ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Gillipie reporting that Roper is canned...

This cannot happen.
Would say a lot about why gamecocks are the way we are.
Roper sucks at his job. Fire him

It needs to happen prior to bowl practice And a replacement being found right now

Any school that is serious about winning would not retain Roper. My guess is we will always do what we have always done. Keep incompetent people and hope they evolve into something they are not. And we wonder why we are who we are. Even Clemson canned OC when needed

Reactions: cocky4
Kind of unfair since he was only at UF one year and here two with a freshman QB. Not exactly enough time to develop a QB for the NFL.
How long did it take to develop Bryant? Watson? Hurts? Eason? Granted, these guys were all 5* qbs, but 19 games in to throw 2 appalling Ints in a rivalry game is just poor development. If it was one game, it wouldn't be an issue, but it was an entire season. The running game improved. Roper? I think he's the qb coach and we have ol and rb coaches.

TJ Brunson is saying Hi right now.
TJ Brunson? He is a good player but he is NOT the kind of talent we need to catch schools like Clemson and UGA... that all you got man? We need game changers, and most all we have gotten since Muschamp arrived is guys other teams did not really want. After a 3 win season, it is understandable but after making back to back bowls and surprising folks with better records than we deserved to have... you would think we might be able to get some interest from better talent. Thus far, that is not the case. If they cannot leverage this season into some wins on the recruiting trail, expect a slide backwards soon.

The type of offense roper runs and the plays he calls are not going to be attractive to top offensive players. Top players want to play in a offense that gives them a chance to shine for e.s.p.n. high light shows and scouts.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Joyner just posted a pic with Roper at his high school on Twitter.

So does CWM have to wait til after Dak signs to pull the trigger? That probably means after the bowl game and all the practices.

No Roper maybe no Joyner, but if no Joyner then no need for Roper.

Joyner just posted a pic with Roper at his high school on Twitter.

Not going anywhere. The results won’t change. I want roper out bc the qb play is abysmal. I think we run the offense that muschamp wants. That is a big problem and we are stuck.

Reactions: cocky4
TJ Brunson? He is a good player but he is NOT the kind of talent we need to catch schools like Clemson and UGA... that all you got man? We need game changers, and most all we have gotten since Muschamp arrived is guys other teams did not really want. After a 3 win season, it is understandable but after making back to back bowls and surprising folks with better records than we deserved to have... you would think we might be able to get some interest from better talent. Thus far, that is not the case. If they cannot leverage this season into some wins on the recruiting trail, expect a slide backwards soon.
TJ is a talent that will play on Sundays. Is he a team alone? No.

The current recruiting class ranking is rather frustrating, though, to be sure. WM needs a couple last-second flips, otherwise it's going to more of the same lack of depth.

Keep in mind we sucked before Bentley took over last year.....then we started winning. Are you sure it is the qb? The OC? Granted....Bentley for some weird reason could not pick up the middle blitz. That will be corrected. We have no fullback for run? I think Dowdle is a perfect fit for that. Wr's not blocking very well because they are freshman? Average talent on the OL? The OL was inherited and you can't fix that quickly. We have Bailey and Stanley coming back next year which are arguably our best two. Who else that just knocks your socks off?

Reactions: Cyclone94
That we'd better find another premier quarterback if keeping Roper is Joyner's price for signing. We'll need someone we don't currently expect to need if Roper and Joyner are unconditionally linked.
Agreed.

TJ is a talent that will play on Sundays. Is he a team alone? No.

The current recruiting class ranking is rather frustrating, though, to be sure. WM needs a couple last-second flips, otherwise it's going to more of the same lack of depth.
TJ wont play in the league....I love him but he sucks in pass covg

The offense underwhelmed but trying be objective here. Top WR and top back lost for year. Basically everyone who touches the football is a true Fr/So sans baby Gronk. Most importantly, the oline stinks. Roper/Muschamp inherited a disaster on the offensive side of the ball. To think this would be fixed and rolling by year 2 might be a bit overly enthusiastic.

ok, now the picture of him and Roper is gone, I swear I am not making this up. It was on his twitter feed this morning. Roper was wearing a Carolina pullover

tumblr_mtb0v1tF9w1sbd8szo1_500.gif

The offense underwhelmed but trying be objective here. Top WR and top back lost for year. Basically everyone who touches the football is a true Fr/So sans baby Gronk. Most importantly, the oline stinks. Roper/Muschamp inherited a disaster on the offensive side of the ball. To think this would be fixed and rolling by year 2 might be a bit overly enthusiastic.
If that were the only problem it would be OK. The big problem is that the QB made multiple poor reads each game, and missed wide open TE and WR all season.

The O production wasn't good in the 2.5 games when we were full strength.

Well, I gave y'all guys all week to get this done, and it now appears inevitable that another golf game of mine is going to intercede. How about having something for me by this afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT