ADVERTISEMENT

Chad

Even if you're a Chad-hater, don't blame him for speaking the truth. I go to most of the home games and I hear what he's talking about. There are fans who I think would rather see the team lose so they can be "right" about Chad, and they take it out on the team. You can bitch all you want here, but if you're going to the game, at least support the team!

Wow. Is he that thin skinned? Don't understand his reason for saying this.
I've been disappointed in his flippant attitude toward what's been going on this year after having those top-ranked recruiting classes & ranked No. 3 pre-season. He needs to be more humble IMO rather than put everything back on the fans! I've always liked him, but have been surprised at his comments. He KNOWS he took over an established, solidly built program that's not performed to expectations, so the buck stops with HIM - not the fans!

Even if you're a Chad-hater, don't blame him for speaking the truth. I go to most of the home games and I hear what he's talking about. There are fans who I think would rather see the team lose so they can be "right" about Chad, and they take it out on the team. You can bitch all you want here, but if you're going to the game, at least support the team!

I support them, but when they are making bone headed errors because they're lollygagging around the field, I'll let them know it. Or if they are keeping their bat on their shoulder watching strike 3 go by them, yeah...they're going to know. Or if they are trying to get smart hitters to chase junk pitches and not throwing strikes only to walk a sub .200 guy, again...they're going to know.

Supporting a team does not mean you can't voice your displeasure with the performance on the field.

I support them, but when they are making bone headed errors because they're lollygagging around the field, I'll let them know it. Or if they are keeping their bat on their shoulder watching strike 3 go by them, yeah...they're going to know. Or if they are trying to get smart hitters to chase junk pitches and not throwing strikes only to walk a sub .200 guy, again...they're going to know.

Supporting a team does not mean you can't voice your displeasure with the performance on the field.

We always heckle our own when boneheaded plays are made or boneheaded calls..

June knows this all too well with us...

Mark Taylor our old 2nd baseman too... Can't hit his weight, always tell him step in front of the pitch... It works both ways to get on base...:D

Love picking on Mark Taylor, great fielder and can bunt the ball... Base hits are hard to come from Mark...

Reactions: sadd66
Sounds like the perfect time to man-up, be a coach and deflect some of the criticism away from the players and toward himself. You know, do what good coaches do.

You know, after that "comment" by Chad... I can see Chad take a hike after the season make it easier for Ray to do something...

Anything good could be Chad showing other schools he can coach at SEC level...

I really think after the season, Ray is going to tell Chad that he needs to clean house with his staff...

You can say you what you want... Just curious, do you think they don't know they made a mistake? I think too many fans base their self worth based on the outcome of what 19 year olds are doing on a ball field. Maybe if it causes you this much angst, you should just stay home and jump back on the bandwagon when they're winning.

Reactions: SCexpat38
You can say you what you want... Just curious, do you think they don't know they made a mistake? I think too many fans base their self worth based on the outcome of what 19 year olds are doing on a ball field. Maybe if it causes you this much angst, you should just stay home and jump back on the bandwagon when they're winning.

38 years of attending games and I'm a bandwagon fan. Um...ok.

Geesh, he better hope none of his players are drafted by the NY Yankees. If he made that statement in NY about their fans, Lord help him.

Geesh, he better hope none of his players are drafted by the NY Yankees. If he made that statement in NY about their fans, Lord help him.
The difference is, the Yankees are professionals. College kids are not. Most college baseball players aren't even on scholarship. I get it if you're not happy that the team hasn't played well the last few weeks, but I never understood how an adult can boo or jeer a 19 year old, especially for the team he/she is supporting. If it's that frustrating, just don't watch. I don't see how the negativity helps especially when there are potential recruits watching. Not happy with the coach - grow a pair and go to the next coaches show and ask a specifc question.

As someone who has attended games for many sports for over 40 years, I'll never understand how adults can take it so seriously and spew so much venom. To each his own, but again if your self worth is determined by the success of a college baseball team, I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: Cybercock
The difference is, the Yankees are professionals. College kids are not. Most college baseball players aren't even on scholarship. I get it if you're not happy that the team hasn't played well the last few weeks, but I never understood how an adult can boo or jeer a 19 year old, especially for the team he/she is supporting. If it's that frustrating, just don't watch. I don't see how the negativity helps especially when there are potential recruits watching. Not happy with the coach - grow a pair and go to the next coaches show and ask a specifc question.

As someone who has attended games for many sports for over 40 years, I'll never understand how adults can take it so seriously and spew so much venom. To each his own, but again if your self worth is determined by the success of a college baseball team, I feel sorry for you.
Are you serious? Played baseball from childhood to the minors and can never remember a time fans wouldn't yell at players. It's BASEBALL. They may do it in other sports, but in baseball the fans are so intimate with the players you can hear most everything....good and bad. I laughed when I read Chad's complaint. First rule, don't criticize the fans for showing up and don't criticize those who do!

1 - No one is booing or jeering the players. If you go to games, you know this isn't happening.
2 - If they can't handle a "two hands" (after dropping a routine infield fly) or a "swing the bat" (after watching yet another called strike 3 goes by them with the tying run 90 feet away in the bottom of the 9th) or a "hey...the dugout is actually alive" (after it's been crickets in there all season) or a "throw strikes" when they are trying to pick at corners and failing, then they really shouldn't be playing SEC level baseball.

Wow. Is he that thin skinned? Don't understand his reason for saying this.
Sounds like you and others here are the thin skinned ones. If you had watched the video, Chad laughed a little when he said this. He was adding a little humor to the interview.

UF Fans would have to actually show up at the ballpark in order to yell at us.
I'll agree with that, their ballpark looks puny as far as seating capacity. With that said, when I watched Chad make this comment in the recent interview, it seemed obvious to me he was joking. All this seems like a bit of an overreaction to a tongue in cheek comment by Chad.

You don't want to be yelled at then play better and get the bat off your shoulders and stop pitch guessing. I have tried to stay on Chad's side but that statement floored me. That's the statement of a passive coach who's rubbed off on his sometimes passive hitters. This ain't Dixie Youth coach these are grown men not little Johnny swinging at a ball on a tee. There are no participation trophies or safe places in big boy baseball. I agree Batgirl, coach needs to man up, being hollered at when you do stupid stuff is baseball. Most of the pitchers from Davidson couldn't break a window and we still looked terrified at the plate. They don't wanna be yelled at then do something to be yelled for and stop blaming fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Sounds like you and others here are the thin skinned ones. If you had watched the video, Chad laughed a little when he said this. He was adding a little humor to the interview.
If that comment had made over the radio would you still think he was semi-joking? Same comment.

I think there is a difference of heckling and yelling at players or coaches...

Heckling players is all good and fun... When a catcher can't catch the ball, you yell out "Yogi! Get a stick and kill it"

Or a conference at the mound between pitcher and infield, then Blue walks up to the mound... You yell out "Hey Blue, they're talking baseball.."

Chad has to have thick skin to be a coach, if he can't take the home crowd for bonehead calls, then he needs to find another line of work...

Stick to his daytime job as a coach. No I didn't watch. My bad I suppose.

If that comment had made over the radio would you still think he was semi-joking? Same comment.
I'm not sure why that is relevant since he made it in a video, not over the radio. Regardless as long as I knew he was joking, I'd not get too upset over it.

I'm not sure why that is relevant since he made it in a video, not over the radio. Regardless as long as I knew he was joking, I'd not get too upset over it.
You mentioned it was obvious he was kinda joking because of the little smile. My point was you couldn't see that smile over the radio to know he was joking. That would put the whole interview in a different light. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak.

Reactions: searooster
I'm not beating up the coach I just believe some things need to go unsaid especially when you and your team are struggling. At least SOS would say we need to do a better job of coaching.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT