ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Bowl Selection kinda sucks

lowcountry_cock13

Oct 12, 2017
I like the teams in, but it does suck that UGA and Oklahoma are in the Rose Bowl. That’s such a distance for each team. Bowl games should be equal distance of the both teams or at least in a favorable area. Neither teams are close to the Rose Bowl. I’m aware there are contracts but the CFP Bowls location should be determined after you have the teams in place. Bama and Clemson should play in Orange Bowl and UGA and Oklahoma should play in Sugar so at least the non-uber rich fans can at least attempt to go see their teams.

I like the teams in, but it does suck that UGA and Oklahoma are in the Rose Bowl. That’s such a distance for each team. Bowl games should be equal distance of the both teams or at least in a favorable area. Neither teams are close to the Rose Bowl. I’m aware there are contracts but the CFP Bowls location should be determined after you have the teams in place. Bama and Clemson should play in Orange Bowl and UGA and Oklahoma should play in Sugar so at least the non-uber rich fans can at least attempt to go see their teams.
It was stupid for bama and tatters tongo to Phoenix and Tampa with ATL in their backyard. That’s the ncaa for you. It’s all about the $$

Reactions: Cybercock
just be glad your in, you win you coming home to Atlanta whether your Alabama Clemson or Georgia, practically in your own back yard. Oklahoma not a bad distance either.

I have a friend of mine who paid $6K to go to Phoenix last year. This was his plane ticket, game ticket, and hotel.

College athletics is big business now. Folks not affiliated with either school buy tickets to sell or just attend the EVENT. Bring a little family supporting the team is history for big CFP bowls. New world order...ESPN!

You would have 4 possible Bowl sites and you pick the two that works best for the teams matched up. Done.

They are 6 possible bowl sites and they rotate. Since the higher seeded team is supposed to have the advantage of location that means Pasadena and Tempe would get left out a lot. The PAC-12 has only produced a top 2 seed once in 4 years.

btw, what's wrong with going to the Rose Bowl? That's once in a lifetime experience for most fan bases outside of the Big Ten and Pac 12.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
You would have 4 possible Bowl sites and you pick the two that works best for the teams matched up. Done.
No way that works, especially when the national championship game site rotates. One month isn't enough time to do anything. Take halftime entertainment, for example. No band or pop star will schedule a tentative performance under those circumstances. Let's say you figure that out, there's 100 other logistics nightmares to deal with.

Reactions: Sulayman
They are 6 possible bowl sites and they rotate. Since the higher seeded team is supposed to have the advantage of location that means Pasadena and Tempe would get left out a lot. The PAC-12 has only produced a top 2 seed once in 4 years.

btw, what's wrong with going to the Rose Bowl? That's once in a lifetime experience for most fan bases outside of the Big Ten and Pac 12.
The logistics are terrible, I’m just saying it sucks that a team from UGA and Oklahoma are playing in California when the average fan would never be able to afford to attend that.

I have a friend of mine who paid $6K to go to Phoenix last year. This was his plane ticket, game ticket, and hotel.
This is my whole point. Don’t know about you but $6k is not just laying around for most people. But I’m aware it’s buissness and money.

Planning for these events happens way before the teams are selected or before anybody even has a clue who the teams might be.

It's that way in all sports. I mean why did we play a NC series against Florida in Nebraska. The Super Bowl could be on the West Coast and have 2 teams in the NE playing

The logistics are terrible, I’m just saying it sucks that a team from UGA and Oklahoma are playing in California when the average fan would never be able to afford to attend that.

I went to the Rose Parade one year that Wisconsin was in the Rose Bowl and Badger fans were all over the place. But maybe SoCal is more attractive to snow birds than people who live in the south.

On the bright side for Georgia fans, as someone else pointed out since the championship game is in Atlanta, they can spend all their money to get California.

I went to the Rose Parade one year that Wisconsin was in the Rose Bowl and Badger fans were all over the place. But maybe SoCal is more attractive to snow birds than people who live in the south.

On the bright side for Georgia fans, as someone else pointed out since the championship game is in Atlanta, they can spend all their money to get California.
True.

I won't tell you how much I spent going to Greenville, NYC, Dallas then Phoenix then back to Dallas. If you love your teams, you do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT