ADVERTISEMENT

Clark Schmidt OUT for Remainder of Season

That stinks. As if things weren't hard enough. The weekend pitching and the closer were the best things about this team. Tough break for the kid, the team and for Holbrook.

Torn UCL will probably require Tommy John surgery...not just out this season, but more likely a year and half.

Considering his projected draft status, this may cost him a 7 figure dollar amount. Maybe he has some sort of insurance policy.

Reactions: jeff2001
It will be kinda hard for Chad to use that as an excuse when we had Schmidt in the rotation when we got in this mess. Ain't buying it if he went that route. I don't recall Schmidt ever leaving the bases drunk with no outs as a hitter.

Are you implying guys are getting drunk in the dugout before they come up to bat? Holbrook has lost control. Sad!

Gamecock Baseball‏Verified account@GamecockBasebll now27 seconds ago

Update - @ClarkeSchmidt to miss remainder of 2017 season with right elbow injury. #Gamecocks #ForeverToThee http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/042517aaa.html…

Horrible news. At this point, not so concerned about this season but more concerned about his pro chances and getting a big pay day which was certain before this injury.

Heal quickly, Clarke, and we will all be routing for you in the MLB one day!

If Tanner let's Chad use this as an excuse then Chad might put his entire rotation on the DL. Tanners knows this has nothing to do with where we are.

First and foremost, hate it for him. Secondly, Tanner himself has been using the injury excuse since the Vandy series... so it's there already. I just hope the excuses don't get to the point of embarrassing. Next man up. Win anyway.

Reactions: lawcalcock
As we discussed last week, when a pitcher complains about severe forearm tightness, it's the elbow 90% of the time...Sometimes extended rest will heal it...Worst case scenario is Tommy John...Hate it for Clark...This will cost that young man millions of dollars...Even if he avoids immediate surgery, scouts will figure the elbow is due to go and significantly downgrade him..

This is not the time to bash Holbrook..Let's all wish Clarke the best...We have all summer to bash Holbrook

Reactions: titaniumspur
First and foremost, hate it for him. Secondly, Tanner himself has been using the injury excuse since the Vandy series... so it's there already. I just hope the excuses don't get to the point of embarrassing. Next man up. Win anyway.

What injury? Hop? He's been battling that all season, so that shouldn't matter. And he's still trying to give 110% out there.

What injury? Hop? He's been battling that all season, so that shouldn't matter. And he's still trying to give 110% out there.
Not sure what injuries Tanner was referring to. During the second or third game of the Vandy series, Tanner was interviewed and felt he needed to defend Chad. One of the things he mentioned was that Chad has had to deal with some injuries this year. I don't recall him being specific. But when I hear things like that (right or wrong) they make me cringe. That's why I remember it.

Reactions: rogue cock
SONOFA..........!!

As others have said, absolutely hate this for Clark! Wish him a successful surgery and speedy recovery!I don't know that there's much hope of salvaging this season at all now. There was a slim chance before, but now........ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT