ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Fans..Its our turn NOW!!!!

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
If we want this team to win and get to the NCAA, it starts this Saturday at 1:00. I will be there. If you have tickets, GO. If you dont, get them and GO! When there be as loud as ever the WHOLE time. Sometimes it takes a little push and encouragement from the fans to help teams that seem to be down, to get right again. Make it as hard as possible on Tennessee this Saturday. We cant expect the team to put forth effort if the fans dont. Whether you like Frank Martin or not, he has us close to the NCAA right now. He needs our help as well. Let's do our part Saturday for these guys, especially Sin and Notice and McKie as it is their last 2 games at home. They stuck with it for 4 years to get us 20 wins in back to back seasons, lets be there for them and be loud.

With all due respect, crowd noise is far less important to this team right now than free throw shooting, 3 point shooting, solid defense, and intelligent coaching decisions.

With all due respect, crowd noise is far less important to this team right now than free throw shooting, 3 point shooting, solid defense, and intelligent coaching decisions.
I'd argue that shooting is a product of confidence and these guy could use a shot of that from the fans right now. Don't underestimate the power of confidence and the ability of a rowdy crowd to help instill that.

OP is spot on...This is the time when great fans do their part...Make that place as hostile as possible for the Viles...Obviously the team has to win the game...But let's all do what we can do

I'd argue that shooting is a product of confidence and these guy could use a shot of that from the fans right now. Don't underestimate the power of confidence and the ability of a rowdy crowd to help instill that.
The fans have been there. It's not the crowd that's been the problem.

You are right about that...The confidence to shoot does not necessarily come from the crowd...The confidence of consistent shooters comes from knowing you have put in the work jacking up 100s of shots each day...Great shooters stroke the ball in rhythm...That rhythm is developed and maintained by putting in the work each day...

Confidence also comes from knowing someone has your back. If they feel the fan support then they may be a step quicker or defend a little harder. Crowds CAN energize you. No it doesnt make a ball go in the hoop but it DOES energize you and push you a little more. If they know we are there, that can only help, it sure cant hurt. let's stop making excuses for ourselves and saying its the teams fault and say we have done all we can. many games there are TONS of extra seats available. I think only 3 have had very full upper deck. If we can fill it the last 2 games and be loud, there is no way it can hurt.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember some opposing players in the past few years talking post-game about how loud it was in CLA and that they were glad to graduate and never have to have to play here again. I'll guarantee the noise affected those players.

Go! Make noise! Get free chicken sandwiches!

Shannon
USC '88

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT