ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Barkley

usaguy40

Oct 2, 2011
i must be going deaf, but i thought i just heard him say "shit down 3 point shooters"....i like the guy, but hes a terrible analyst/commentator

He may be turrible at times but he's part of the reason why the TNT show has been successful.

Re: At one point, I thought he was drunk.******

Charles is excellent at what he does but he's a NBA guy.... they come down for a handful of days a year to talk about a college game that they pay less attention to than the Pro game and it show in the broadcast at times... But who else are they going to get Darrin Horn?...

Originally posted by dcdayday:

He may be turrible at times but he's part of the reason why the TNT show has been successful.
+1 - "Sir" Charles just tells it like it is pure and simple.

The deal with Barkley is you either like him or you do not , personally I think he adds a ton to the broadcast.

Think of this if he were not thought of as he is then why would Cap One have gone to the expense to have Spike Lee direct their commercials as well as have brought in Samuel L.

Barkley is just flat out funny as well as has a good ability to just state what one team or the other needs to do in order to win , be that at the outset of the game , half time or whenever.

Broadcast to me just would not be the same without "Sir" Charles.

Originally posted by Carolina Cat:

Originally posted by dcdayday:

+1 - "Sir" Charles just tells it like it is pure and simple.

The deal with Barkley is you either like him or you do not , personally I think he adds a ton to the broadcast.

Think of this if he were not thought of as he is then why would Cap One have gone to the expense to have Spike Lee direct their commercials as well as have brought in Samuel L.

Barkley is just flat out funny as well as has a good ability to just state what one team or the other needs to do in order to win , be that at the outset of the game , half time or whenever.

Broadcast to me just would not be the same without "Sir" Charles.
+1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT