ADVERTISEMENT

City of Charlotte supports the tarheels?

It's a state school...what did you expect...lol...
Meh, I see more ECU and App State fans out in force on the weekends than I see UNC in charlotte on football weekends. Ignoring the fact that USC is closer to Charlotte than UNC, most UNC football fans disappear in October in favor of basketball season starting up.

I was at Taco Mac in South Park for the USC/MSU game in 2013. They had that game up on the main screen behind the bar. The secondary game was UNC/NC State.

I am pretty sure he was making a general statement about Charlotte supporting the Tar Heels. Both USC and UNC are making $3.2 million on this game so I think we can say the City of Charlotte supports USC as well.

I think ECU, Duke, Clemson, NCSU, USC and other local schools could make similar statements.

I am pretty sure he was making a general statement about Charlotte supporting the Tar Heels. Both USC and UNC are making $3.2 million on this game so I think we can say the City of Charlotte supports USC as well.

I think ECU, Duke, Clemson, NCSU, USC and other local schools could make similar statements.

Angel, this is 'Jimmy'. WHERE in the world did you get that $3.2MM money number?

Meh, I see more ECU and App State fans out in force on the weekends than I see UNC in charlotte on football weekends. Ignoring the fact that USC is closer to Charlotte than UNC, most UNC football fans disappear in October in favor of basketball season starting up.

I was at Taco Mac in South Park for the USC/MSU game in 2013. They had that game up on the main screen behind the bar. The secondary game was UNC/NC State.
Yea, i read the State story ... but I'm wondering what 'good' source you have.
The number is correct. That is the reason ticket prices where so high. Both schools where told that is how much they would get, but BoA Stadium or whoever was in charge would get to set the ticket prices. Both schools jumped at the 3M plus number because it was guaranteed even if they didn't sell 1 ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT