ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2026 qb commit.

section907

Sep 16, 2000
It’s a long way to signing day but this is a great look and start for Gamecocks.

Can’t under estimate the impact Dante Reno had on recruiting. The kid signed early and then went after linemen and receivers. This new QB commit has the same opportunity.

Btw. I’m not sure Dante even sees much time at USC I hope I’m wrong because I like the kid but the Sellers kid may be best QB in the SEC next 2-3 years - I’m thinking he gets playing time this year.

Ps. Y’all can go back and carry on with professional trolls on here. Talking about how great they have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: usc_nc
It’s a long way to signing day but this is a great look and start for Gamecocks.

Can’t under estimate the impact Dante Reno had on recruiting. The kid signed early and then went after linemen and receivers. This new QB commit has the same opportunity.

Btw. I’m not sure Dante even sees much time at USC I hope I’m wrong because I like the kid but the Sellers kid may be best QB in the SEC next 2-3 years - I’m thinking he gets playing time this year.

Ps. Y’all can go back and carry on with professional trolls on here. Talking about how great they have it.
PSs. Kudos to Gamecockscoop for the free article. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caleb Alexander

I looked at his highlight video — wondered if those plays were against JV or varsity teams. He has a very strong arm for a freshman in high school. At 6’3 he’ll probably add some additional height and weight. Lot of time for him to bolt somewhere else but certainly looks good for now.

Reactions: section907
I like the kid but the Sellers kid may be best QB in the SEC next 2-3 years - I’m thinking he gets playing time this year.
This season, I would like to see Sellers play the role that Dakereon Joyner has played for South Carolina. Line him up in the backfield or maybe receiver. Next season Sellers can focus on being the starter at quarterback.

This season, I would like to see Sellers play the role that Dakereon Joyner has played for South Carolina. Line him up in the backfield or maybe receiver. Next season Sellers can focus on being the starter at quarterback.
Haven't we seen this movie before? I'm not interested in seeing it again. This season, I would like to see Sellers play the Luke Doty role. The one that allows him to watch and learn and not take unnecessary hits on his arm and shoulders that could alter his career. That way he can come in and relieve Rattler when necessary.

I've learned to never try to guess who is going to be good based on HS or middle school career. Anything can happen. A girlfriend, kids, money, XBox. Contrary to my own belief about predicting the future of kids, I don't think Arch Manning is going to be that good and he's going to get run out of UT. Not a dig, just my gut feeling.

I cant image the pressure that kid is feeling on his shoulders because of who his grandfather and uncles are.
One thing that helps is he isn't expected to start right away. Doesn't have to be the savior carrying the team. He came in with the expectation of redshirting in 2023. Learning the offense, adjusting to college life, college academics, etc. Quinn Ewers is certainly the starter in 2023, but also certainly will go pro at the end of the season, getting out of Arch's way. The problem for Arch is there is another QB a year ahead of him named Maalik Murphy who is on fire. Next spring will be an epic battle for the starting job between Murphy and Manning. The loser will probably portal out and be the No.1 guy in the portal when they do. Murphy is similar to Alabama's Milroe, but bigger, faster and a better passer. In my mind it is 50/50 who wins the starting job at Texas in 2024.

One thing that helps is he isn't expected to start right away. Doesn't have to be the savior carrying the team. He came in with the expectation of redshirting in 2023. Learning the offense, adjusting to college life, college academics, etc. Quinn Ewers is certainly the starter in 2023, but also certainly will go pro at the end of the season, getting out of Arch's way. The problem for Arch is there is another QB a year ahead of him named Maalik Murphy who is on fire. Next spring will be an epic battle for the starting job between Murphy and Manning. The loser will probably portal out and be the No.1 guy in the portal when they do. Murphy is similar to Alabama's Milroe, but bigger, faster and a better passer. In my mind it is 50/50 who wins the starting job at Texas in 2024.

So you meant to say Maalik Murphy says hi. 🏈. I’m still pulling for Sellers kid. He has the tangibles and flew under radar for a long time. He has made it this far from hard work - reslly is still under the radar. Not even many USC know him.

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
He’s not flying under radar anymore. His two quick TD drives looked solid.

He’s not flying under radar anymore. His two quick TD drives looked solid.
I didn't watch the SC game. I was watching some other games and the scroll said South Carolina got beat 48-13 and I thought "Wow, what happened to Rattler, etc" Of course, I now know that they had neglected to add "State" to the end of that scroll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT