ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina has roughly 4-5 years to try to win SEc

Agree. Some people are not being realistic, and just don't get it. OU and Texas will bring more MONEY to the SEC. That's what its all about. Sad but true. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are foolish. NCAA is all about the money.

Bringing OU and UT into there SEC is nothing more than for financial reasons, and it will absolutely hinder our chances of ever getting a championship.

Think about it. Would Clemson have as many ACC championships if they had to play OU, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, TAMU, LSU, on a weekly basis? Please. NO WAY.

But USC is going to somehow now rise to the Spurrier days and challenge this gauntlet of competition? Some people are either ignorant or have their head in the sand. This is not good for USC for championships.
this changes nothing, period. we will have one more tough game a year pretty much but it should help our recruiting on the atlantic seaboard. we may never win it but it wont be because of this

OU and Texas joining the SEC guarantees we won’t ever win a football championship. The time is now!
Is not the wise thing to do is to first wait and see how Shane Beamer does as a "game day" coach? It's hard to be displeased with his recruiting, thus far. If he turns out to be a "game day" coach like Spurrier or Frank Beamer. we will have a very strong recruiter who can also do the "X's and O's" with the best of them. Then the program will be in great hands for the next couple of decades. That will be the equivalent of Jed Clampett striking oil (worth about a half billion in today's dollars).

Spurrier proved you can win big in football at South Carolina, finishing in the Top 10 three years in a row, including number 4 in the nation. We won national championships in baseball and women's basketball, in one of the very toughest, if not toughest conference in the nation, in those sports. Beamer has coached under a "Who's Who" in college football: Steve Spurrier, Frank Beamer, George O'Leary, Phil Fulmer, Kirby Smart and Lincoln Riley. I, for one, want to take a "wait and see" approach.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
We finished 2012 at #3....I dont think enough of our fans let that sink in. The right coaching can get us back.

We finished 2012 at #3....I dont think enough of our fans let that sink in. The right coaching can get us back.
Spurrier was burned out after the 2013 season and ready to retire. And that's understandable, as he was in his late 60s, after all. BUT, then we go ahead and make, arguably, the most inexplicable and disastrous hire in the history of Gamecock football.

Didn't realize but in the last 20 years Michigan has only beaten Ohio State 3 times yet still has a 7 win lead in the overall series...

SEC Shorts covers the recent history of Michigan and Ohio State, Michigan part starts at 2:36, "Letter of the Day"

Spurrier was burned out after the 2013 season and ready to retire. And that's understandable, as he was in his late 60s, after all. BUT, then we go ahead and make, arguably, the most inexplicable and disastrous hire in the history of Gamecock football.
I think Sparky Woods would be in the running too. He had a worse winning percentage than WM with both being here 5 years...The expectations had risen after Spurrier so I think WM is more reviled due to success we had tasted.

One of the best teams in the history of Carolina football playing under the best coach we've ever had got completely destroyed in the sole SEC championship game that we played in. There's no doubt that 3-year stretch of double-digit win seasons was fantastic but realistically we'll never see a run like that ever again.

Why is it that so many are deathly afraid of OU and Texas? Up our game to where it should be and things will take care of themselves. Even Bama loses sometimes and Texas and OU are no different. If we don't recruit better, and play better, then we would have never won the SEC anyway, so at least we get the extra Benjamins.
Exactly, UT hasn't won the Big XII in years and OU has never made it to the playoff semi finals.

OU and Texas joining the SEC guarantees we won’t ever win a football championship. The time is now!

Winning the SEC has always been tough. The University Of SC has not had a powder puff schedule since our independence. Even then we played some might good teams. I noticed that Auburn is still fielding a team. Wonder if they think they will never win another one. Personally, I am going to sit back and enjoy the games. Think about Texas coming to Columbia to play. I think Sarcasion is another Muschamp. He not a good head coach. He could not win at So Cal. I don’t think they will return to a powerhouse like years ago. Oklahoma is a good team. both newcomers every four years.

I was not in favor of our new hire. I thought we could have cleaned house with some other hot, young coach. But, I have changed my mind. I think Beamer needs a chance. He strikes me as a hands off guy who will allow his Coordinators freedom to coach. This coming season will tell a lot. This team has less “ base” talent than last years team. and a bunch of newcomers the football world thinks are not good enough to be successful in the SEC. you can see where they predict our finish.

ADVERTISEMENT