ADVERTISEMENT

Chubbs Total Yards?

sanfordcock

Oct 9, 2013
I'm predicting he gets at least 250. His performance against us vaults him into the early favorite top spot in the Heisman race.

Based on the way UNC and UK ran the ball up the gut, I'd have to say he'll get at least 170 if he gets the ball 20 times. I expect to see Michel get his hands on it quite a bit also. Richt isn't going to want to use Chubb up too early in the season unless he has no other choice. Likewise I expect HBC and Co. to sell out to stop the run, make UGA win through the air. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Chubb easily gets over 200; Goes over 100 in the first half. Michel gets about 80. Marshall gets 40.

I'm predicting he gets at least 250. His performance against us vaults him into the early favorite top spot in the Heisman race.
Whenever UGA backs are expected to have great games against us they usually don't. I think he'll break a few nice runs but we keep him right at 100 yards on the ground.

Go ahead and give me Hell, but Skai Moore may be the best inside linebacker in the country defending the pass, but is average defending the run. He has difficulty getting off run blocks. It may be due to his size.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Everyone thought Ingram and Richardson would run all over us the last time we played bama. How did that work out?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Chubb will get about 115yds because like the ULM and Vandy games..why waste him on a game that is already over by the end of the 1st Q.

10 carries for 115yd and a couple of scores.....

Chubb will get about 115yds because like the ULM and Vandy games..why waste him on a game that is already over by the end of the 1st Q.

10 carries for 115yd and a couple of scores.....

We don't lose to UGA anymore.

Go ahead and give me Hell, but Skai Moore may be the best inside linebacker in the country defending the pass, but is average defending the run. He has difficulty getting off run blocks. It may be due to his size.
I halfway agree.....but Skai Moore played lights out Vs Georgia last season. He had 11 tackles and stopped Gurley at the line of scrimmage a couple of times. I think the boys will be ready to slow Chubb and Co. down and make Georgia beat them through the air. I'm way more concerned about our offense scoring points than I am about our defense slowing down Chubb. No doubt he'll break off a few, but I think we'll contain him better than most, and make Georgia beat us through the air.

But, we lose to UK, UT and Clemp.
Then it's a good thing we're playing UGA on Saturday.

I expect the trend of close SC/UGA games to continue. I agree with the earlier prediction that Chubb may average about 10 yards per carry but for some reason, Richt only gives him about 10 carries. Maybe it's because Chubb gets banged up in the first half and Richt gets overly cautious about getting him seriously hurt or maybe it's because Richt is just a bad Xs and Os coach. Either way, I expect to see UGA plagued by the same fumbles, interceptions, ill-timed penalties, special teams breakdowns, and other craziness that usually plagues them in their games against us that will leave us within a TD striking distance late in this game. Whether or not we convert that opportunity or not, I don't know, but I bet the game will be close.

Everyone thought Ingram and Richardson would run all over us the last time we played bama. How did that work out?
Jones, we had a different breed of lineman back then. The verdict is still out on this group but I hope history repeats itself.

Alright Skai Moore and Jonathan Walton, your chance is here to establish yourselves as elite linebackers. Nick Chubb wants to run for 200+ yards on this defense. I say you guys plus our DLine keep him and Marshall combined under 200 yards. Stallworth and Dixon to lock down the center of the field and make Chubb rush outside. Diggs and Johnson to clean up the mess if he gets to next level. Make Greyson throw on the defense and the Cocks have a fighting chance.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
I'm not as worried about Chubb as I am the other 32 RB's they will put in to give Chubb his breather when he needs it. I'm not sure why a WR would ever want to go to Georgia (they have 4 committed for next year). For goodness sakes, they have enough RB's to never attempt a pass....with more coming next year (Holyfield Jr). I'm not sure we can sustain the constant pounding from the train that is the Georgia "complete" running game.

I will say 300 yards rushing combined between #27, #1 and #4. Maybe a tad more now that I think of it. The D Train cannot be stopped. You will see come Saturday night. Here's to an injury free game for both teams.:)

*ESPN just moved Chubb to #1 on the Heisman Watch List.

Last edited:
Reactions: shorecock
I will say 300 yards rushing combined between #27, #1 and #4. Maybe a tad more now that I think of it. The D Train cannot be stopped. You will see come Saturday night. Here's to an injury free game for both teams.:)

*ESPN just moved Chubb to #1 on the Heisman Watch List.

We will take him off the watch list sat in his house

He gets 59 yds and some bruised ribs

Last edited:
SC against the run: Worst in the SEC in yards per carry and 117th in the nation at 5.85 per attempt.

Chubby gets even fatter on saturday

I agree. Okay, he might be slightly higher than average against the run, but our linebackers in general are not good against the run.

SC against the run: Worst in the SEC in yards per carry and 117th in the nation at 5.85 per attempt.

Chubby gets even fatter on saturday
You're right. Almost all of that is in the first half of games. Imagine if we actually come out prepared to play football.

I'm not as worried about Chubb as I am the other 32 RB's they will put in to give Chubb his breather when he needs it. I'm not sure why a WR would ever want to go to Georgia (they have 4 committed for next year). For goodness sakes, they have enough RB's to never attempt a pass....with more coming next year (Holyfield Jr). I'm not sure we can sustain the constant pounding from the train that is the Georgia "complete" running game.
Also, Derrick Henry and Boo Williams (numbers 2 and 3 current rushers in the conference) were committed to UGA once. We generally seem to have our woes recruiting certain positions (OL and WR), but RB ain't one of them.

It really has to do with Richt's coaching. Much like Spurrier lately, he demands to do the opposite of what is working. For one reason or another once Chubb gets 100 yards on the USC defense, Richt will likely go away from the run game for a bit.
I'll predict 160 yards for Chubb

It really has to do with Richt's coaching. Much like Spurrier lately, he demands to do the opposite of what is working. For one reason or another once Chubb gets 100 yards on the USC defense, Richt will likely go away from the run game for a bit.
I'll predict 160 yards for Chubb

Like he did last time we played Clemson?

Clemmons likes to give Skai $&@" because of him trying to chase down Tay Tay last year when the reality is he shouldn't have been closer to making the tackle (both times I think) than our entire secondary. Dude is a baller.

Like he did last time we played Clemson?
Not at all like when Georgia played Clemson. Chubb and Co were able to easily run over Clemson's exhausted defense last year. Thank Dabo for insisting that Cole Stoudt was the way to go in that game. Ugh!
But what I was referring to, in case you missed it:
Richt tends to lose all coaching ability when it matters most. I was using references to repeated losses to South Carolina and one especially dumb call vs Alabama in the SEC championship game that ultimately cost Georgia a national championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT