ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Clemson prediction for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Jamyest start day 1? Do any other recruits make an immediate impact?

It's way too early to even guess, but I imagine Kinlaw will compete for a starting job at DT. Several of the DB's will provide immediate depth and a couple of them might have an opportunity to take away the starting job. But everything is just a guess at this point.

Ha, funny a dog fan coming over here to pump his chest and use clemson as the example. Soft? They would have beaten you by larger margin than we received. You will never win a natty there and deep in your heart you know it. Keep winning the recruiting championship like you have every year. The results speak for themselves. Two Sec Titles in 35 years with access to any recruit you want. Georgiaing, you stole the mantle from the inbreds with Clemsoning. Good luck with your sawed off Ray Gooooofffff lookalike.

So you are a fortune teller? And yeah, they are soft, Last time we played we made you quit, Watson was part of that team, you know it I know it and everyone else who saw the game knows it. I will say this about your little LB, if I saw him doing things to my teammates he was doing, I would do my best to end his career. Not only does he seem to enjoy grabbing other men's testicles and trying to insert his hand into their rectums he tried to choke the Lousiville QB. He's a dirty play and should be suspended.

We have never won a recruiting championship, been top 5 once time, this team was made up of mostly top 15 classes. Meanwhile like I posted, enjoy your little run of success and hope all the wins aren't voided when the NCAA comes calling, The only time Clemson has been worth a crap has always been followed by sanctions. You really expect people to believe thiese inner city kids want to spend 3-4 years in that dump of a town because of "family". A place where the locals wouldn't even give most of them a ride during a severe storm.

Clemson had a once in a decade player, next year you will return to being what you have been since FSU joined the confernce, their whipping boy. We win the SEC before Clemson wins the ACC again.

So you are a fortune teller? And yeah, they are soft, Last time we played we made you quit, Watson was part of that team, you know it I know it and everyone else who saw the game knows it. I will say this about your little LB, if I saw him doing things to my teammates he was doing, I would do my best to end his career. Not only does he seem to enjoy grabbing other men's testicles and trying to insert his hand into their rectums he tried to choke the Lousiville QB. He's a dirty play and should be suspended.

We have never won a recruiting championship, been top 5 once time, this team was made up of mostly top 15 classes. Meanwhile like I posted, enjoy your little run of success and hope all the wins aren't voided when the NCAA comes calling, The only time Clemson has been worth a crap has always been followed by sanctions. You really expect people to believe thiese inner city kids want to spend 3-4 years in that dump of a town because of "family". A place where the locals wouldn't even give most of them a ride during a severe storm.

Clemson had a once in a decade player, next year you will return to being what you have been since FSU joined the confernce, their whipping boy. We win the SEC before Clemson wins the ACC again.

@Heyward1 is a Gamecock fan.... you're definitely not the smartest Dawg fan I've seen. Granted, there aren't many smart ones out there.

@Heyward1 is a Gamecock fan.... you're definitely not the smartest Dawg fan I've seen. Granted, there aren't many smart ones out there.
Honestly, with as much as Heyward defends or acts as an apologist for Clemson, even I thought he was a Clemson fan. Some of his posts will make you wonder...and I typically don't disagree with a rival, even a dawg fan, who is attacking our main rival.

Reactions: eyelikechicken420

Just to be clear....you are making the claim that this year's Clemson team is soft, based on the first game of the year in 2014 in which Watson played very little, after Clemson just won the national championship, and after UGA lost to Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. Am I incorrect in any of your assertions so far? What do you suppose would have happened to UGA had they played that soft Clemson team in 2016?

Honestly, with as much as Heyward defends or acts as an apologist for Clemson, even I thought he was a Clemson fan. Some of his posts will make you wonder...and I typically don't disagree with a rival, even a dawg fan, who is attacking our main rival.

He's got his moments of being a little too harsh for sure, but the Dawg fan ITT is a complete idiot. I normally agree with 95% of the smack talk UGA fans say about Clempson, but this guy is just plain idiotic.

There are frustrating times for all us Gamecock fans when having to accept the taters are pretty good right now and Muschamp has his work cut out for him to get us back to their level.

Pffffftttttt hahaha Rogue you silly fool.

Reactions: rogue cock

UGA is hot garbage

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Honestly, it's too early to tell. It all starts with CEW and the OL, and consistent pressure from the DL. I would need 3-4 games to make a serious guess.....seriously, and no joke, can we beat UK (at home), or are they gonna 4-bomb us? I do think Jaymest will be yuuugge and bigly from day 1, and worth all the hype

Ummm....Clemson? They still have Cain, Renfrow, and just added 5* Tee Higgins. Just being real.

They are good players but we have really good receivers too. Im not directing this at you, BUT Im tired of the Clemson love. It's time we spit in their face and grow up.

We have one of the best tight ends in college football which will open up a lot for our other receivers and our QB is much better than he's getting credit for.

Sick sick sick and tired of the Clemson shit on here.

Clemson or their fans haven't given us 1 bit of credit, not even when we beat them 5 years in a row.
They've had a good run, now it's time to punch them in their Fn faces and man up!

What we put up from their coaches and fans is complete and total bullshit.

#manup

Reactions: rogue cock
They are good players but we have really good receivers too. Im not directing this at you, BUT Im tired of the Clemson love. It's time we spit in their face and grow up.

We have one of the best tight ends in college football which will open up a lot for our other receivers and our QB is much better than he's getting credit for.

Sick sick sick and tired of the Clemson shit on here.
I agree. Excellent talent. There is a reason Jake, Deebo, and Hurst are at media days.

Somebody name one team that will have better receiving corps than SC next year...
Top to bottom Clemson has more on their roster but I'll take our top 2 over their top 2. I also like our TE better. We will have a better QB throwing them the ball as well. Wish that was all that it took to win the game.

The biggest change that needs to happen is 1-85. Muschamp is working on that as hard as he can, but the taters are way out in front of us when it comes to the talent in the trenches and we know that's where you win because we did it 5 years straight. We are the taters of old right now.....meaning we have some nice skill talent and pretty damn good QB who will win us a bunch games against similar competition. They ran through most of their schedule until they played us and learned all about trench warfare.

We will get there, but it's rediculous to be a complete fanboy about the current situation of our programs. Muschamp is trying his best to get us there and I believe he can over time. Dabo didn't build what he's got overnight and Muschamp won't either.
The biggest thing Dabo did was go out and hire Brent Venables to run his defense. At the time we didn't realize how big of a hire that was. At Oklahoma his numbers weren't near as impressive as they have been at CU. As long as he is there their defense will be strong and they will recruit a lot of blue chip players on that side of the ball. Hopefully Bill Snyder will retire soon and Brent will go off to be a head coach.

I think Clempsen isn't as good without Watson. To me he made that team what it was offensively. They also had some losses on defense that could be telling. I think it's a closer game. Not sure who in hell wins.

Still, I'll never pick Clemson over Carolina.

I think Clempsen isn't as good without Watson. To me he made that team what it was offensively. They also had some losses on defense that could be telling. I think it's a closer game. Not sure who in hell wins.

Still, I'll never pick Clemson over Carolina.
Most games are Won at the Line of Scrimmage. Barring injury-Clemson has a decided advantage on both sides of the Line.

Clemson or their fans haven't given us 1 bit of credit, not even when we beat them 5 years in a row.
They've had a good run, now it's time to punch them in their Fn faces and man up!

What we put up from their coaches and fans is complete and total bullshit.

#manup

Hey man I just gave some credit

Hey man I just gave some credit

It's nothing against you personally, but in general Clemson people here expect us to be suppressed and treat them like royalty, and I for 1 am not going to give them that luxury. Quite honestly Im sick of it and their howdy damn dooty coach.

It's nothing against you personally, but in general Clemson people here expect us to be suppressed and treat them like royalty, and I for 1 am not going to give them that luxury. Quite honestly Im sick of it and their howdy damn dooty coach.

That's pretty stereotypical. I personally enjoy debating college football with many Carolina fans. Sure there are some outliers but we can still respect each other. I sincerely hope Carolina is better this year and I think Jake Bentley is solid. He just won't have enough help to accomplish what he wants/thinks

He looks shorter than 5'9" in literally every single picture I've seen of him. I hope he's a baller. He better be, because I think he's tiny, and every picture of him seems to bear that out.
My son is a student at Grayson. I've seen Jamyest many times....he isn't near 5'9" (I'd guess 2" shorter), but he can sure ball.

Tough to say at this point.. Interested to see what the losses of Watson, Gallman, Williams, Boulware, etc. will mean for them. Interested to see how much we improve in the trenches. They are still in another stratosphere as far as talent and speed are concerned though.

If it were being played tomorrow I'd guess...
Clemson 42
Carolina 20

However I do think there is a decent chance we take 2 steps forward and they take 2 steps back. If that happens, we could make it interesting.
I remember when we were naive to think we wouldn't miss a beat when Clowney, Taylor, Shaw and others left our program after the 2013 season. We had a 4 game drop off afterward.

I think Clemson's offense takes a step back, but defense will be better I.M.O.
I agree with part of what you said but I believe the defense lost too many key players (Tankersley, Wilkins, Boulware. etc...). Their DL may be just about as good, but the backfield will feel it.

We lost Watkins, not Wilkins, on the DL. Also lost Pagano. Still, our DL will actually be better this year as Wilkins moves back to DT and we get Bryant back healthy at DE. This DL is the scariest I've ever seen at Clemson. I agree the DB's need to step up but we're deep at LB and with a good push from the front 7 I think the DB's will be fine. Also, we got Venables back for another year.

Here is a major difference in the 2 programs right now. We bring in Jamyest Williams and expect him to start and be great. The taters bring in AJ Terrell the #1 DB in the nation and they don't think he sees the field this year.

We get blinded by what we bring in and forget to see what our rival and other teams brought in. We may be bringing in better talent from a few seasons past but our opponents continue to knock it out of the park with top talent. I say we lose this year 38-10 because the oline can not open holes for the RB's and Jake will be running for his life.

Here is a major difference in the 2 programs right now. We bring in Jamyest Williams and expect him to start and be great. The taters bring in AJ Terrell the #1 DB in the nation and they don't think he sees the field this year.
Also the #2 QB in the country... and another 5-star WR... and a handful of 4 star players... most of whom will red shirt.

Not childish comments, just facts. Yes you are better than us in the overall scheme of things. The difference is we don't and have not had access to the best talent in the country for 40 years. You have and have done NOTHING with it. Sorry the facts hurt, our record is nothing to get excited about, but we don't pump our chest out and PRETEND to be something we are not. That is Georgia football, Georgiaing for a lifetime. So now go run off to talk with your buddies about your new awesome recruiting class. It will end the same way, half arrested and the other half talent that does not pan out. Champs in February and losers in November, THAT IS GEORGIA FOOTBALL.
Some good points, but good recruiting is a hallmark of a good program. We have historically not been so great at it. When we recruited well, we were a better program.

Some good points, but good recruiting is a hallmark of a good program. We have historically not been so great at it. When we recruited well, we were a better program.
True!
Annndd when did we recruit well? When guys like Lattimore, Gilmore, Clowney, Jeffrey... were coming here UNDER SPURRIER- the guy who- according to our dumbshit fans- didn't recruit!! Some of the idiots around here... SMFH...

That said- we have recruited well since Muschamp arrived and the skill position talent on this offense rivals any team in the history of our program. Every offensive skill position has star power In the starting position and everyone except maybe QB has solid depth too... the OL returns a ton of experience gets a new look and a new coach who we know has a quality scheme, and gets back a guy who was supposed to be the most talented player on the line last year but didn't play. If this offense cannot score we will never have a good one! The defense should improve but we just don't have enough talent on the line. LB should be great at the starting spots, thin in depth and the secondary is spotty at best... not sure what to expect from this D honestly. The coaches are supposed to be best at coaching D but we will need new guys to step up!!

Renfrow caught 44 passes for 495 yards in 15 games last season.
Deebo Samuel caught 59 passes for 945 yards in 10 games last season.
Bryan Edwards caught 44 passes for 590 yards in 12 games last season.
Hayden Hurst caught 48 passes for 616 yards in 13 games. Even our TE had more receptions and yards than Renfrow.

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full. Renfrow broke his hand half way through the Auburn game and was out for 4.5 games and limited for 2 more. He essentially played 8 games...

Clearly, USC has some better athletes at the position. But better WRs? It's kind of apples and oranges. Renfrow shredded OSU and Bama's vaunted dbs. When Clemson needed a 1st down to keep a drive going or a reception to win the NC game, they went to Renfrow... again and again and again. And he was MONEY... EVERY TIME. How many balls has this dude dropped with a game on the line? I'll give you a hint... It's less than 1. I'm not sure how you get much better at the position.

Also the #2 QB in the country... and another 5-star WR... and a handful of 4 star players... most of whom will red shirt.
There's only 1 football in play at a time fellows. I think the fact that Clemson skunked OSU and beat Alabama last year even though they out recruit Clemson says that star rating isn't an exact science.

There's only 1 football in play at a time fellows. I think the fact that Clemson skunked OSU and beat Alabama last year even though they out recruit Clemson says that star rating isn't an exact science.

However, you are talking about two teams who happen to have a few more 5 & 4 stars than Clemson. The Tigers are loaded with 4 & 5 stars themselves. Of the 9 CFB playoff games (18 possible participants) played to date, those 3 teams have been 12 of the 18 participants. Those 3 teams have dominated the playoffs to date. Probably not representative of the rest of CF.

Our defense is being assaulted again big time but don't be shocked when they more than hold their own this year which will be the foundation of a great season. Yes, we lack talent but also have as good a bunch of defensive coaches as you will find anywhere. With another year to develop our players, I expect the "D" to surprise a few teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT