ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Gillipie reporting that Roper is canned...

Cutcliffe said otherwise. And the offense has fallen off since Roper left. So, I'll take Cutcliffe's word on it.

Cut loves Roper. One of the big reason I've been giving roper the benefit of a doubt. I'm thinking its time for a change. I doubt seriously Will will dismiss him if he is being considered for the Rice job. He will wait for that to play out.

Cut loves Roper. One of the big reason I've been giving roper the benefit of a doubt. I'm thinking its time for a change. I doubt seriously Will will dismiss him if he is being considered for the Rice job. He will wait for that to play out.
Agree. I hope he gets the Rice HC position. I think it will be best for all parties...especially since that is his alma mater.

I was thinking Tennessee would go after Cutcliffe and maybe Roper would go join him. But we all see that Tennessee is going the stupid route when it comes to hiring coaches.

Plus he's a good recruiter and he isn't the one calling the plays so he gets a pass IMO at this point.
People keep saying he is a great recruiter... he was AT UGA, but we havent landed any top notch talent HERE since he arrived.

Have no comment about Roper.

But some have proposed that Bobby Bentley be promoted to OC.

Uh, am I the only one that thinks that situation could be radioactive? This isn't high school. If things don't actually improve, and I mean a lot with Bentley, well...

And on a more personal note for J. Bentley, if he wants to be a pro, for the life of me I don't know what a pro scout would think of this whole thing.

If I were one I think it would be a warning sign to me honestly. Has to have his dad coach him? No time for that kind of drama.
Heck no, not now at least. Enough of the good ol boy system, we need fresh blood for OC.

Then why has the offense not been as productive since he left...and they also haven't put a QB in the NFL since he left.
Dude, you keep dragging this nonsense out, then I post Roper's appalling offensive numbers and then you cherry pick stats to muddy the water. Roper had one good year at Duke. Just one. The rest of the time there, then at UF and now at USC, he put up some terrible numbers. That's a fact. Stop conflating a single season into a career of production.

Suggestions: First, don't call someone dumb in a post littered with grammatical mistakes. Second, look up Roper's offensive production at Duke, Florida and USC before defending him.
Here’s a suggestion....know football before spouting off... what did rope or champ take over at fla or here. We’re they dumpster fires or Georgia situation where smart waltzed in to a top 5 team???

Look what he took over here... it’s a miracle we won over 3 games this year
You brought up intelligence in a football thread, so I figured your illiteracy was relevant.

Putting that aside, the substance of your posts...yikes! Yeah, one of the best tightends in the country, 4* wide receivers, Bailey on the line, and a QB that was wanted by every team in the country = three wins. Derp! Boss, we had fewer yards than the Cid against the taters. They must have better players!

Reactions: drawplay000
Dude, you keep dragging this nonsense out, then I post Roper's appalling offensive numbers and then you cherry pick stats to muddy the water. Roper had one good year at Duke. Just one. The rest of the time there, then at UF and now at USC, he put up some terrible numbers. That's a fact. Stop conflating a single season into a career of production.
And you keep using rankings to define "production" as opposed to actual yardage, points, TOP, and efficiency.

Ok, you recalculate his offensive production based only on the metrics you determine relevant and let me know.

Until then, I'll go with the standard calculation like everybody else.

Reactions: drawplay000
I was thinking Tennessee would go after Cutcliffe and maybe Roper would go join him. But we all see that Tennessee is going the stupid route when it comes to hiring coaches.

Cut has said that Duke is his last stop. He wouldn't entertain the thought of going to UT now.

Tanneyhill rode the bench until they finally played him. Just saying.

His freshman year, he didnt start until the fifth game.....I’d hardly call that nepotism. It was more about the confidence he brought than his talent level. Not a good example to support your point.

His freshman year, he didnt start until the fifth game.....I’d hardly call that nepotism. It was more about the confidence he brought than his talent level. Not a good example to support your point.
My point was in response to the thought that the starter is always better. Not that the backup is better all the time but in that example it was night and day. I don't even remember who was staring in front of Tanneyhill.

They won't fire him until the Rice thing plays out. So you won't hear anything for a bit even if they plan on firing him.
There are a lot of good OC's that are likely to get snatched up with all these coaching changes. Waiting for Roper to hopefully get another job only helps Roper it seems. At this point it looks like Roper is not getting fired and we'll only have a new OC if Roper gets another job.
Who's ready for year 3 of The Roper Attack!!

There are a lot of good OC's that are likely to get snatched up with all these coaching changes. Waiting for Roper to hopefully get another job only helps Roper it seems. At this point it looks like Roper is not getting fired and we'll only have a new OC if Roper gets another job.
Who's ready for year 3 of The Roper Attack!!

This cannot happen.
Would say a lot about why gamecocks are the way we are.
Roper sucks at his job. Fire him

It needs to happen prior to bowl practice And a replacement being found right now

Reactions: jonesz21
6th game: MS State

Need to act now for a new oc. Good ones won’t last on the market for long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT