ADVERTISEMENT

Change is coming to the baseball program soon..

No source...

People are saying if Chad is gone, he would have been fired by now. But, if Chad wasn't going to be fired, then Tanner would have come out and said something by now.

Listening to Tanner's comments...

DESTIN, Fla. — South Carolina baseball coach Chad Holbrook’s status will apparently remain in limbo at least a few more days.

Athletics director Ray Tanner, here attending SEC meetings, said Wednesday afternoon that he will be meeting with Holbrook in the coming days. Tanner was asked if a decision has been made on whether to retain Holbrook.

“No. No decisions have been made,” Tanner said.

South Carolina missed the NCAA tournament this year after going 35-25. Holbrook has been the head coach for five years, after succeeding Tanner, who coached the Gamecocks to consecutive national championships.

“As I always do at the end of the year, I meet with the coaches and have a formal evaluation period,” Tanner said. “That will take place in the near future.”

I believe Chad will be moved into an office position and Stuart Lake will be the next Head Coach...

http://www.postandcourier.com/sport...cle_f71595ba-e403-11e6-958c-3f4cf15f116a.html

JMHO...

With all due respect, that doesn't say anything. I am beginning to believe that he is going to be retained as head coach and Stuart lake will take esposito's position. Everything else will remain the same.

With all due respect, that doesn't say anything. I am beginning to believe that he is going to be retained as head coach and Stuart lake will take esposito's position. Everything else will remain the same.

I said nothing about Sammy, but seeing how you mentioned Sammy...

He's gone.. Along with Jerry too..,

we should have a rasslin' team
gamecocks-12-r50.jpg

Maybe you folks should know there was a rift the past couple of years between Esposito and coach Meyers it consisted of Espy telling Meyers he was recruiting other pitchers than coach Meyers was after and Carolina would not be recruiting some guys Meyers wanted and Holbrook backed that idiot coach Esposito. This little quarrell went as far as Tanner and a couple of board members. Coach Meyers is a very very good pitching coach and a better person Esposito is a favor to a old coach. You figure it out

Reactions: sadd66
Lol. Sometimes you got to make a funny when you have been a gamecock your whole life I still remember being laughed at cuz we hadn't ever won an bowl game. I remember taters saying y'all won't ever when a championship in anything

Any Gamecock fan needs a sense of humor to survive. Unfortunately, I don't have a sense of humor and I have been a Gamecock fan since circa 1960.

I remember in the early '60s when Tulane had the longest losing streak in the nation and USC lost to the Green Wave. That win for Tulane then made Wake Forest have the longest losing streak in the nation. And low and behold USC played the Deacons just a few weeks after losing to Tulane. And the Gamecocks lost to WF at WF. The picture in the paper after the loss showed Deacon fans running onto the field celebrating their won over the Gamecocks. Dang, now that was bad and could have only happened to us. LOL!

No source...

People are saying if Chad is gone, he would have been fired by now. But, if Chad wasn't going to be fired, then Tanner would have come out and said something by now.

Listening to Tanner's comments...

DESTIN, Fla. — South Carolina baseball coach Chad Holbrook’s status will apparently remain in limbo at least a few more days.

Athletics director Ray Tanner, here attending SEC meetings, said Wednesday afternoon that he will be meeting with Holbrook in the coming days. Tanner was asked if a decision has been made on whether to retain Holbrook.

“No. No decisions have been made,” Tanner said.

South Carolina missed the NCAA tournament this year after going 35-25. Holbrook has been the head coach for five years, after succeeding Tanner, who coached the Gamecocks to consecutive national championships.

“As I always do at the end of the year, I meet with the coaches and have a formal evaluation period,” Tanner said. “That will take place in the near future.”

I believe Chad will be moved into an office position and Stuart Lake will be the next Head Coach...

http://www.postandcourier.com/sport...cle_f71595ba-e403-11e6-958c-3f4cf15f116a.html

JMHO...
LMAO! If Tanner names Lake head coach then Tanner should be FIRED immediately! I truly hope you aren't serious! Tanners days are numbered if this happens. He can't be that stupid a second time around!

No source...

JMHO...

I believe that if "if's and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas."
But I don't believe that Stuart Lake will replace Holbrook as head coach.

Maybe you folks should know there was a rift the past couple of years between Esposito and coach Meyers it consisted of Espy telling Meyers he was recruiting other pitchers than coach Meyers was after and Carolina would not be recruiting some guys Meyers wanted and Holbrook backed that idiot coach Esposito. This little quarrell went as far as Tanner and a couple of board members. Coach Meyers is a very very good pitching coach and a better person Esposito is a favor to a old coach. You figure it out
I'm still trying to figure it out, lol...But yes, I would keep Meyers on staff over Sammy. Chad should have formed his own staff without pressure from Tanner.

I thought the consensus was that Tanner wouldn't make any announcements until he returned from media days. With that, why would no announcement before he returns give any indication which way he's leaning?

I'm still trying to figure it out, lol...But yes, I would keep Meyers on staff over Sammy. Chad should have formed his own staff without pressure from Tanner.
Chad should have changed his staff after the 2015 debacle. He was allowed to keep his staff intact. Two years later, we're in the same boat with the same staff. Heads need to roll.

I would take Calvi over Meyers any day. It was Calvi's idea to start Roth in the 2010 CWS against Clemson. Meyers has a history of wearing out arms and relying on the same 5-6 pitchers all season. Came back to bite us this year.

With all due respect, that doesn't say anything. I am beginning to believe that he is going to be retained as head coach and Stuart lake will take esposito's position. Everything else will remain the same.[/QUOTE

Is Stuart Lake a "hitting" coach? If so, who'll that be - needs to be a priority IMO! Obviously, we had other issuers as well, but hitting was a huge problem & has been for several years!

I would take Calvi over Meyers any day. It was Calvi's idea to start Roth in the 2010 CWS against Clemson. Meyers has a history of wearing out arms and relying on the same 5-6 pitchers all season. Came back to bite us this year.
I have always been a big fan of Meyers. He has developed some great pitchers here. At one time he had the #1 closer in the country for 3-4 years straight. However this year I don't think he had all of his bullpen pitchers prepared.

Meyers left pitchers in longer than in previous seasons and paid for it with big innings (and maybe the injuries). I suspect Chad had something to do with at least some of those decisions this year.

Keep on preaching. I concur completely.

Calvi could be another name as a head coach...

But I wonder why Lake who was a head coach was brought before the season...

Brian Buscher knew something was coming down when he left in the middle of the season...

I don't see Chad going anywhere which I think is a mistake.

He won't get a contract extension - and doesn't deserve one. That will hurt recruiting as other schools use that against South Carolina.

I also see next year as being his last year for sure because our pitching next year is going to be laughable. We already know we have serious hitting problem with men in scoring position.

When things start to go bad next year on the field, the fan-base will go crazy on social media and in the stands at games during recruiting visits. They will make this year look like a dream season.

Chad should have changed his staff after the 2015 debacle. He was allowed to keep his staff intact. Two years later, we're in the same boat with the same staff. Heads need to roll.

Uh. After the 2015 debacle, we made a Super Regional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT