ADVERTISEMENT

Citadel Pitching

gamecock_07

Jan 4, 2014
These pitchers had ERA's of 6+ and 8+ and had been getting tagged so far this season.

We're sitting at one run on three hits vs these guys. This is getting ridiculous.

Re: there ain't nothin' better than a 1-0 ballgame, well maybe 0-0*

when its against a good team and a critical game, sure. but this aint that time. you been pleased with our past two mid week games, cause thats what happens when you donk around with a team that you should be beating handily. and thats what we seem to be good at, f'ng up.

harrington has been committed to the program and been given a fair shot, but i agree. put in someone who might be able to help us in the future. we know what we've got in harrington.

learn 2 appreciate the game...... or maybe u prefer 10 zip games.

Originally posted by CockofEarle:

learn 2 appreciate the game...... or maybe u prefer 10 zip games.
been playing and watching the game for 30 years, pretty sure i have an appreciation for the game. just happens that my appreciation extends to ALL aspects of the game and not just the one guy we have on the mound. how'd you feel about our approach at the plate last inning? did you also know that scolameiro was dead meat at the plate before the throw from shallow left and that he only got sent because we have no other legitimate way of moving runners around the base path?

this citadel team hasnt beat anyone with a pulse and got blistered by western carolina this past weekend and you expect everyone to 'appreciate a 1-0 game' vs a very poor team? get real. we suck right now.

Originally posted by CockofEarle:
hope u get 2c more 10-zip games
hope u grow out of your awkward douchey stage soon

Originally posted by pepsicock:
According to Tommy Moody there pitching coach is a former MLB pitcher
yeah, britt reames. i dont recall his mlb career but just looked up the citadel's era for the past 3 years and it's been pretty steady around 5.0 ERA. during what has been the pitchers era that is a pretty high ERA. there's no excuses for us not to be scoring 6 to 8 runs every time we play a team like the citadel and they are throwing mid week guys themselves.

Originally posted by gamecock_07:

Originally posted by pepsicock:
According to Tommy Moody there pitching coach is a former MLB pitcher
yeah, britt reames. i dont recall his mlb career but just looked up the citadel's era for the past 3 years and it's been pretty steady around 5.0 ERA. during what has been the pitchers era that is a pretty high ERA. there's no excuses for us not to be scoring 6 to 8 runs every time we play a team like the citadel and they are throwing mid week guys themselves.

Britt Reams stats

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=337392#gameType='R'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2015&level='MLB'

The game could have been very different had their LF not made two great throws home on two hard hit balls. Of course, we had no business sending the guys to begin with because the catches were so shallow, but still, he made great throws. That's two runs right there.

Also, we were hitting them hard, but with the wind coming in off the river, nothing was leaving that ballpark last night (or most any night at The Joe for that matter).
This post was edited on 4/1 10:31 AM by USCBatgirl21

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:

The game could have been very different had their LF not made two great throws home on two hard hit balls. Of course, we had no business sending the guys to begin with because the catches were so shallow, but still, he made great throws. That's two runs right there.

Also, we were hitting them hard, but with the wind coming in off the river, nothing was leaving that ballpark last night (or most any night at The Joe for that matter).
This post was edited on 4/1 10:31 AM by USCBatgirl21
i watched it and did notice that balls were dying, but for me, that goes back to our lack of hitting the ball consistently. sure, we knock a homerun out every now and then but we are 277th out of 300 something teams in the country in hitting doubles.....277th! hitting doubles is a good indication of how good a team is at the plate and we obviously are in the bottom tier of the rankings in both doubles and average. we just cant hit anything in the gap and move ppl over so we are forced to send runners when we really shouldnt.

the first put out from the LF beat the runner by 20 feet so i wouldnt call that a great play. heck, i could have probably made that catch and throw right now, torn rotator cuff and all.

the second putout was a much better play, and the citadel guy made it, so credit to him for that, but still goes back to putting pressure on the 3rd base coach to send a guy on any ball to the outfield because the next guy up outside of caldwell/martin has less than a 25% chance of getting a hit.

its just painful to watch a bad hitting team.

When playing at The Joe, you really can't find fault with the batters for balls dying like they do there. That ballpark historically is one that unless you hit a line drive below the wind, it's going to die before leaving the ballpark. Even Bo Thompson had hard times getting the ball out of that park.

I know it's tough watching a struggling team at the plate, but last night you have to give them some slack.

I'm just darn happy we finally won a close ballgame.

This post was edited on 4/1 11:59 AM by USCBatgirl21

Every batter that we sent to the plate was not hitting their weight in average except two or three. It was ridiculous. Then Destino comes in with a chance of a slam with the bases loaded and he puts the Dale Murphy wave on a sweeping curve.
Puuuulease ! I agree with gamecock 07.

Yea, we are having a hard time hitting the ball, so we start Patrick Hearington as our DH, wow what a

DUMB move, Holbrook. PH should not be allow on the field. He has to be the worst player I've ever

seen at CAROLINA, yet coach continues to play him, what the hell?????

I really enjoy winning 10 zip myself. I wish we could score 10 runs in a game sometime, and ZIP means

our pitchers are doing a great job. Who wouldn't enjoy winning 10 zip ?

ADVERTISEMENT