ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Should Be Given 1 More Year to Fix This. I'm Rooting for Him

ipull4usc

Mar 17, 2003
I think it's reasonable to say that Chad is officially on the clock and has 12 months. At an elite program like Carolina, I think Chad should be afforded one more year to fix the program. I don't know what that means in terms of Wins/Losses, postseason accomplishments, etc. However, what it does mean is getting back to resembling a "Carolina Baseball Team." What is a "Carolina Baseball Team?" To use an expression from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it." And I know what I saw this year was not a Carolina Baseball Team.

Chad, you have 12 months. I'm rooting for you.

Good luck turning this team around without Martin Caldwell, Schrock Wynkoop and Crowe. Might as well save the man some humiliation while he still has some bit of reputation to be damaged.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I think it's reasonable to say that Chad is officially on the clock and has 12 months. At an elite program like Carolina, I think Chad should be afforded one more year to fix the program. I don't know what that means in terms of Wins/Losses, postseason accomplishments, etc. However, what it does mean is getting back to resembling a "Carolina Baseball Team." What is a "Carolina Baseball Team?" To use an expression from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it." And I know what I saw this year was not a Carolina Baseball Team.

You obviously are not out here in Hoover to see the non-performance of our once proud Gamecocks. He has never won a game in Hoover, shouldn't have been expecting a miracle this year.

Reactions: gamecock ed

Chad will be here at least through 2019 when his contract expires.

Why? He has made it clear that he can't cut the mustard.
how in the hell do you cut mustard

Bush%20confused.jpg

i know its a saying....just givn u a hard time

At least Holbrook got some of our young guys comfortable with pitching on the weekends. No wait, he didn't do that either because he changed Sat/Sun starters every weekend. He also had closers starting & starters closing every other weekend.

Beside the coaching aspect, the talent level has dropped badly and I would just be hopeful that an infux of freshman and or junior college players can turn this around. Batting .250 as a team and having errors, and average pitching won't get it done.

Reactions: RayGilda

is this SUPERCOCK1984?

Not likely...the word is that Holbrook has ate least 3 or 4 more years because fans are crazy and unrealistic if they are not happy being the worst team in the SEC and getting 10 run ruled a couple times every other weekend.

Don't you know that every program goes from the back-to-back NCs to being the 5th best team in the state of SC.

And if you think otherwise well you are going to get the strawman that you expect to win every single NC in Omaha thrown at you for wondering why the SC program within 3 years of those Omaha wins has only one player on the roster whom would make an All Star team of SC players.

But don't worry, the arsonist whom burnt the house to the ground is now is going to burn down the barn and henhouse over the next two years....

One more year? He has been here three years, and has made the program progressively worse. Does anyone see any improvement from year to year? No hitting, no pitching, no defense, no fundamentals, no agressiveness, and no coaching. One more year and the program will take years to recover. He says that he is responsible, so we just let him off the hook? Geez....

This business about him being here through 2019 no matter the results on the field is nonsense. At least tanner can't justify another raise and contract extension after this year.

Are you kidding me, a man coaching a team that can't beat PC and Furman, just to name a couple. Don't worry though, our AD won't get rid of his best friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT