ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Holbroke FYI

uscfan1981

May 1, 2006
Is now the fifth winningest coach in school history and by the end of the year he should be fourth behind Raines, Tanner, and Richardson.

We also have a chance to record the schools 2500 win by the end of the year.

Originally posted by uscfan1981:

Is now the fifth winningest coach in school history and by the end of the year he should be fourth behind Raines, Tanner, and Richardson.

That's kinda surprising actually. Only 4 coaches in 40 years though so I guess it makes sense.

Based on the headline, I thought you were going to say Chad was filing for bankruptcy.

game-cocks.r191677.gif

Originally posted by AngloCock:
I thought that we were going to fire him? I'm all confused. Haha
"Fifth winningest coach" is something the Clemson propaganda machine
would promote since we've only had 4 coaches in the past 40 years. Most
of the previous coaches were only around for 3 or 4 seasons and had MUCH
shorter schedules.

Re: Chad Holbrook FYI

Here, let me fix this for you and you can thank me later...

Originally posted by cockydev:
Originally posted by AngloCock:
I thought that we were going to fire him? I'm all confused. Haha
"Fifth winningest coach" is something the Clemson propaganda machine
would promote since we've only had 4 coaches in the past 40 years. Most
of the previous coaches were only around for 3 or 4 seasons and had MUCH
shorter schedules.
Spot on. Prior to the late '60s USC played approximately 20 baseball games per season.

I never proof read on the message board and I'm not a good speller.

The sad and or funny thin is that I'm a professional technical writer by profession. It is amazing what word can help us do.

before Richardson took over the issue wasn't the number of games played as much as we really sucked prior to 1970. It is amazing what Richardson, Tanner and Raines have accomplished and thus far Holbrook has done a pretty good job of continuing.

Feel free to continue making fun of my many mistakes. I don't catch them until someone else points them out
smile.r191677.gif

The sad and or funny thin is that I'm a professional technical writer by profession. It is amazing what word can help us do.

before Richardson took over the issue wasn't the number of games played as much as we really sucked prior to 1970. It is amazing what Richardson, Tanner and Raines have accomplished and thus far Holbrook has done a pretty good job of continuing.

Feel free to continue making fun of my many mistakes. I don't catch them until someone else points them out
smile.r191677.gif
Yeah, we did pretty much suck prior to hiring Richardson - thanks for reminding us. Baseball was very much an afterthough. Even if we had a couple of winning seasons with a 15-7 record each year (in our very old dreams), we'll usually triple the number of wins in a single season these days.

Hence, I'll slightly disagree with your assertion and state that Holbrook is as far up on the list of winning USC baseball coaches as he is because of more games being played, and winning them.

smile.r191677.gif
Just a pet peeve of mine.
smile.r191677.gif

confused0024.r191677.gif

5th winningest? Is there a trophy involved???? College Baseball prior to Richardson was an entirely different animal than it is today. Much like high school baseball. They not only played fewer games but occasionally you would get one of the football coaches as the head baseball coach. Frank McGuire coached baseball at St. Johns. Richardson elevated our program 1000%...Sarge Frye Field...bringing in the NY Yankees for an exhibition, CWS appearances and we were on a roll. Holbrook will move up the ladder quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT