ignoring that insignificant TD statistic. How does the "better QB" argument apply if they had more receptions and yards?

That's fine. The only thing we're disagreeing on is the definition of "production". You define it as yards and number of catches, and are ignoring that insignificant TD statistic. How does the "better QB" argument apply if they had more receptions and yards?

Pretty easy... Watson had a number of better options.
Anyone arguing that Renfrow is better than all of our WR's is nothing more than a tater "homer", so I'm done with this. It's getting a little ridiculous.

Pretty easy... Watson had a number of better options.
Anyone arguing that Renfrow is better than all of our WR's is nothing more than a tater "homer", so I'm done with this. It's getting a little ridiculous.
I'm not even arguing that he's better. I was just curious how it's so clear cut in your mind that he's not.

But you fail to see, hunter had much more talent around him taking his catches away. When we have 5 guys that can start, you will get less action. When y'all have 1 or 2 options, of course they will get more catches.

Reactions: dcollie
But you fail to see, hunter had much more talent around him taking his catches away. When we have 5 guys that can start, you will get less action. When y'all have 1 or 2 options, of course they will get more catches.

As I said to your tater buddy, we will see how great Renfrow is in about 7 months.

It really is amazing how many of you taters show up on threads like these and the majority are new members. It's pretty obvious that taters are lurking here, then notifying fellow taters on taternet, so that they show up here to defend all things Clemson. Very silly and immature.

As I said to your tater buddy, we will see how great Renfrow is in about 7 months.

It really is amazing how many of you taters show up on threads like these and the majority are new members. It's pretty obvious that taters are lurking here, then notifying fellow taters on taternet, so that they show up here to defend all things Clemson. Very silly and immature.
yeah, I've seen them do that on tigernet and I never participate in those, it's stupid. I just like talking sports and seeing both perspectives on things.

Ha, funny a dog fan coming over here to pump his chest and use clemson as the example. Soft? They would have beaten you by larger margin than we received. You will never win a natty there and deep in your heart you know it. Keep winning the recruiting championship like you have every year. The results speak for themselves. Two Sec Titles in 35 years with access to any recruit you want. Georgiaing, you stole the mantle from the inbreds with Clemsoning. Good luck with your sawed off Ray Gooooofffff lookalike.
keep being losing carolina. You can post all you want about georgias failures it is still not going to change the FACT that georgia owns carolina. We have won more bowl games than usc has played in . so please stop with your childish comments.

keep being losing carolina. You can post all you want about georgias failures it is still not going to change the FACT that georgia owns carolina. We have won more bowl games than usc has played in . so please stop with your childish comments.

Not childish comments, just facts. Yes you are better than us in the overall scheme of things. The difference is we don't and have not had access to the best talent in the country for 40 years. You have and have done NOTHING with it. Sorry the facts hurt, our record is nothing to get excited about, but we don't pump our chest out and PRETEND to be something we are not. That is Georgia football, Georgiaing for a lifetime. So now go run off to talk with your buddies about your new awesome recruiting class. It will end the same way, half arrested and the other half talent that does not pan out. Champs in February and losers in November, THAT IS GEORGIA FOOTBALL.

We like that dawg fan a helluva lot more than we like you Clemson fans. And if you aren't one, you sure as hell couldn't prove it by your posts.

We like that dawg fan a helluva lot more than we like you Clemson fans. And if you aren't one, you sure as hell couldn't prove it by your posts.

Wow I am hurt. What year did you graduate from The University of South Carolina Rogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT