ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Gillipie reporting that Roper is canned...

I saw that too, several people commenting they're hearing the same thing. Christmas come early I suppose.

Reactions: jonesz21
Have no comment about Roper.

But some have proposed that Bobby Bentley be promoted to OC.

Uh, am I the only one that thinks that situation could be radioactive? This isn't high school. If things don't actually improve, and I mean a lot with Bentley, well...

And on a more personal note for J. Bentley, if he wants to be a pro, for the life of me I don't know what a pro scout would think of this whole thing.

If I were one I think it would be a warning sign to me honestly. Has to have his dad coach him? No time for that kind of drama.

Have no comment about Roper.

But some have proposed that Bobby Bentley be promoted to OC.

Uh, am I the only one that thinks that situation could be radioactive? This isn't high school. If things don't actually improve, and I mean a lot with Bentley, well...

And on a more personal note for J. Bentley, if he wants to be a pro, for the life of me I don't know what a pro scout would think of this whole thing.

If I were one I think it would be a warning sign to me honestly. Has to have his dad coach him? No time for that kind of drama.
For many reasons, it would be a bad idea.

• A two-time selection as one of the top 25 recruiters in the nation, Josh Henson returned to his alma mater in February of 2017 to coach the Oklahoma State offensive line.

• A four-year letterman at Oklahoma State from 1994-97, Henson has 18 years of coaching experience to his credit, including serving as offensive coordinator at Missouri under Gary Pinkel and serving as recruiting coordinator and tight ends coach under Les Miles at Oklahoma State and again at LSU. Included on his career resume are the 2008 national title at LSU, a pair of LSU recruiting classes that were ranked in the top 10 nationally and back-to-back SEC East titles from his time at Missouri.

• After serving in the role of offensive analyst under Mike Gundy in 2016, he accepted a job as assistant head coach/offensive line and run game coordinator at Arizona State in January of 2017 before coming back to OSU in his current role.

• As a player, Henson was a standout offensive lineman for the Cowboys who logged 37 starts over his four-year career. As a senior in 1997, he was a second-team All-Big 12 performer and was a leader for a Cowboy squad that went 8-4 and finished second in the Big 12 South.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT