ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina - Mizzou Game Thread

This was pathetic. I really wish we could ask satterfield and the OLine coach to their faces why they're so bad, while simultaneously showing replays the messed up plays in front of the coaches so they can see it like we do.

Reactions: importcock
I have to admit it was a bit comical to see Coach Drinkwitz with that smirk on his face knowing he finally out coached somebody. I bet he was thinking....."Damn we won one!"

Satterfield has no clue how to take advantage of a momentum play or penalty. We get the ball moved to our 48 from our 3. We run a stupid delayed handoff that hasn't worked all night long.

I know pretty much nothing about football, but I know when it's time to try to bury somebody and a series of plays that can do it... based on what has worked so far in game.
I miss the spurrier days when you get a turnover and short field then you take a shot at the endzone

Last edited:
Scoring as many or more points in the last quarter that we scored in the entire game leading up to it, just to lose by 3 points is such a South Carolina Gamecock thing to do.....

We were trying to stop the run with a four-man line and five count them five people 5 yards off the ball. Easiest formation for gashing there is.
You have two defensive backs tied up with receivers, and you have four down lineman, and your other five men are 5 yards to 6 yards off the ball. Insane. Worst part is that was a defense scheme we used the entire 4 1/2 minutes

This should be a red rectum ringer stinger for our coaches & players.

Miserable, inexcusable effort & execution.

Two more to go.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: kidrobinski

Two more to go.

Go Cocks!
Yessir. If there’s not some soul searching, mirror looking, commitment making done this week, top to bottom, then….hell I don’t even know what.

Satterfield should be let go immediately. NOW is too long. Let Kimrey or someone else call the plays. Enough of that crap; we hardly have a friggin fighting chance.

Dont know who would handle oline or I’d say jettison him also.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Yessir. If there’s not some soul searching, mirror looking, commitment making done this week, top to bottom, then….hell I don’t even know what.

Satterfield should be let go immediately. NOW is too long. Let Kimrey or someone else call the plays. Enough of that crap; we hardly have a friggin fighting chance.

Agree on Satterfield. And there is at least one person assisting the Oline coach. I would have him take over. It could not get any worse for the ol.

Can the oline be any worse with whoever else??

Pretty much. What benefit is there to hanging onto Satterfield for the last 2 games? We never even seriously tried to attack their greatest defensive weakness. Fire. Him. Tonight.

This is a long building job. Assistant coaches will come and go and hopefully players will improve. It will be five years before we are competitive.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021

Tonight, our D coordinator called the worst schemes I've ever seen. You knew what was coming. It was like the Muschamp years (and UT game this year) when our DBs would lay off receivers 12-15 yards. The other team would 10 yard us to death all the way down the field. We would run that the whole game.

Tonight, we knew they were going to run the ball, had to stop them, and we played a 4 man front with LBs and safeties back like they were playing prevent. Amazing stuff.

This is a long building job. Assistant coaches will come and go and hopefully players will improve. It will be five years before we are competitive.
Unless he shows some progress, I don't think Beamer has 5 years. His supporter is no longer around. I would guess he has three to show good improvement. Doubt Tanner will make a move since he only has two years left, but a new AD could be looking to make his mark.

Two more to go.

Go Cocks!
Worst part is..............I said yesterday Mizzou was one of the worst teams I've seen this year. Doesn't bode well for us. I jinxed us.

"Don't worry about those plays with 4 defensive lineman against five offensive linemen where the D lineman went through untouched, Coach. Wins and losses aren't what matters in college football. Well get them next time."
Everybody gets a trophy

I reconsidered my position on Brown's spinning. He should never be in that position in the first place; his job isn't to outrun defensive lineman who have been unblocked and are running straight at him, his job is to throw the football. His spin may be a little telegraphed but it's got him out of pressure a few times and it's the only thing he has to keep himself from getting absolutely destroyed back there
Or he could try stepping up in the pocket like most QB's.

Reactions: GarnetBlood80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT