ADVERTISEMENT

Chadwell vs Beamer - no contest

Go listen to one chadwell radio interview and you will understand why...not just speaking of his accent either.
Chadwell is a decent coach. There is a reason he is in his mid 40's and nobody from a larger school has come calling yet. To his credit/benefit he struck gold with his current 2star QB from NC who didn't have any D1 offers except CCU. Only a sophomore and that kid is considered one of the top 12 QB's in CFB. Without him, Chadwell's magic 2020 never happens.

people sing the praises of what a great hire Sam Pittman is at Arky yet his resume was the same as (or less than) Beamer….let’s give Beamer at least one season before we decide on his fate. Eyeroll
The difference is his coordinators. He truly went after hr hires and he hit em. We were sold a bill of goods about Beamer's coordinators. We were hoodwinked.

The difference is his coordinators. He truly went after hr hires and he hit em. We were sold a bill of goods about Beamer's coordinators. We were hoodwinked.
I for one really like our entire staff. Just because they aren't SEC rehashes and big names doesn't mean they aren't the guys for the job. I'm still on the fence a little to see what satt does, but otherwise we upgraded at almostnevery coaching position.

Defense looks pretty good to me. Offensively do you think losing your quarterback two weeks before the season starts has anything to do with it the first two games.

Damn people….Pittman won 3 games last year. Our inept coach won 2. Everyone needs something to whine about these days I guess. You and no one else knows if our coordinators are good or bad. Time will tell.

Now that we’ve hashed out the Chadwell thing…..maybe someone can start a we should have hired Napier or Tom Herman thread.

Last edited:
All I know is that at the completion of his first season of coaching, Beamer will have coached against at least 8 opponents that are considerably better than anyone Chadwell has ever faced.

Coastal’s domination:
3-9 2017 Chadwell coach
5-7 2018 Moglia coach
5-7 2019 Chadwell
11-1 2020 Chadwell

They play in the Sunbelt. Coastal’s monster wins: BYU, Kansas, Liberty, and App State. Yawn! Hell, even Muschump beat UGA two years ago.

So all you Chadwell lovers…..come on back after Beamer’s third year. None of you wanted Chadwell at the end of the 2019 season.

Regardless of how you felt about the hire, arguing against Beamer at this juncture is like arguing with the wind.

Barring some wild unforseen event, he is likely our coach for at least 3/4 years at a minimum.
So you’re saying there is a chance he’s out after 3 years?

Did you see Arkansas recently? They took an OL coach and they have made a huge jump in two years. That is in the wake of trying out the hotshot OC that had success at G5 levels as an HC. There is no blueprint to this and either hire could be successful or a disaster.
Let's see where Arkansas is in another 6 weeks.

i don’t think people are saying he’s not a good coach………but there’s a major number of posters on here always clamoring for the other guy. Chadwell would likely be 2-0 at this point….but he doesn’t have the wand to fix the muschump shit show in 2 games either. Beamer will get it done here.
Completely understood.
Please see post #98
Chadwell is a decent coach. There is a reason he is in his mid 40's and nobody from a larger school has come calling yet. To his credit/benefit he struck gold with his current 2star QB from NC who didn't have any D1 offers except CCU. Only a sophomore and that kid is considered one of the top 12 QB's in CFB. Without him, Chadwell's magic 2020 never happens.
Yea, a big reason Chadwell didn't get a HC job is due to the offense that he runs. People were apprehensive about him running this offense. The old, "that won't work at the next level" argument people use, until it works at the next level. We did strike gold with McCall (Had an offer from Army as well). And had his high school ran a more spread type of offense he'd be at a bigger school.
Coastal’s domination:
3-9 2017 Chadwell coach
5-7 2018 Moglia coach
5-7 2019 Chadwell
11-1 2020 Chadwell

They play in the Sunbelt. Coastal’s monster wins: BYU, Kansas, Liberty, and App State. Yawn! Hell, even Muschump beat UGA two years ago.

So all you Chadwell lovers…..come on back after Beamer’s third year. None of you wanted Chadwell at the end of the 2019 season.

3-9 2017 Chadwell coach
- Chadwell hired as OC
- Becomes interim HC right before or at the start of Fall Camp due to Moglia's medical issues
- Year two of the FCS-FBS transition period, haven't reached 85 scholly's yet
- Hasn't recruited his style of play on offense

5-7 2018 Moglia coach
- Joe Moglia comes back,
- Chadwell goes back to OC,
- Still acquiring his talent on O

5-7 2019 Chadwell
- Brings in HIS staff on Offense and Defense
- 1st full-uninterrupted year as HC

11-1 2020 Chadwell
Nuff Said!!!

If you follow his career it's actually pretty on par. I'm counting 2019, as his first year as HC at CCU because it really was! His staff, His Players, No doubt who the Head Coach was!

And you can only play who's in front of you! We played the 8th team in the nation tough and won.

Last edited:
Some here can play down Chadwell forever. But, he has won big as a Head Coach at 3 different schools. The guy is a winner. Carolina screwed up by not hiring him last year. Beamer might still win here. But, at this time, he is still unproven. Chadwell is proven at 3 different schools. And that's a fact.
But he's not proven at this school. Do you actually know that he would have come here?

Ok Chadwell lovers....explain how great he would do if head coach at USC this year and next with our roster and schedule.
It’s not about this year and next year. It’s about year 3 and 4. Chadwell has record that speaks for itself in improving the schools he’s coached.

The sad reality is, more likely than not come year three we will be talking about firing Beamer.

It’s a discussion of Beamer and Chadwell so my comment is indeed relevant. In fact, all of my comments are always relevant — my brilliant mind at work.
No, you were replying to the post "he (Chadwell) has not proven anything." Pointing out that Beamer has or hasn't proven anything is irrelevant to whether Chadwell has or has not. Anything about Beamer is not relevant to what Chadwell offers.

Reactions: rogue cock
It’s not about this year and next year. It’s about year 3 and 4. Chadwell has record that speaks for itself in improving the schools he’s coached.

The sad reality is, more likely than not come year three we will be talking about firing Beamer.
You will be, but no one else will…

After two games that we won (against subpar competition), I don't think you can say we were hoodwinked. Why not give it a season and see what happens? And then give it another season with more players who were chosen by this coach and his coordinators. The jury is still out on the hire, and will remain so for awhile.

Reactions: rogue cock
Completely understood.

Please see post #98

Yea, a big reason Chadwell didn't get a HC job is due to the offense that he runs. People were apprehensive about him running this offense. The old, "that won't work at the next level" argument people use, until it works at the next level. We did strike gold with McCall (Had an offer from Army as well). And had his high school ran a more spread type of offense he'd be at a bigger school.

3-9 2017 Chadwell coach
- Chadwell hired as OC
- Becomes interim HC right before or at the start of Fall Camp due to Moglia's medical issues
- Year two of the FCS-FBS transition period, haven't reached 85 scholly's yet
- Hasn't recruited his style of play on offense

5-7 2018 Moglia coach
- Joe Moglia comes back,
- Chadwell goes back to OC,
- Still acquiring his talent on O

5-7 2019 Chadwell
- Brings in HIS staff on Offense and Defense
- 1st full-uninterrupted year as HC

11-1 2020 Chadwell
Nuff Said!!!

If you follow his career it's actually pretty on par. I'm counting 2019, as his first year as HC at CCU because it really was! His staff, His Players, No doubt who the Head Coach was!

And you can only play who's in front of you! We played the 8th team in the nation tough and won.
Nobody mentions that prior to Chadwell striking gold with his freshman 2 star QB in 2020 his teams at Coastal didn't look so hot. Rule #1 when hiring a new coach: Never be the guy who hires a coach after his one and only historically great season....especially if said coach relied upon a generational type QB that quite frankly was a gift from heaven. You take that kid out of the equation and CCU was a 7-8 win team in 2020.

Most AD's knew all of that already.

Why didn’t Auburn hire Chadwell, or Tennessee (Chadwell’s dream job)? Both UT and Auburn (if memory serves) made their HC hires after we did and still passed on Chadwell even though he was the toast of college football at the time.
There must be something we fans don’t know/understand about Chadwell because he seems like a great hire.

Well, I though Norvell at Memphis did a great job. I wondered why UT didn't hire Norvell when they hired Pruitt? Right now, I don't think anyone is really high on Norvell, however, he may turn out to be a great coach but he's got some work to do.

Look we interviewed Chadwell and from everything I heard he wasn’t really interested. He didn’t want to be here. Beamer did. No one else tried hard to hire Chadwell. That says a lot about him
I didn't know that we interviewed Chadwell and that he didn't want to be here. Or if I did I had forgotten about said interview.

Nobody mentions that prior to Chadwell striking gold with his freshman 2 star QB in 2020 his teams at Coastal didn't look so hot. Rule #1 when hiring a new coach: Never be the guy who hires a coach after his one and only historically great season....especially if said coach relied upon a generational type QB that quite frankly was a gift from heaven. You take that kid out of the equation and CCU was a 7-8 win team in 2020.

Most AD's knew all of that already.

Wait... Isn't it the purpose to find those recruiting gems or really talented players? And the same can be said for many teams outside of Alabama...

- If Joe Burrow doesn't go to LSU they don't win a Natty.

- If Justin Fields doesn't go to Ohio State they don't play nearly as well.

-If Vince Young doesn't go to Texas they'd never win that Natty

Okay ... So you'd rather the Gamecocks have good but not great generational player because you worry that they'll never be able to reach that level again...?

This idea discredits what Coach Chadwell and staff have done in the development of our players...

-Our 2 star DE last year was drafted and is on the active roster for the Eagles.

-Our starting TE was a 2-star WR coming out of High School and is considered one of the best TE prospects in the nation currently, and is projected to be an early-round draft pick

- Our other starting 2-star DE left Coastal for NC-State in the portal, then decided to come back to CCU. He is expected to go in the later rounds of this year's draft.

- Our 3-star WR is a possible later round draft pick in this draft as well.

- Our 3-star CB is a possible late-round draft pick.

McCall no doubt is the main catalyst for this run, but say he's the sole reason ignores the job the other coaches have done, and the culture we have a Coastal now.

What Chadwell needs to get a head coaching gig at a P5 is the same thing Josh Heupel needed to get to Tennessee, and what Bryan Harsin needed to get to Auburn, Sustained G5 success!

All this talk about going to schools like Memphis is not going to happen. He's only leaving Coastal for a P5 in the Southeast. He literally was considered for your HC spot (albeit not very strongly) and Vandy's. I'd be willing to bet he would have gotten a look at Tennessee had it not been for the Charleston Southern NCAA stuff. His name is casually being floated for the Southern Cal opening.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ESPN and other sites gave Florida State an "A" for hiring Mike Norvell. Yet, FSU is 0-2 with an embarrassing loss to Jacksonville State University.

ESPN grades coaching hires link.

Our school's coach inherited a mess and is 2-0. Yet, some of you will bash the university, coaching staff, and team regardless of the outcomes. You did not want Beamer when he was hired, and you do not want him now. Chadwell is your new Gregg Marshall.

Perhaps hiring the right coach is harder in real life than it is on a message board where posters always hire the best coach, land 5-star recruiting classes, draw up game-winning plays, and guide their teams to the CFP.

Some of you should watch the "this is your team" clip from Hoosiers.

Shane Beamer is OUR coach, not Chadwell.
As far as Norvell is concerned, he currently is a path to be worse than Taggart. Willie at least beat Jacksonville State last year and Norvell obviously couldn't even do that. If Taggart had been allowed to finish his 2nd year at FSU I think he could have at least finished even or maybe even have a winning season because the remainder of that schedule was relatively soft. Not saying Taggart should not have been fired but all I'm saying Norvell will be very lucky to tie Taggart's record at the end of two years. So, FSU spend a lot of money and maybe didn't even not help themselves.

Defense looks pretty good to me. Offensively do you think losing your quarterback two weeks before the season starts has anything to do with it the first two games.

Damn people….Pittman won 3 games last year. Our inept coach won 2. Everyone needs something to whine about these days I guess. You and no one else knows if our coordinators are good or bad. Time will tell.

Now that we’ve hashed out the Chadwell thing…..maybe someone can start a we should have hired Napier or Tom Herman thread.
What tngamecock# said!!!

Lincoln Riley didn't have to say this about his ASSISTANT HEAD COACH:

“If it is true, I’d certainly be thrilled for him,” Riley told reporters. “Those are opportunities you don’t always get. If it is the case, it’d be a great decision by South Carolina.”

“I think Shane’s going to be a really good head coach. I do. He’s had great experience being able to work for several different guys and several different programs, different parts of the country and obviously, he’s got very inside knowledge from one of the best to ever do it in his dad, Frank Beamer," he said.

“Shane’s got a good way about him, does a great job with the kids and has been fantastic. I’ll be excited for him. He’s one of those guys that, I think, certainly will get his opportunity at some point.”

Good enough for Riley but not good enough for the Chadwell cry babies. LMAO!

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
HIs name is being casually being floated for the Southern Cal opening.
Floated by who?

Nothing against Chadwell, but no one is “casually floating” his name for SoCal, you’re just being ridiculous.

SoCal wants a “name” coach. They’re wanting an Urban or a Stoops, a Campbell or a Fleck.

My prediction, they go one of four ways. Eric Bieneimie, Luke Fickell, Tom Herman, or someone else from the NFL.

Floated by who?

Nothing against Chadwell, but no one is “casually floating” his name for SoCal, you’re just being ridiculous.

SoCal wants a “name” coach. They’re wanting an Urban or a Stoops, a Campbell or a Fleck.

My prediction, they go one of four ways. Eric Bieneimie, Luke Fickell, Tom Herman, or someone else from the NFL.
Floated by Chadwell or this poster would be my guess….

Wait... Isn't it the purpose to find those recruiting gems or really talented players? And the same can be said for many teams outside of Alabama...

Okay ... So you'd rather the Gamecocks have good but not great generational player because you worry that they'll never be able to reach that level again...?

This idea discredits what Coach Chadwell and staff have done in the development of our players...

-Our 2 star DE last year was drafted and is on the active roster for the Eagles.

-Our starting TE was a 2-star WR coming out of High School and is considered one of the best TE prospects in the nation currently, and is projected to be an early-round draft pick

- Our other starting 2-star DE left Coastal for NC-State in the portal, then decided to come back to CCU. He is expected to go in the later rounds of this year's draft.

McCall no doubt is the main catalyst for this run, but say he's the sole reason ignores the job the other coaches have done, and the culture we have a Coastal now.

What Chadwell needs to get a head coaching gig at a P5 is the same thing Josh Heupel needed to get to Tennessee, and what Bryan Harsin needed to get to Auburn, Sustained G5 success!

All this talk about going to schools like Memphis is not going to happen. He's only leaving Coastal for a P5 in the Southeast. He literally was considered for your HC spot (albeit not very strongly) and Vandy's. I'd be willing to bet he would have gotten a look at Tennessee had it not been for the Charleston Southern NCAA stuff. His name is casually being floated for the Southern Cal opening.

What I said was CCU was a 7-8 win team last year without the McCall kid. Nobody is even talking about Chadwell if not for one single player on that team last year. That's the point that was made, you don't want to be the guy who hires a coach after one great season when the success of that season rode on the shoulders of one QB
A lot of coaches have ridden a QB to a bigger and better job before. Then everyone sees the coach wasn't what was special, it was the QB. I look at Chadwell's career outside of the one year with McCall and it tells me why he has never been offered a P5 type job.

Also, lets see how this season goes for Chadwell. He won a bunch of close games last year in the "magic" season.

Floated by who?

Floated by Chadwell or this poster would be my guess….

I didn't say SoCal brass themselves said Chadwell was a candidate. I said his name was being floated. Some media and fans have mentioned him for the job. If that floated term came off as administrators were talking Chadwell for the HC position, sorry you were confused...

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1437528188918374408?s=20
Also, lets see how this season goes for Chadwell. He won a bunch of close games last year in the "magic" season.

Lol we have a ball-control offense even when you throw in the passing. And with the exception of Troy, a ranked BYU, a ranked Louisiana, and App (who you lost to the previous year) we beat the rest of the teams by 14 or more points.

However, Looks like we have a common opponent this year in Troy. And we also play App who beat ECU by 14 points. I want to see how those games measure up...

I didn't say SoCal brass themselves said Chadwell was a candidate. I said his name was being floated. Some media and fans have mentioned him for the job. If that floated term came off as administrators were talking Chadwell for the HC position, sorry you were confused...

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1437528188918374408?s=20

Lol we have a ball-control offense even when you throw in the passing. And with the exception of Troy, a ranked BYU, a ranked Louisiana, and App (who you lost to the previous year) we beat the rest of the teams by 14 or more points.

However, Looks like we have a common opponent this year in Troy. And we also play App who beat ECU by 14 points. I want to see how those games measure up...
When your stadium looks like ours then you can come back and tell us that your program has passed us by. Not when you had a good year in the sunbelt while our old coach brought us down in the SEC.

Last edited:

That last sentence......
charlie-murphy.gif

When your stadium looks like ours then you can come back and tell us that your program has passed us by. Not you had a good year in the sunbelt while our old coach brought us down in the SEC.
Never said our program passed you all. I will say if both teams played head to head this year I definitely think things are in our favor.

But as far as an overall program...You all had a 111-year head start! Of course, your stadium is bigger! Is that supposed to be a comeback? And also the "wonderful" Governor of South Carolina tried to block our stadium expansion which thankfully was overridden by the SC House and Senate.
That last sentence......
charlie-murphy.gif
Lol Did you look at the link I posted... Guess not!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT