ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Clemson prediction for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, you are talking about two teams who happen to have a few more 5 & 4 stars than Clemson. The Tigers are loaded with 4 & 5 stars themselves. Of the 9 CFB playoff games (18 possible participants) played to date, those 3 teams have been 12 of the 18 participants. Those 3 teams have dominated the playoffs to date. Probably not representative of the rest of CF.
And how many 4 & 5 star recruits were on the Pittsburgh team?

Ummm....Clemson? They still have Cain, Renfrow, and just added 5* Tee Higgins. Just being real.
Disagree that they will be better than our guys, if you count the Tight end position as a receiver. Deebo is a stud, Edwards is better than average, Shi Smith will be unreal at the slot, a lot of other depth to throw in also. Granted, that is not to take anything away from the Clemson receivers, they are outstanding, but better is a big stretch, assuming the O line protects long enough for them to run their routes.

Disagree that they will be better than our guys, if you count the Tight end position as a receiver. Deebo is a stud, Edwards is better than average, Shi Smith will be unreal at the slot, a lot of other depth to throw in also. Granted, that is not to take anything away from the Clemson receivers, they are outstanding, but better is a big stretch, assuming the O line protects long enough for them to run their routes.
You might consider that Bentley had a raw QBR against Clemson of 2.7. If you can't score, you can't win. Clemson D will be better in 2017 than last year.
I'm sure Clemson has equally good receivers but IF QB is laying on ground the receivers don't matter. IMHO.

Bump after week 1?
Carolina's offense looked good early. The throw Bentley had rolling to his right was great

Jaymest has a lot of raw talent just as most freshmen still has lot to learn. as far as moore still looks like hasn't missed a year

Reactions: FLOtiger93
Moore has been his usual self, all over the field making plays. JW has been solid with the exception of a few freshman mistakes. He'll likely be starting at corner next season with the departure of King. Going to hate losing Moore next season but at least we will have BAW coming back for an extra season and with the way TJ Brunson and some of the young linebackers have come on we should be straight there. I think we are losing quite a few interior linemen in Stallworth, Jones, and Sawyer. Still, I think the defense will be even better next season. As a whole, the team will be better next season. We're having a decent season now and I fully expect to be contending for the East next season.

Predictions???

mUSChamp will be Carolina's coach and Dabo will be Clemson's coach...

The game will be played in Columbia to a sell out crowd...

One will wear orange the other black...

But the good guys will be the ones wearing the white hats...

I think the game being a home game helps a lot. It should be close either side. I'm cautiously optimistic that a Bentley led team can pull the upset.
R U kidding me! There will be about 8 pass interference calls, because the ACC will be the officials!

Reactions: 92Pony
It'll be inside ten points either way. If Clemson is careless with the football, the Gamecocks will win.

I really think the only way it will be within 10 is with a garbage time touchdown. The gamecock OL will need to play very, very well and they will absolutely have to force some takeaways

I remember when we were naive to think we wouldn't miss a beat when Clowney, Taylor, Shaw and others left our program after the 2013 season. We had a 4 game drop off afterward.
That's when our arrogant, egotistical HOF coach quit working and stayed on the job REALLY believing recruits would come to HIM because of his name!. Turned our program (HIS choice - not ours) over to his unpopular son and watched us sink backwards where we'd have to start completely over rebuilding! We wouldn't have "missed a beat" had he left us when he really quit & left our program on solid ground! UGH! Makes my blood boil!

Reactions: Scuba_do
I have confindence that Fenton can hold his own against the Clemson WRs. Not so much for King if he is matched up on Cain. It will come down to Clemson D line vs. our O-Line. Can we run the ball/give Jake time to throw. We will see. Don't see it being anywhere close to 56-7.

It's getting closer...
The close lose to UGA doesn't look so good now. I think the Carolina D will do okay against Clemson's offense but Roper and the gang may not score an offensive TD.

Reactions: Scuba_do
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT