ADVERTISEMENT

CBS has SC ranked #6 in College Sports

Well, think about it- bowl team in FB, baseball missed the dance but had a winning record and pretty much every team beyond those two did big things! Basketball we hand men in the FF, women won it ALL... volleyball, golf, softball... all did well! Not surprising that we would be so highly ranked I guess!

A real compliment to the man running the athletics show if you ask me- Ray Tanner is doing a phenominal job! Idiots judge an AD based off their coaching hires/fires. The job is so much more than that!

Reactions: atl-cock
Well, think about it- bowl team in FB, baseball missed the dance but had a winning record and pretty much every team beyond those two did big things! Basketball we hand men in the FF, women won it ALL... volleyball, golf, softball... all did well! Not surprising that we would be so highly ranked I guess!

A real compliment to the man running the athletics show if you ask me- Ray Tanner is doing a phenominal job! Idiots judge an AD based off their coaching hires/fires. The job is so much more than that!
We should judge them based on what? Height?

Pretty impressive for us. Impressive also to see West Virginia there as well given the resources they have.

Dr.-Who.gif

Even when there is some really good news. Some still wallow in self pity.

This is great and I really think it eventually feeds into the success of all the programs. Football is the most important to me but I am proud of any of our Gamecock athletes that are successful at the highest level.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Football has to come on. Men's basketball has to remain strong. If you aren't outstanding in one or both of those areas, the profile suffers.

Reactions: 67gamecock
We should judge them based on what? Height?
On the production of the teams in the department that they manage. Just like any other head of any department in any business in the world. Managers are judged not just by the quality of their hires but by the production of the people/ teams they are over. An AD whose athletics teams are winning, and making runs at championships... is doing a great job! Facilities improvements is another facet to judge them by, and while much was started before he got hired, Tanner has overseen some dramatic transformations and has more in store...

Like I said- IDIOTS judge them off their coaching hires alone...

On the production of the teams in the department that they manage. Just like any other head of any department in any business in the world. Managers are judged not just by the quality of their hires but by the production of the people/ teams they are over. An AD whose athletics teams are winning, and making runs at championships... is doing a great job! Facilities improvements is another facet to judge them by, and while much was started before he got hired, Tanner has overseen some dramatic transformations and has more in store...

Like I said- IDIOTS judge them off their coaching hires alone...

I love the liberal use of idiot on this board.

Okay, winning and championships. Women's basketball. Yes, that's a resounding thumbs up. He didn't screw it up.

Men's basketball. Four years of mediocre basketball and one great year but no championship. So, half true.

Football. Fail and fail. No winning and no championships. The Spurrier debacle in the middle of season. Fail. Losing to the Citadel because you let SE be coach after talking to the players. Fail. Muschamp hire - I'll be nice and say it was an ugly and amateurish process but we'll see how it goes. Meanwhile, Clemson, the team we were beating like a mule when Tanner was hired, just won a national championship and is killing it in recruiting. Yeah, that's definitely a transformation change from when he got hired.

Next, baseball: Fail and fail. After three national championship runs, he hires a bum that was recently fired after five years of mediocrity and losing to Clemson. Yes, best in the country to second best (at best) in state. He then runs out and hires a guy that has never won a championship as a coach. Actually, he has never come in better than third in his conference as a coach. But again, we'll see how it goes. A heard a lot of people say this guy is good. Nevertheless, we're starting over after no winning and no championships.

Maybe you're into women's golf. I hear we're good. I don't know.

As for facilities, we're behind out instate rival and our conference competition. So...

I love the liberal use of idiot on this board.

Okay, winning and championships. Women's basketball. Yes, that's a resounding thumbs up. He didn't screw it up.

Men's basketball. Four years of mediocre basketball and one great year but no championship. So, half true.

Football. Fail and fail. No winning and no championships. The Spurrier debacle in the middle of season. Fail. Losing to the Citadel because you let SE be coach after talking to the players. Fail. Muschamp hire - I'll be nice and say it was an ugly and amateurish process but we'll see how it goes. Meanwhile, Clemson, the team we were beating like a mule when Tanner was hired, just won a national championship and is killing it in recruiting. Yeah, that's definitely a transformation change from when he got hired.

Next, baseball: Fail and fail. After three national championship runs, he hires a bum that was recently fired after five years of mediocrity and losing to Clemson. Yes, best in the country to second best (at best) in state. He then runs out and hires a guy that has never won a championship as a coach. Actually, he has never come in better than third in his conference as a coach. But again, we'll see how it goes. A heard a lot of people say this guy is good. Nevertheless, we're starting over after no winning and no championships.

Maybe you're into women's golf. I hear we're good. I don't know.

As for facilities, we're behind out instate rival and our conference competition. So...
giphy.gif

How do some of yall not die of a heart attack. Just except the good news.

giphy.gif

How do some of yall not die of a heart attack. Just except the good news.
Cool. Can the good news eventually include us beating Clemson in anything, ever?

But I hear you. I'm sure that CBS trophy will look good in the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT