ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Holbrook cannot spoil my joy today

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
We have all spring to cuss stomp and cry about his total incompetence...But today our Women's Basketball program is approaching immortality...They just won the 4rth consecutive SEC title...They just won their 3rd consecutive SEC Tournament title...They just clinched their 4rth straight number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament...Every player that contributed to winning this SEC tournament returns next season in addition to a terrific group of freshmen...It could be this year or the next couple...But Dawn Staley's program will win the National Championship

As long as Connecticut exists, no one else is winning the title.

It's women's basketball....
If you mean it's great basketball, i agree with you...Listen dude if you want to rain on a great day for Gamecock sports just because we have an idiot baseball coach, have at it..We are stuck with Holbrook all spring and summer...My guess is he will return next season if he qualifies for a regional...Spare yourself the misery and appreciate the excellence that is Gamecock Womens Basketball

We have all spring to cuss stomp and cry about his total incompetence...But today our Women's Basketball program is approaching immortality...They just won the 4rth consecutive SEC title...They just won their 3rd consecutive SEC Tournament title...They just clinched their 4rth straight number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament...Every player that contributed to winning this SEC tournament returns next season in addition to a terrific group of freshmen...It could be this year or the next couple...But Dawn Staley's program will win the National Championship
She needs to. SEC champions used to do that rather regularly.

Reactions: 67gamecock

total BS...Any idiot knows UCONN will fall sooner or later..I don' t believe they will win the NCAA this season or next...We will see...But they are beatable...They survived a brutal non conference schedule and waltzed thru their cupcake league...Who knows how they will respond to playing very good teams each time out in the big dance

total BS...Any idiot knows UCONN will fall sooner or later..I don' t believe they will win the NCAA this season or next...We will see...But they are beatable...They survived a brutal non conference schedule and waltzed thru their cupcake league...Who knows how they will respond to playing very good teams each time out in the big dance
Believe you me, I hope you are correct.

noone is unbeatable, even UCONN, if Notre Dame gets hot against them, and if The ladies can get on other side of bracket... who knows, that is about all USC athletics excel in right now!!!!! go Girls, get Alania healthy and win the whole damned thing..
I agree. They are an injury away from being quite vulnerable. And if we make it to the NC against them, the fans will be on our side because no one likes the same team to win it every year. And their coach is a jerk, so that's an added bonus.

Reactions: lawcalcock
If you mean it's great basketball, i agree with you...Listen dude if you want to rain on a great day for Gamecock sports just because we have an idiot baseball coach, have at it..We are stuck with Holbrook all spring and summer...My guess is he will return next season if he qualifies for a regional...Spare yourself the misery and appreciate the excellence that is Gamecock Womens Basketball
I hate what has become of Gamecock baseball but the Lady Gamecocks rocked it this weekend. And they beat Clemson too! They are the stars of Gamecock athletics.

I agree. They are an injury away from being quite vulnerable. And if we make it to the NC against them, the fans will be on our side because no one likes the same team to win it every year. And their coach is a jerk, so that's an added bonus.
Geno is the best in the business...But he is a jerk...There is no excuse for the way he leaves his starters in the whole game to humiliate over matched teams...

Reactions: mavcock
The problem is UCONN doesn't have to play out of their back yard until the final four. They can be beat. If our team can shoot well and not play half court, it can be done.

It will be refreshing to see Coach Staley bring the National Championship back to the SEC...It could very well happen this season

I mean UConn's luck has just got to run out sometime. It could be this season, who knows. If UConn were to lose a game in the playoffs we have as good a chance as any to win it all. My gosh, they played today without Coats and beat an impressive MSU squad.

Last edited:
I mean UConn's luck has just got to run out. It could be this season, who knows. If UConn were to lose a game in the playoffs we have as good a chance as any to win it all. My gosh, they played today without Coats and beat an impressive MSU squad.
Dare I say our girls looked strong........even without Coates!

noone is unbeatable, even UCONN, if Notre Dame gets hot against them, and if The ladies can get on other side of bracket... who knows, that is about all USC athletics excel in right now!!!!! go Girls, get Alania healthy and win the whole damned thing..
I'll talk about us winning the national championship after we do it. Until then, it's all theoretical.

The problem is UCONN doesn't have to play out of their back yard until the final four. They can be beat. If our team can shoot well and not play half court, it can be done.

that could backfire...the closer to home the more overconfident they will be...there are a lot of good teams this season...Once they get past the first 2 rounds, the competition gets tougher

If we don't have Alaina at 100% during the dance, we will not make it. She should have not been on the floor yesterday. Poor decision.

Women cut down nets in Greenville. Mens baseball vomit on themselves up there. Proud of those gals. Their backbones are considerably sturdier than our "men."

Tulane had a shot at the buzzer to beat them this year. It missed, but.........Tulane. We just won the SEC against a possible #1 seed without a 2 time 1st team All- American. Anything is possible.

I'll be waiting on the dock when the boat docks.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you King Ward, bandwagon fan of the year. You see its easy for people like this to hate on everything then join in when we win. They have no investment, just negativity and whining.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I'll be waiting on the dock when the boat docks.
you do that
bandwagon.gif

Hope you are right. Am proud of the Lady Gamecocks too. Now let's make a deep run into the NCAA's and see what happens.

Moreover, UT beat them two or three times, didn't they? We ain't done nothing yet.
Huh? Are you talking about 10 or 12 years ago? UT used to be the top dog in women's basketball, they were replaced by UConn in the last 10 years. Nobody has dominated like Uconn in the history of American Sport's.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Moreover, UT beat them two or three times, didn't they? We ain't done nothing yet.

You have no clue what you are talking about...Pat Summitt and UT ruled WBB while Geno toiled at UCONN for 10 years..Coach Summitt owned Geno for quite some time...But once Geno finally broke thru and began beating the Viles, it became a ferocious rivalry that got nasty and bitter...Coach Summitt was a proud warrior that loathed Geno...One reason is he is a terrific HBC..Also Geno is a jerk that likes to let you know how good he is...It got so bad that Pat Summitt punked out and refused to play UCONN the last 5 or 6 years of her tenure

It is extremely difficult to unseat a great dynasty like UCONN...But we will do to them what they did to Tennessee...We have already relegated the Viles to also rans in the SEC...UCONN is next..We'll get there...Great challenges define true champions...UCONN is the great challenge of Dawns career

Reactions: myrtlecock
Huh? Are you talking about 10 or 12 years ago? UT used to be the top dog in women's basketball, they were replaced by UConn in the last 10 years. Nobody has dominated like Uconn in the history of American Sport's.

UT has 8 Natty's and would have more if Geno and the Huskies didn't finally get over the hump and beat them..But as Geno's program was ascending the Viles slapped them around pretty good...Now UCONN has 10 making them the greatest Dynasty in modern sports

UT has 8 Natty's and would have more if Geno and the Huskies didn't finally get over the hump and beat them..But as Geno's program was ascending the Viles slapped them around pretty good...Now UCONN has 10 making them the greatest Dynasty in modern sports

Why use this word? Why?! Can't you give the phrase "national championship" the respect it deserves & not call it what that MF Swinney started calling it?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT