ADVERTISEMENT

Chad needs more time

The silver lining in all of this is I don't think we'll have to read anyone else saying, "it's early - there's a lot of baseball to be played yet."
And no more, "Well, the 2010 team lost to "X" and that turned out pretty well!"

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The silver lining in all of this is I don't think we'll have to read anyone else saying, "it's early - there's a lot of baseball to be played yet."
And no more, "Well, the 2010 team lost to "X" and that turned out pretty well!"

Yep! I've noticed those idiots haven't said much lately.

Reactions: jonesz21
Well, I don't judge the coach until the season is over. We're only 86 games out of first, and I'm seeing some real signs of life with our guys. I truly believe we have an outside shot at Omaha, in fact, I don't see UK scoring more than 13 tonight

Well, he shouldn't need more time to pack - that's for sure! He should have started weeks ago. After the Clemson series debacle would have been the time to start.
I have been amazed at the people who have chosen to alibi the losses to UPC and the two consecutive debacles in Charlotte vs. UNC. Without compensatory success elsewhere, those total breakdowns against our biggest rival and one of our most hated nemeses should have been enough to grease the pole for Chad.

I don't blame Ray for hiring Chad. Chad had developed the reputation as a supreme recruiter at both UNC and then USC. Deserved, or not. Many other schools were looking to snap him up at the time, and it made all the sense in the world. But here we are a few years later and things just aren't working. You just never know with coaches. Some guys are head coaches, and some are good assistants, nothing more. When that line gets blurred you have a problem. I think this is what has happened with Chad. Great assistant, just doesn't have it as a head coach.

Reactions: rogue cock
I still like Ray as AD. That opinion might change if changes are not made. Where was KY last year? Didn't they fire their coach? Isn't this a new guy coaching KY? Where did they get those great hitters? Is their new coach a genius and made superior hitters out of last years average guys? I am sorry for Coach Holbrook but it is past time for him to go. I believe that Tanner is a WINNER and he expects that from everyone else, friend or not. I think last night sealed Holbrook's fate.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Chad needs to take advantage of the opportunity while UK is in town and go hire their hitting coach on the spot.:D

The emperor lost his clothes his first season here when we went up to Chapel Hill and should have won all three games we played handily but managed to boot the ball around and lose the super regional. Chad got on the the wrong bus home that weekend and the rest, they say, is history. Maryland bent us over (at home) the next year, we fail to make the tournament the year after(!), get knocked out at home AGAIN last year after besting mighty Rhode Island and UNC-W. Yawn. This program (and I'm including Ray in this) deserves what we got. The bad news is that we currently suck. The good news is it's an easy fix. Your move Tanner.

I have been amazed at the people who have chosen to alibi the losses to UPC and the two consecutive debacles in Charlotte vs. UNC. Without compensatory success elsewhere, those total breakdowns against our biggest rival and one of our most hated nemeses should have been enough to grease the pole for Chad.

It's easy to make the argument Chad has helped UNC (and Clemsin) more than us in the past few years. And honestly, I don't remember about the wrong bus thing, though it is vaguely familiar. If it was one that had anything to do with UNC, he should've just stayed where he belongs. We are way too big of a name to not have the top coach in college baseball. For the record, I will always maintain we offered (and still offer) a lot more in football than Muschamp, but that's another dead horse.

Do the honorable thing Chad, leave today.

I blame Tanner, it was a rookie AD mistake. Like playing with hot penny stocks, most of the time you get burned. We were not in a position that we couldn't bring in a proven head coach, nor are we now. Some of our other programs, he will have to take more risk, but not with baseball.

I don't blame Ray for hiring Chad. Chad had developed the reputation as a supreme recruiter at both UNC and then USC. Deserved, or not. Many other schools were looking to snap him up at the time, and it made all the sense in the world. But here we are a few years later and things just aren't working. You just never know with coaches. Some guys are head coaches, and some are good assistants, nothing more. When that line gets blurred you have a problem. I think this is what has happened with Chad. Great assistant, just doesn't have it as a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT